Biden tries to limit the damage from debate blow

rooster59

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

Steve Bannon predicts Harris-Beto ticket has 'best shot' at beating Trump

So, Bannon (famous for his international nationalism evangelizing and his "drunkard passed out next to the dumpster" fashion statement) recommends this ticket.  Of course, he only wants what is best for the U.S.  :cheesy:

I post this here because I know there are a few who will understand the ploy.

More recently I read Bannon recommend the Biden/Harris ticket, but can't find a link for that one.

à¸à¸¥à¸à¸²à¸£à¸à¹à¸à¸«à¸²à¸£à¸¹à¸à¸ à¸²à¸à¸ªà¸³à¸«à¸£à¸±à¸ trojan horse

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, blazes said:

Harris lied (what's new?) about her bussing experience.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article232076402.html

No, she didn't lie.   She said she was in the second class integrated.   Here's from your article:

While it’s true she was among the second class of students at Thousand Oaks Elementary School to participate in a fully integrated busing program, she was far from the first black child to attend the school.

She did not say she was the first black child to attend the school.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Credo said:

No, she didn't lie.   She said she was in the second class integrated.   Here's from your article:

While it’s true she was among the second class of students at Thousand Oaks Elementary School to participate in a fully integrated busing program, she was far from the first black child to attend the school.

All that aside what I find most interesting is that this is being spun by her campaign and in the media as her having suffered some hardship when in fact the opposite is true. Desegregation is more akin to emancipation than it is to slavery but she's characterizing herself with the media's full acceptance as some sort of victim.

I'm wondering where her folks lived if she was being bussed to a North Berkeley school. Richmond, Emeryville? Her dad was a prof at UC Berkeley, correct?

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Credo said:

Somebody is either not listening or being deliberately obtuse.  She claimed on Thursday night that she was "that little girl in the bus".   If she WAS in a bus, she was being transported to a fully integrated school!!!    (Using up a lot of carbon incidentally....a minor point worth mentioning, since her campaign manager affirmed that she was STILL in favour of bussing!!!!  What a woman!  Trump, you have real competition in the hypocrisy department!)

18 minutes ago, blazes said:

Somebody is either not listening or being deliberately obtuse.  She claimed on Thursday night that she was "that little girl in the bus".   If she WAS in a bus, she was being transported to a fully integrated school!!!    (Using up a lot of carbon incidentally....a minor point worth mentioning, since her campaign manager affirmed that she was STILL in favour of bussing!!!!  What a woman!  Trump, you have real competition in the hypocrisy department!)

Such a tempest in a tea pot trump supporters sound more desperate every day first bus second bus so what your hero insults pows and attacks kids why don’t you think about that instead it’s a much more serious issue

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Stranger things have happened, but I don't think Biden has it anymore to stand up to "trump" in debates. I think it's time to reject him. Being old isn't the issue. Having faded abilities is. Biden said it himself, talk about Freudian slips -- MY TIME IS UP. 

That debate was more like speed dating lol an older guy won’t shine in those conditions that being said joe has a long history lots of experience lots of good will among minority’s he will survive and I still think Harris should be his vp that would be a strong team and good for the country imo

8 minutes ago, Tug said:

That debate was more like speed dating lol an older guy won’t shine in those conditions that being said joe has a long history lots of experience lots of good will among minority’s he will survive and I still think Harris should be his vp that would be a strong team and good for the country imo

Two liars, two politicians totally out of touch with the country they lust to govern?  Yeah, that should work...

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, blazes said:

Two liars, two politicians totally out of touch with the country they lust to govern?  Yeah, that should work...

Calling those two liars is rather humorous considering the track record of the person they will be challenging.   Really, really, funny with a touch of hypocrisy.   

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Credo said:

Calling those two liars is rather humorous considering the track record of the person they will be challenging.   Really, really, funny with a touch of hypocrisy.   

My dear Credo, I do believe you fail to realise that being a politician involves, almost by definition, being a liar.  My credo that politicians are by DNA mendacious allows me to write those words (above) about those two frauds.  (Of course, we all know about Trump and you don't need to be a rocket scientist to be aware that every second word of his is a  lie.  But since we all KNOW that, it doesn't matter.)

Whereas, Harris's lies, because she has the air of "respectability" that (obviously) Trump does not, her lies are all the more insidious and hypocritical.

In fact, Trump is not a hypocrite, since we all KNOW that he is lying and (amazingly) he knows that we know.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, blazes said:

My dear Credo, I do believe you fail to realise that being a politician involves, almost by definition, being a liar.  My credo that politicians are by DNA mendacious allows me to write those words (above) about those two frauds.  (Of course, we all know about Trump and you don't need to be a rocket scientist to be aware that every second word of his is a  lie.  But since we all KNOW that, it doesn't matter.)

Whereas, Harris's lies, because she has the air of "respectability" that (obviously) Trump does not, her lies are all the more insidious and hypocritical.

In fact, Trump is not a hypocrite, since we all KNOW that he is lying and (amazingly) he knows that we know.

This reasoning is unbelievable. Just one thing, so Trump is an habitual and therefore it is ok.