Liquids, gels, sprays and food banned from Thai airports and airplanes from yesterday

webfact

8 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

1. You don't think it's odd that the airlines' websites re baggage restrictions -- which do talk about ammunition and various other things -- make no mention of the LAG restrictions.

2. If they've been enforcing LAGs all along, then what the heck is the OP article talking about some change now???

Whats a LAG?  I know what a lag is an old context.....whats  yours?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Buy everything after control make King Power more rich, maybe a causality this new law ? I have serious doubts....about milliards baths pay for exclusivity.

No is not true. ????

You have never flown to Australia….they will get you again.

1 hour ago, VBF said:

Little did they care he'd checked in two more cans in his hold baggage.

Corrected that for ya - hold baggage doesn't matter ????

It was a joke.

Are you one of out Transatlantic cousins?

7 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

Liquids were always in the suitcase only 100 MLS was ever allowed.i never carry anything like that.but u can buy all u want once u clear security at any airport for dbl the price.just try not to buy anything at LHR it is expensive.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

And don't buy anything duty free into Oz

1 minute ago, Traubert said:

It was a joke.

Are you one of out Transatlantic cousins?

So was my reply....and....... don't be daft....I used more than 2 syllables ????

What I don't get is they remove any water from you at the security check area, then you proceed to the aircraft buying some water at the food court and take it on the plane, not to mention everything you can buy at the food court. ???????????????

4 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

What I don't get is they remove any water from you at the security check area, then you proceed to the aircraft buying some water at the food court and take it on the plane, not to mention everything you can buy at the food court. ???????????????

Oh come on....that's obvious.  What you purchase after security is deemed by the authorities as "checked" - what you may bring in from outside is unknown.

3 minutes ago, VBF said:

Oh come on....that's obvious.  What you purchase after security is deemed by the authorities as "checked" - what you may bring in from outside is unknown.

So all the water you can buy after the security check is scanned and tested to be safe????? I very much doubt that looking at the way thais work.

14 minutes ago, VBF said:

So was my reply....and....... don't be daft....I used more than 2 syllables ????

Oh yeah. Please accept my most abject apologies, our kid. ????

Your next bottle of Wor-che-chester-ter-shire Sauce is on me.

1 minute ago, DUNROAMIN said:

So all the water you can buy after the security check is scanned and tested to be safe????? I very much doubt that looking at the way thais work.

Note I said "deemed" to be checked. It's been an international rule for several years - it's all over the web - here's just one example https://www.gov.uk/hand-luggage-restrictions

When I leave a London airport I carry a couple of empty bottles and fill them at the drinking fountain after security check. Same at BKK but this article is implying that only now are the Thais enforcing it.

This thread is only good for its comedy value - I like a good laugh!

5 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Oh yeah. Please accept my most abject apologies, our kid. ????

Your next bottle of Wor-che-chester-ter-shire Sauce is on me.

Rarver 'ave some braahhn sauce, Geezer! Know wot I mean?????

4 minutes ago, VBF said:

Rarver 'ave some braahhn sauce, Geezer! Know wot I mean?????

Yeah but there's no comedy value in how Americans say HP, is there?

I suppose they might say 'Houses of Parliament piquant and frooty sauce of color.' ????

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

And we all have to thank the Islamic terrorist for that, who made traveling a pain in the ass with all the security scrutinise time consuming and the billions that it costs the airlines which we the travelers ultimately pay for... 

Islamic idiots did nothing but killing some people, the only real problem is USA that control the world sky and dictates rules.

I would prefer that some planes crash regularly that having my axxholes checked.

ALL of the listed foods ,drinks , and cosmetics contain liquid and are already banned from Carry on luggage around the world. Nothing new here except that people have been allowed to bring prohibited stuff on board up to now it seems . Does anyone think I could walk though London, Dublin, New York with a can of soup or stew or over 100 ml of liquid anything .. which included toothpaste and perfumes and mouthwash and liquid medicines ?

7 minutes ago, terryofcrete said:

ALL of the listed foods ,drinks , and cosmetics contain liquid and are already banned from Carry on luggage around the world. Nothing new here except that people have been allowed to bring prohibited stuff on board up to now it seems . Does anyone think I could walk though London, Dublin, New York with a can of soup or stew or over 100 ml of liquid anything .. which included toothpaste and perfumes and mouthwash and liquid medicines ?

This point has been made numerous times with at least one link to show it.

And yet people are STILL posting on here as if it was a new issue.

Why it's almost as if they post without reading what went before! :cheesy:????

16 minutes ago, myjawe said:

Islamic idiots did nothing but killing some people, the only real problem is USA that control the world sky and dictates rules.

I would prefer that some planes crash regularly that having my axxholes checked.

That's not even close to sarcasm after all what had happened with planes that disappeared from the radar, the Boeing Super Max 8, hundreds of dead passengers and more. 

You'd prefer that some planes crash regularly? How sick is that in the 21st century? 

Calling all Muslims idiots behind a keyboard is plain weird. The USA had plenty of reasons to change all existing security regulations after the suicide pilots and many other incidents, don't you think?

Do you really believe that the US dictates any rules at Thai airports?

I find your post quite disgusting. Have a good night, sir. 

4 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Maybe explain first if it is the total amount you can have in your bags or what you have as hand luggage.

Totally different rules govern checked and hand luggage - just read the rules that have been in place for years all over the world!

2 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

I know these rules, so I wonder why this is news!!!!!!!!!

That's the point!!!!!!  It's <expletive deleted> well NOT NEWS!!!!!!

Look at my 196 and scroll down from there at least!

3 minutes ago, Delight said:

As I recall the historical ban only was concerned with items carried on board.

Now -it seems-it is everything

NO IT'S NOT!!!!!

From the OP All items must be under 100 milliliters or they cannot come into passenger areas or be carried on planes. 

Archived