Visa question

Hi all

A bit of background

2018 6 VE and torwards the end got a SETV with a re-entry plus extension which took me over to 2019

2019 - At the end of the first SETV, i went to Vietnam and got another SETV plus re-entry and extension.  

- Took a border run to KancKanchanaburi and then got a 30 day VE

My question is now can i extend my 30 day VE or how can i get an extension ?

I am UK passport holder and 41 years old

You speak with acronyms, you're not really a novice.

You have extensive history of travelling through borders and you applied for several extensions and re-entry permits at local Immigration, have you not?

And now you are asking us if you can apply for an extension on a VE and how............

Yes, you can, the same way you've applied for one on the previous SETVs you had. 

And next you are asking us for opinions whether you should get an extension or "extend" at the Embassy.

You get visas at the Embassy, you already used that terminology yourself on row 7 of your original post.

I advise you to choose whatever makes you happy.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

so what do i chose?  Go to thai embassy to extend or go through land borders again?

There is no clearly correct answer. You probably want to extend your visa exempt entry for 30 days at an immigration office inside Thailand (which costs 1,900 baht). After that, if you want to stay longer, I would suggest going to consulates for tourist visas that facilitate entry at land crossings. Savannakhet on a Tuesday is one option. Yangon, taking an overnight VIP bus to Myawaddy to enter Thailand by land at Maesot is another. Kuala Lumpur or Kota Bharu in Malaysia are also possible.

How much longer do you visualise spending in Thailand? Staying on tourist entries is soon going to become tricky.

2 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

Iam not sure if can get Visa extension after getting VE using land border crossing.  I just want to extend for a week or so

Any tourist entry can be extended for 30 days at an immigration office inside Thailand.