If you suddenly die

BEVUP

Hello all 

& thanks in advance

I know this may have been covered but each situation is different

I'm an Aussie legally married to a Thai with 1 son & am still working in homeland why my wife remains in Thailand

We have no wills made (obviously need to do )

I don't think my wife needs to do one as property is 50/50 in her & sons name & would auto go to son if wife suddenly dies

Now for me 

I would only need one for my Superanuation & bank accounts 

But here's some questions

1. Say if you don't have an Executor 

2. Could you just open a Trust Account  (in Auss ), so they could send a Pension for wife & son

3. A close Relative want's to be Executor/Trustee to ensure they get money owing 

On that note of No.3 she also mentioned she would ensure my son stays with mother in Thailand (son is not Daul Citz )

She mentioned any family member could gain rights to bring him back to Auss, due to Citizenship by birth, (can't see how since only Thai Citz )

I think she would know the laws since she house been taking in kids for 10 yrs ( her & husband are police force )

I hope this makes sense 

I talk to a lawyer and I followed his advice.  I took a copy of my ID and wrote underneath it To who it may concern etc.  I then had 2 witness sign at the bottom and put their Thai ID number beside their names That is it.  You just put down what you want.  I showed the lawyer and he said ok.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 12:34 PM, ezzra said:

Do a will and appoint an executor, someone you trust as soon as you can, the rest of your concerns you should make inquiries to the relevant authorities in OZ, this way you get the correct answers and not what a ThaiVisa member thinks he knows because each case and each situation are different and may not apply to you...

Where did you copy this from?

On 6/30/2019 at 11:18 AM, BEVUP said:
On 6/30/2019 at 11:18 AM, BEVUP said:

She mentioned any family member could gain rights to bring him back to Auss, due to Citizenship by birth, (can't see how since only Thai Citz )

You and your wife will need to do a little work on this (or I suppose your relative could, but not sure).  If your name is on the birth certificate, then you'll need to get it translated into English and certified as true translation. Get all the requirements to apply for his Aussy citizenship. Make an appointment with the embassy and get him his Aussy citizenship.

14 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

If you got married in Australia 100% of everything automatically goes to your wife. I need to redo my will since getting married so that my Oz kids can get something. 

Getting married makes any previous will null and void. 

Many people fall foul of not realizing that marriage invalidates previous Wills.

Also, rules of intestacy are different in Thailand to any home country.