Female pickpocket gang in London caught on camera stealing Thai tourist’s purse

rooster59

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Someone at least then is starting to understand how foreigners over here feel when they get robbed and ripped off when trying to have a pleasant holiday. Crime is a problem everywhere, and proves just because you are on holiday, doesn't mean you can let your guard down when carrying valuables.

Don't look English. Probably east European similar to Glasgow problems with the Romanian scumbags

8 minutes ago, colinneil said:

What selfie stick?

Both ladies had their hands down, clear in the video they were not using a selfie stick, a third person shot the video.

So what?  Perhaps the videographer didn't notice it happening, it wasn't exactly obvious and they were crossing a road, maybe the third person was concentrating on doing that?

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Someone at least then is starting to understand how foreigners over here feel when they get robbed and ripped off when trying to have a pleasant holiday. Crime is a problem everywhere, and proves just because you are on holiday, doesn't mean you can let your guard down when carrying valuables.

So kind of you to put this blame too on Thais

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, SteveK said:

I'd be surprised if the London police can be arsed to investigate this at all, even with the video.

True. Politically correct British police are lazy and useless these days, and totally invisible as they hide in their offices.

All they're interested in is social networking 'hate' crimes. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

What selfie stick?

Both ladies had their hands down, clear in the video they were not using a selfie stick, a third person shot the video.

Not only is what you say apparently true but so is the fact that the third person seems to be using a gimbal.  Who goes for a walk in London with a gimbal on their smartphone?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Seth1a2a said:

I know that both the Daily Mail and the Sun can be a little shady at times, but the Sun claims that they checked out their story about the police report as well.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9394618/female-pickpocket-tourist-steal/

"A Met Police spokesperson said: "A report of theft was made at the front counter of a central London police station at about 13:30hrs on Monday, 17 June.

"The victim, a woman aged in her 50s, had her purse containing cash stolen out of her bag in Cambridge Circus, WC2H, at about 16:30hrs on Sunday, 16 June."

If there are wagers,  a vote or a poll taken on this story I am siding with The Thai woman who alleges that her purse was stolen as depicted in the video clip.   

False Reports. If you make a false report, make up a crime or lie to the police you could be charged with wasting police time or even the more serious offence of perverting the course of justice. ... The offence carries a maximum penalty of six months imprisonment.

Reported the theft so as to a claim a (fake) LV purse and contents from  travel insurance

Call me cynical

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, soistalker said:

The difference is that if caught in London,  the thieves will do time in jail. In Thailand, it is a 500 baht fine with no jail time. 

Nonsense, Thai jails are full of people caught for crimes like this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

I agree with you mate, that was not a genuine pick pocketing, it was set up to be posted on social media.

First another person just happened to be filming, at the exact moment the theft supposedly took place.

Second just as the so-called pick pocket was out of shot, the purse was discovered missing.

Third a Thai lady would speak Thai when it discovered not English.

Simply not true...I often speak Thai with my wife out of reflex when something shocks me here because you adopt the language of culture you live in...especially if you've been there for a long time and learned the language well.  I don't think they are tourists if theyre both married to farrang with surnames and aged 51 thats a lot of time speaking English

My wife has even spoken English with other Thai's here and had to stop and ask herself 'why am I speaking English with Thai's"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Reported the theft so as to a claim a (fake) LV purse and contents from  travel insurance

Call me cynical

Would be a big risk for small reward for the 3 Rumanian? women involved.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richiejom said:

Simply not true...I often speak Thai with my wife out of reflex when something shocks me here because you adopt the language of culture you live in...especially if you've been there for a long time and learned the language well.  I don't think they are tourists if theyre both married to farrang with surnames and aged 51 thats a lot of time speaking English

My wife has even spoken English with other Thai's here and had to stop and ask herself 'why am I speaking English with Thai's"

Simply true, i live here for quite a few years, when something goes wrong.... I CERTAINLY DO NOT SPEAK Thai, but my native language English.

Edited by colinneil
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Drum roll,

Police are actively searching for an amiable London Black cabbie and an equally amiable news reporter from the Metro to publish an article that the cabbie found 50,000 quid on the back seat of his car and returned it, just after this unfortunate incident occurred.

Thus proving, the majority of multi cultural London is honest.

With it now being the weekend, they are still awaiting confirmation for the photo op and handshakes all round from the florist and the Mayor, Sadiq Khan.

• Sad 1

the Romanian gypsies have been stealing in the whole of the EU ever since they were allowed free travel.

my home in Spain was burgled by them.

there is absolutely no reason why the cops in the UK cannot catch these scum bags after looking at the video.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Where's the pointing?  at least our CCTV works!  most times something happens here it's 'broken' or 'under maintenance'.

The video doesn't look to be as if it's a CCTV.     It looks ground level and taken by someone with the Thai couple.  It's clearly designed to focus on them specifically and got their reaction upon  discovering the theft.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

the Romanian gypsies have been stealing in the whole of the EU ever since they were allowed free travel.

my home in Spain was burgled by them.

there is absolutely no reason why the cops in the UK cannot catch these scum bags after looking at the video.

Err,

Manpower? more pressing crimes such as stabbings, which are currently rife on the streets of London?