400,000 baht retirement visa

I am presently on the 800,000 baht system. If anybody knows the complete set of rules for obtaining a retirement visa with the 400,ooo baht system would they please post them for me. Many thanks in advance. I currently earn about 500,000 baht per annum on o.a.pension

• Confused 1

OAP suggests you are English.

Although you mention visa, I suspect that you mean extension of stay.

Full details for applying for an extension based on marriage (400k Baht) can be found in the pinned topics above in the Thailand visas section.

The best fit I can think of is you are currently on a retirement extension based on money in the Thai bank, 800,000 baht. To reduce that to 400,000 you would need to be applying for an extension based on being married to a Thai. Referred to as a Marriage Extension here.  

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, pgardiner said:

sorry for late reply. Does one have to be married to apply for the 400,000 baht extention of stay?

Yes.  Or married and income of 40,000 a month.

I believe there's an option as parent of a child as well.

Edited by overherebc

7 minutes ago, pgardiner said:

sorry for late reply. Does one have to be married to apply for the 400,000 baht extention of stay?

There are 2 main types of long term extensions. Retirement, requiring 800,000 baht in the bank for 2+3 months and 400,000  the remaining 7 months of the year, You need to be 50 yo. Another is a married extension, where you need to show 400,000 to live off which can be utilized once the extension is issued. You would need to prove you are married to and living with a Thai.

There are income and combination options too, or Embassy letter if you can get one.

Edited by jacko45k