Johnson warns EU against any 'Napoleonic' tariffs in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

We have been down this road so many times. Parliament made it binding by invoking art50.

Consequently, the European Union (Notification of Withdrawal) Act 2017 empowering the prime minister to invoke Article 50 was enacted in March 2017.

thought it was TM (the conservative government) who invoked article 50 not MP's but could be wrong

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Quite a few links have been provided on various threads re. this ongoing court case, but I do agree that it's very hard to find via MSM ☹️.

Googling 'robin tilbrook court case' is the place to start.

Not that difficult.

As well as the sources I named earlier, following your suggestion turned up many more; such this from the Daily Express: Brexiteer vows to PROVE Britain ALREADY left EU in court - ‘I’m VERY confident!’

Yet again, unsubstantiated claims that the MSM are ignoring pro Brexit news is proven to be rubbish.

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

We have been down this road so many times. Parliament made it binding by invoking art50.

Fact, Article 50 can be revoked.

Fact, The referendum poll is non binding. 

Fact, A question to obtain a view point is all it was.

Fact, You are clutching at straws mate.

18 minutes ago, evadgib said:

MSM aren't touching it 49 but your posts suggest you once again have a full bladder and i'm not going to post anything on which you can empty it ????

The legal challenge to Art 50 extension was dismissed from court as having no merit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vogie said:

MPs had to vote on it, the vote was 498 in favour of invoking art 50, 114 were against.

ok, so ALL 498 are guilty of the same stupid decision

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, vogie said:

Hows about The Guardians own version of it, I trust this will be enough to satisfy your doubts, or not. He did use the expression country though.

"The European parliament’s president, Antonio Tajani, rebuked those MEPs who did not immediately get to their feet. “[It] is a question of respect; it doesn’t mean that you necessarily share the views of the European Union. If you listen to the anthem of another country you rise to your feet.”"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/02/brexit-party-meps-turn-their-backs-european-anthem-ode-to-joy

I'll give you that. But was he calling the EU a country or making a general comment about respecting an anthem?

I guess our answer to that will be different.

Doesn't alter the simple fact that the most effective, let alone honest, way of showing their disapproval of the EU and it's Parliament would be to not attend at all.

But as doing that would have meant each and every one of them forfeiting tens of thousands of pounds of British taxpayers money, they chose to turn up and collect the cash instead!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vogie said:

MPs had to vote on it, the vote was 498 in favour of invoking art 50, 114 were against.

Indeed, and they could have voted not to extend it; but chose not to do so.

Some here are amazed that an organisation do their best to try to keep one of their most valuable (in all aspects) member.

I personally think that is what an organisation has to do. 

Only when the other members decided the organisation has to let the member go, they have to act accordingly. 

Of course if the member categorically/sincerely wants to leave, he can just smashed the door, and completely ignore the tentatives of the organisation. 

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

Hang on!

Gina Miller's case was all over MSM, and yet Robin Tilbrook's ongoing case is barely mentioned!

Which is why you had to ask for a link re. the court case....

I asked for a link because, unlike @evadgib, I believe in providing evidence to substantiate my claims.

As he had not done so, I went looking for such, and as shown in two posts found plenty; both in the MSM and elsewhere.

15 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I asked for a link because, unlike @evadgib, I believe in providing evidence to substantiate my claims.

As he had not done so, I went looking for such, and as shown in two posts found plenty; both in the MSM and elsewhere.

In that case please post what happened next?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I did. Not an official Scouting Association site or song!

It's a big NO from me. 

It's called A Scout Is: The Boy Scout's Anthem

It's on a website called Scout Songs.

Ok, it's American; doesn't mean it doesn't exist, though!

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

In that case please post what happened next?

So yet again you want me to do your work for you!

The case was dismissed as it had no merit.

As already explained, this is because the extension was laid before Parliament by means of a Statutory Instrument, to which no MP objected. It would have been odd had they done so, as the request for an extension had previously been approved by the House with a significant majority.

Therefore the extension is legal.

Tilbrook has requested leave to appeal, a request which is pending. As nothing has happened for a while, that is what has been reported recently; nothing.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Link please - as finding anything about this court case is still difficult.

See Robin Tilbrooke twitter feed

I do not know of any MSM who covered the rejection of the case

Only covered in legal circles as far as i know

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:
57 minutes ago, vogie said:

And this was the final confirmation/passing of it into legal statue. It is incredible how quickly people are willing to overlook facts, cry foul and totally re-write recent history just because they didn't get their way. Childish barely begins to cover it. Very sad that we have quite so many such adults in the UK. What went wrong!?

The decision to extend Article 50 was also approved by Parliament.

Do your remarks include those Brexiteers who are against this extension approved by Parliament?

Especially to those who appear to be supporting the ludicrous court case to overturn it?

24 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

It's called A Scout Is: The Boy Scout's Anthem

It's on a website called Scout Songs.

Ok, it's American; doesn't mean it doesn't exist, though!

My school had a 'school song', and we were all required to stand up when it was performed....

As a kid, obviously I conformed to this stupid, pointless requirement.

As an adult, I am not as easily intimidated.

Which is why I still think the brexit EMPs should have just remained seated.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

As an adult, I am not as easily intimidated.

I am occasionally at 8 a.m.

or 6 p.m. at Ekkamai bus station. I stand up, like everyone, when the National Anthem is playing. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Link please - as finding anything about this court case is still difficult.

20 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

So yet again you want me to do your work for you!

The case was dismissed as it had no merit.

As already explained, this is because the extension was laid before Parliament by means of a Statutory Instrument, to which no MP objected. It would have been odd had they done so, as the request for an extension had previously been approved by the House with a significant majority.

Therefore the extension is legal.

Tilbrook has requested leave to appeal, a request which is pending. As nothing has happened for a while, that is what has been reported recently; nothing.

Again, link please.

"As nothing has happened for a while, that is what has been reported recently; nothing."

Pretty much nothing has been reported since the beginning of this court case - unlike gina millar's case that was all over MSM.

I have been told that this case has been rejected and an appeal will follow.  But again - not as a result of MSM.....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

The decision to extend Article 50 was also approved by Parliament.

Do your remarks include those Brexiteers who are against this extension approved by Parliament?

Especially to those who appear to be supporting the ludicrous court case to overturn it?

"The decision to extend Article 50 was also approved by Parliament"

Link please.

Not that I'm particularly bothered, as MPs have made it very clear that they are desperately searching for a BRINO that they can sell to the electorate ☹️.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Again, link please.

"As nothing has happened for a while, that is what has been reported recently; nothing."

Pretty much nothing has been reported since the beginning of this court case - unlike gina millar's case that was all over MSM.

I have been told that this case has been rejected and an appeal will follow.  But again - not as a result of MSM.....

Go to the source of the claimant 

Robin Tilbrooke

36 minutes ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

And which was the national referendum of 2016 described as by the government then? 

..it was a non-binding referendum, so basically it was an opinion poll.

I agree there are changes to be made on how EU rules are determined and implemented however Brexit isn't the way to do it unfortunately. Crashing out and burning bridges is never a good idea in the long run.

Edited by NightSky
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"The decision to extend Article 50 was also approved by Parliament"

Link please.

Not that I'm particularly bothered, as MPs have made it very clear that they are desperately searching for a BRINO that they can sell to the electorate ☹️.

Government motion on 14th March