"The Thais and the Chinese are friends" says teacher after assault by Grab driver

rooster59

"The Thais and the Chinese are friends" says teacher after assault by Grab driver

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTU2My83ODE4NDQyL25ld3MxMi5qcGc=.jpg

Caption: A wai in apology to a Chinese teacher

A Chinese teacher working in Thailand has told reporters that the Thais and the Chinese people are friends.

This came after a Grab driver gave himself up to Pak Kret police for assaulting him in a fit of rage.

The Grab driver, aged 50, was not named. He was given the assumed name of Prakit in the Sanook story.

It was earlier reported that Grab have sacked him. 

Chew, 30, who suffered a damaged nose in the altercation in Soi Wat Salak Neua in Pak Kret said that since the incident on Thursday a stream of Chinese reporters and his relatives had been in contact with him.

He said that he had worked in Thailand for a long time and that this taxi problem was caused by communication problems and misunderstandings. 

"The Thais are our friends," he said. "To say otherwise would create a lot of trouble". 

He accepted a wai of apology from the driver who has admitted everything and agreed to pay the Chinese teacher's hospital bills.

He has been charged with assault. 

Yesterday it was reported that following a series of arguments in the cab that was hailed from the Grab application the driver went to the boot of his car to retrieve a golf club. 

Sanook said the case had ended well. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-29

3 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

"The Thais are our friends," he said. "To say otherwise would create a lot of trouble". 

Very insincere statement !!

Go on fella say what you really think !!

Exactly.

What they really think is:

Thai: I am 39.6734% Chinese and I am so proud of my Chinese blood. Chinese culture is my penultimate culture.

Chinese: I look down on these brown Thais who claim to be Chinese. They are not Han Chinese which is the only Chinese I respect. They are basically one of those ethnic minorities that we totally disregard in China. Anyway, we can have them work for us. Just don't give them anything important to do. They are not too clever.

• Like 1