My water bottle system...

moontang

slurring one's speech on thaivisa can damage one's Nobel prize expectations...megalomania is a serious psychopathology and should be investigated...

and, who uses ice trays in Thailand fer christsakes?

the Nobel for Physics, Chemistry and Literature have eluded me for a number of years as well...you are not alone in yer frustration...

'Professor tutsi, yer methods are unsound...'

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1

I refill big bottles and transfer to smaller ones at home using a funnel. This machine's water "tastes" better (as in doesn't taste) than nestle, singha or namthip bottled water.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, yokat said:

I refill big bottles and transfer to smaller ones at home using a funnel. This machine's water "tastes" better (as in doesn't taste) than nestle, singha or namthip bottled water.

I also wonder about the bottles that are overexposed to heat and sun.  It sure doesn't help the Leo much.. Unless you are looking for a substitute for vinaigrette dressing. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The OP evidently did not take on Time and Motion study. Two 5-liter bottles on the back of my scooter is more efficient. 3 baht each.

It was bad enough having the Thai's blocking the condo entrance with their motorbikes.  Apparently, they are now riding inside the condo. 

• Haha 1

Too lol. Just drink it out of the tap. Bangkok water has been treated.

If I had an option on premises I'd use the machine. No way I'm buying 6L bottles at 7 or walking to ???? to use an RO machine.

Think the machines are gone bc the water is fine at least for Thai and non girly-men

On 6/25/2019 at 1:29 PM, moontang said:

You live in BKK and require sterilized water bottles.  Dillusional much? 

You live in Bangkok and walk 100s of meters to an old dirty machine to fill your old dirty bottles in your broken, old dirty box.

Delusional much?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

If I had an option on premises I'd use the machine. No way I'm buying 6L bottles at 7 or walking to ???? to use an RO machine.

Think the machines are gone bc the water is fine at least for Thai and non girly-men

Sewer water is still sewer water even with treatment

1 minute ago, monkeycu said:

Sewer water is still sewer water even with treatment

Hate to tell you bro, if you're living in most cities of the world by your definition you're drinking 'sewer water'.

I'm perfectly fine with it.

Maybe move to New Zealand or something.

4 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Hate to tell you bro, if you're living in most cities of the world by your definition you're drinking 'sewer water'.

I spent 5 months going to Bunrungrad hospital trying to stop a leg infection from BKK tap water back in 2009

I almost lost my leg

If you wish to drink human waste that's your business

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

The machine is in the lobby.. three different ones, two companies....  The lights indicate if the filter is OK.  Never really noticed a safe for drinking water on the pvc pipe cement cans sold here, but you will probably die in a vehicle crash, anyways. 

Singapore drinks treated sewer water, so do a number of places in the West.  I coughed it up, the first time I drank it in Tucson.  

Edited by moontang

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:29 PM, moontang said:

You live in BKK and require sterilized water bottles.  Dillusional much? 

If you're referring to me then, no, I don't require them necessarily but the companies that supply the bottled drinking water sterilise the bottles before they fill them, I have no choice about that.

Sandals are for Jesus.. all others should wear lace up shoes.. especially in bkk. 
Real men go bare foot. I seen a few thais sleeping at 7/11 and apart from massively swollen feet they look perfectly healthy

14 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Certainly in the USA, over 95% of cities there are recycling sewage into drinking water.

Water in Melbourne used to be so pure it sometimes bollixed formulas from Germany, as they unknowingly relied on some water hardness in the mixing specification.

The Clutha River in NZ probably has some of the cleanest water around. Snow melt from the Southern Alps.

I get water from the roadside machines, and boil it to be on the safe side. I can  taste the chemicals in tap water here.

The best water I had, and purest, was meltoff from underneath the continental glacier in Colorado, and then it is percolated  to an artesian well..no river is that clean. 

https://www.eldoradosprings.com/eldorado-springs-water-chemical-analysis

A half ounce of water for every pound of bodyweight.. Every day. 

Edited by moontang

2 hours ago, ballpoint said:

Water?  Disgusting stuff.  Until fish start getting out to have sex and go to the toilet, I'm not touching it.

Somebody has been reading up on W C Fields.

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2019 at 1:24 PM, Just Weird said:

So what you're suggesting is to refill used bottles at a water dispenser? Brilliant, wonder why no one else thought of that?

By the way, every corner shop and 7-11 round my way sells clean drinking water in sterilised bottles the same size as the potentially dirty ones you use, have you ever seen those shops.

Have you read any of the many not good reports about the cleanliness of the water from those machines?

Why not invest 3 - 4,000Baht and install a water purifier over your kitchen sink? Many good ones on the market, easy to fit replacement filters which are readily available and not as expensive as they used to be, and initial installation not difficult at all. 

Frozen pepsi bottles etc., of water and ice-tea is great, we do that too, and very inexpensive. 

• Confused 1