Lanna Expo 2019

jko

Lanna Expo 2019
June 28 - July 7

10.00 am - 8.00 pm

Chiang Mai International Convention and Exhibition Center

This has always been worth a visit in previous years, and in my experience, few foreign residents seem to go there - far less any tourists.

It's free, interesting and enjoyable.

More Info:

here - click on top right for English

here from CityLife

Give it a try

Edited by jko
corrections

15 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

I have been there twice in the last two years and that´s enough. Always the same and a lot of food you can get everywhere. Sometimes very loud if there is a band or show..

Kinda like Walking Street after the 2nd or 3rd time.  

Events like this in Thailand are nearly always crap. Whatever type of event it is the exhibition is outdone ten times over by the gaudy food carts and stalls that surround the places like an old fashioned wagon train from the old cowboy movies! Most of the food carts wheelies and stalls are all selling the same thing we see everywhere every day, hardly ever anything unusual or interesting!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, NancyL said:

I think people are being overly harsh.  Unlike Sunday Walking Street, the event is largely indoors, in aircon and well-lighted, so it's more comfortable, with places to sit down and enjoy refreshment when you need a break.  (well, they do have that at Sunday Walking Street, too).  There are more high-end products at the Lanna Expo, also.  

If you're looking for decorator items for a new house or condo or souvenirs to use as presents, it's a good place to go.  Also, good for inexpensive massages and other "health treatments" (like cupping and being pounded on by someone welding a hammer and stake -- not my idea of a "health treatment, but some people like it)

I quite enjoy it also.

Good post and info.

Good afternoon out. You can sample enough edible bits to make a whole meal, too. 

The health section does have some farang's doing moxibustion and a host of other quack remedies. A couple look like they'd fight you if you told them this. 

I'll be going again. 

On 6/26/2019 at 10:30 AM, JingerBen said:

According to the Citylife article: "Health Zone features... use of medical marijuana and much more."

This year I'm going for sure.

We went for about 90 minutes yesterday. Yawn....just like the last 3 or 4 years. Quite boring if you have been in previous years.

I did not see anything about the medical marijuana anywhere. Both the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of ACS had booths but they were devoid of any humans whatsoever. The chairs were still folded on day 2 and there was no indication anyone had even showed up. The Faculty of Pharmacy was there but they were busy with a presentation or lecturing students for the entire 90 minutes. We asked at the Faculty of Holistic Medicine booth but they had no knowledge of it.

5 hours ago, elektrified said:

We went for about 90 minutes yesterday. Yawn....just like the last 3 or 4 years. Quite boring if you have been in previous years.

I did not see anything about the medical marijuana anywhere. Both the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of ACS had booths but they were devoid of any humans whatsoever. The chairs were still folded on day 2 and there was no indication anyone had even showed up. The Faculty of Pharmacy was there but they were busy with a presentation or lecturing students for the entire 90 minutes. We asked at the Faculty of Holistic Medicine booth but they had no knowledge of it.

If a person went there to find out when they may be able to buy and smoke weed, then they were out of luck.

Guess they will have to wait for the future Weed Expo...

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

If a person went there to find out when they may be able to buy and smoke weed, then they were out of luck.

Guess they will have to wait for the future Weed Expo...

It's coming. They had one the other day elsewhere in the Kingdom.

We were just curious and would have listened to the presentation.