essox essox

Has anyone, recently had their skype id closed/blocked....for security reasons, as skype describe it?

My prime id was stopped on Monday.....can not access it at all....go round and round in circles when look microsoft/skype websites.

Try to contact them....is a waste of time.

ANY SUGGESTIONS as to how to recover my skype id??

Thanks

24 minutes ago, Rally123 said:

Have you tried uninstalling it and starting again with a new account?

it works with my secondary username so skype is working on my pc !!

I need prime username to work as it has/had business phone numbers on it from previous conversations. Can not access them....

5 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Wouldnt bother with any form of "tech support" as its a cmputer program talking to you and will drive you nuts !!!

I would suggest calling them and speak to a human ! (if they have any)

where to get phone number....it will be in the states...

I had a similar problem ...I cleared/deleted all temporary files & cookies and search history  them I restored my PC to a early date when it was working properly after the  re stored to a earlier date re-booted    ..my skype worked ok again ....

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Wouldnt bother with any form of "tech support" as its a cmputer program talking to you and will drive you nuts !!!

You will need to speak Finnish though.

Maybe time to go in on this problem a little bit more specific. I´ve also been locked out of Skype recently. As you know when you login, you can either use your email or Skype name (should be something starting with "live:"

When I was blocked from logging in, it asked me for verification of my identity. They just wanted to know if I was the owner of the account. Here you can use the mobile phone numer you registered as security check. Which I hope you´ve done. 

In other cases you can send a mail to Skype support and they will make you verify by your mail. Some times the option in security have verification by mail too, depending om if you are trying to login on computer or phone/tablet.

Below you also have 2 very good liks that can help you with your problem:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10946/my-skype-account-has-been-restricted-or-temporarily-suspended

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/all/my-account-is-blocked-or-restricted-what-can-i-do/dcd530f7-8f70-4734-850f-2a95892805ff

I hope something of this can help you. Skype is a very important tool in the shed of magic. 

• Like 1

If using a Vpn, turn it off. I believe skype sometimes gets fuzzy when used with a Vpn on. Same as outlook. If you stay on a certain  ip for so long. It can then start blacklisting your emails. Simple change of IP solves problem.

5 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Definitely don't text them through tech support, I did this mistake once and it was a headache. Maybe there's some info about this kind of situation on youtube?

19 hours ago, banglay said:

I had a similar problem ...I cleared/deleted all temporary files & cookies and search history  them I restored my PC to a early date when it was working properly after the  re stored to a earlier date re-booted    ..my skype worked ok again ....

ok but how does one do what you say in your post??

MY SKYPE works on another skype id....JUST NOT ON MY PRIME username !!

which is what I want/need to access

15 hours ago, logder said:

Definitely don't text them through tech support, I did this mistake once and it was a headache. Maybe there's some info about this kind of situation on youtube?

not looked you tube yet someone sent a link for me to open...need to look there..

TECH support is non existant....go around in circles for hours...WHY??? then one gets told to go to  F A Q's another waste of time....it is PATHETIC....hence my question on here

18 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Maybe time to go in on this problem a little bit more specific. I´ve also been locked out of Skype recently. As you know when you login, you can either use your email or Skype name (should be something starting with "live:"

When I was blocked from logging in, it asked me for verification of my identity. They just wanted to know if I was the owner of the account. Here you can use the mobile phone numer you registered as security check. Which I hope you´ve done. 

In other cases you can send a mail to Skype support and they will make you verify by your mail. Some times the option in security have verification by mail too, depending om if you are trying to login on computer or phone/tablet.

Below you also have 2 very good liks that can help you with your problem:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10946/my-skype-account-has-been-restricted-or-temporarily-suspended

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/all/my-account-is-blocked-or-restricted-what-can-i-do/dcd530f7-8f70-4734-850f-2a95892805ff

I hope something of this can help you. Skype is a very important tool in the shed of magic. 

thanks for this info....will check out later...

On 6/28/2019 at 10:06 AM, Mikisteel said:

If using a Vpn, turn it off. I believe skype sometimes gets fuzzy when used with a Vpn on. Same as outlook. If you stay on a certain  ip for so long. It can then start blacklisting your emails. Simple change of IP solves problem.

Not really, if you know how to configure the security option for your Microsoft accounts, that will say.

On 7/2/2019 at 5:08 PM, Matzzon said:

Not really, if you know how to configure the security option for your Microsoft accounts, that will say.

why use a vpn for skype....it is used worldwide....do dont understand you reply.... do not have a vpn....never had for years and years

Edited by essox essox
after thought

1 hour ago, essox essox said:

why use a vpn for skype....it is used worldwide....do dont understand you reply.... do not have a vpn....never had for years and years

No, I just replied to Mikisteel. You do not need a VPN for Skype. My answer was regarding, if you use a VPN, you will need to make Microsoft understand that you are surfing from different countries so they allow that and not see it as a security risk.

You do not need a VPN for use Skype. It´s worldwide as you say. Regarding your quote now, I get a feeling that you failed to solve your problem? Or is it working ok now?

Edited by Matzzon