Trump plans tanks and flyovers at Fourth of July celebration in Washington

webfact

1 minute ago, Ozman52 said:

“He’s not a war hero,” Trump said at the Family Leadership Summit in Iowa in July of 2015. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

It's easy not to be captured when you stay on the other side of the Pacific.

Well that was a truly vile thing to say. No wonder he get's stick for making such a nasty sick remark. That's disgusting.

Our leader at the time of the WoT and who sent British soldiers to die in Iraq is reputed never to have once visited the wounded in hospital. He got plenty of stick for that, it helped make him one of the most hated Prime Ministers we've ever had.

2 hours ago, porphyry said:
  1. Dwight D. Eisenhower
  2. John F. Kennedy 
  3. Lyndon B. Johnson 
  4. Richard Nixon
  5. Gerald R. Ford         were the only ones to serve

Washington Jackson grant teddy r there are others civil war 1812 Spanish American vets but I don’t know who they are

Some people are afraid that Trump will turn this normally apolitical event into a political gabfest. Not to worry. Trump knows that certain events are meant to be apolitical. Especially speaking to the troops:

Trump tells US troops 'this is not a political speech' and immediately makes a political statement in speech

• In a speech President Donald Trump gave to US troops and their families in South Korea, the commander-in-chief claimed his remarks was not intended to be political.
  • Immediately after making the comment, Trump alleged Democrats did not support adequately funding the military.
  • "I will tell you, this is not a political speech, but the Democrats were not going to give it you," Trump said.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-political-speech-us-troops-osan-military-2019-7

Trump also said in this speech that Democrats were stonewalling and making problems on domestic issues. He also accused them of wanting open borders and also to hell with the military.

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CaptRon2 said:

Another post from Tug demonstrating your lack of concern for the truth. You have falsely accused President Trump of being a draft dodger. Perhaps you are unaware that President Trump, had a 100% legitimate medical deferment, very similar to the one your hero Joe Biden had.

:cheesy::cheesy:

Do you know the difference between Trump and a normal man?

1.  Trump had money, the normal man not.
  2.  Trump has had 2 @rsh-licker doctors attesting that his health wasn't normal .....  eehhm ... that he was sick, concerning the military. And another one who attested, that his physical and psychical conditions would be okay for the P(L)OTUS-job.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozman52 said:

Faking an illness to get a medical deferment is hardly an act of honour, though I'm not sure it is a crime to add to his list. Ali was no coward, he objected to killing other coloured people for white men, a POV I can quite understand.

Are. You are some kind of medical expert? You an authority and have proof it was a faked injury? If not the original comment stands, not a draft dodger.

And the closest The heavyweight chump would have gotten to any action is a USO show.

Edited by CaptRon2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Tug said:

The 4th of July is America’s holiday not Donald’s soap box we get trolled enough by that incompetent buffoon most Americans want to celebrate the holiday without trump spewing bs and boon me the Canadians have contributed lots of blood and treasure during ww2 and other nato conflicts 

Pretty hilarious you call someone an Incompetent Buffon.

you have absolutely no proof or any idea  of how most Americans want to 4th, truth of the matter is it should not interfere in your day at all.

What does my comment about the cowards who ran and hid out in Canada, have to do with the Canada’s war record? Try reading the post, maybe you will be able to figure it out. Lol, but by all means keep calling President Trump and incompetent buffoon.

Enjoy the 4th of July parade, I know I will!

3 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

And for his principles he chose risking prison rather than performing in a USO show. Thanks for pointing out that Ali had little to gain by his opposition and so much to lose. Yet because of his principles he went ahead with it anyway. A very brave man indeed.

Heavyweight Champion, refusing to go into the military, absolutely disgraceful. Cowardly draft dodger! 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, CaptRon2 said:

Heavyweight Champion, refusing to go into the military, absolutely disgraceful. Cowardly draft dodger! 

Cowardly how? You just wrote the nearest he would get to combat would be a USO show. Confused much?

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

I would say Ali was the hero, Trump the coward with a fake deferment.

And you have proof of what you are calling a fake deferment, and being the expert that you apparently seem to think, you are, how about Biden’s deferment? Is that one a legitimate or a fake one?

When you have some credentials certifying you as an authority on legitimate deferments please get back to me, in the meantime trying sticking to the proven facts.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Cowardly how? You just wrote the nearest he would get to combat would be a USO show. Confused much?

I am not at all confused about him being a coward, he refused to be inducted into the military during a time of war “Coward” and of course Draft Dodger. 

7 minutes ago, CaptRon2 said:

I am not at all confused about him being a coward, he refused to be inducted into the military during a time of war “Coward” and of course Draft Dodger. 

Once again, you said he faced no risk. Or at least no more risk than a USO show could provide. So how could he be a coward? And as for being a draft dodger, the Supreme Court disagreed.

Here's a link to an interesting story about the podiatrist who diagnosed Trump's bone spurs and got a sweetheart rental deal from Trump's father. :

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/26/us/politics/trump-vietnam-draft-exemption.html

And I'm sure it wasn't anything to do with the exemption. Fred Trump was well known to be a sweet guy and the soul of generosity

• Like 2

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

Biden's deferment:

" Biden, 76, got student deferments when he was at the University of Delaware and was then reclassified as disqualified for service because he had asthma. "  https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-on-vietnam-despite-five-deferments-hed-have-been-honored-to-serve/2019/06/05/88a17bfe-87a2-11e9-a870-b9c411dc4312_story.html?noredirect&utm_term=.2cbbd8adac49

Trump's deferment:

"As a student at New York Military Academy and in college, he was an active athlete, playing baseball, basketball, golf and football. He was 6-foot-2, 180 pounds, lean and strong.....After he graduated from the Wharton School at Penn in spring 1968, he was reclassified 1-A — prime eligibility for the draft."   http://As a student at New York Military Academy and in college, he was an active athlete, playing baseball, basketball, golf and football. He was 6-foot-2, 180 pounds, lean and strong. He described himself as “the best baseball player in New York.” After he graduated from the Wharton School at Penn in spring 1968, he was reclassified 1-A — prime eligibility for the draft.

"The podiatrist, Dr. Larry Braunstein, died in 2007. But his daughters say their father often told the story of coming to the aid of a young Mr. Trump during the Vietnam War as a favor to his father.  “I know it was a favor,” said one daughter, Dr. Elysa Braunstein, 56, who along with her sister, Sharon Kessel, 53, shared the family’s account for the first time publicly when contacted by The New York Times."   https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/26/us/politics/trump-vietnam-draft-exemption.html

Doesn't matter, he is defending the indefensible and clear lies.

14 hours ago, SammyT said:

All that military might yet the yanks haven't won a war in how long? Cant even beat rice farmers and goat herders...

If your referring to Afghanistan - the British failed when at their mightiest, the Soviet Union failed and no one as subdued them.

40 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Biden's deferment:

" Biden, 76, got student deferments when he was at the University of Delaware and was then reclassified as disqualified for service because he had asthma. "  https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-on-vietnam-despite-five-deferments-hed-have-been-honored-to-serve/2019/06/05/88a17bfe-87a2-11e9-a870-b9c411dc4312_story.html?noredirect&utm_term=.2cbbd8adac49

Trump's deferment:

"As a student at New York Military Academy and in college, he was an active athlete, playing baseball, basketball, golf and football. He was 6-foot-2, 180 pounds, lean and strong.....After he graduated from the Wharton School at Penn in spring 1968, he was reclassified 1-A — prime eligibility for the draft."   http://As a student at New York Military Academy and in college, he was an active athlete, playing baseball, basketball, golf and football. He was 6-foot-2, 180 pounds, lean and strong. He described himself as “the best baseball player in New York.” After he graduated from the Wharton School at Penn in spring 1968, he was reclassified 1-A — prime eligibility for the draft.

"The podiatrist, Dr. Larry Braunstein, died in 2007. But his daughters say their father often told the story of coming to the aid of a young Mr. Trump during the Vietnam War as a favor to his father.  “I know it was a favor,” said one daughter, Dr. Elysa Braunstein, 56, who along with her sister, Sharon Kessel, 53, shared the family’s account for the first time publicly when contacted by The New York Times."   https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/26/us/politics/trump-vietnam-draft-exemption.html

Wow, President Trump was a great athlete, and it is amazing how you have managed to include that in your post and of course conveniently neglected to mention Biden’s college role as starting halfback, but of course, when your dead wrong, and have nothing, lie, cheat and deceive.

Biden has often said he only went to school for the partying and football, but poor sickly Joe can’t serve and you accept that.

The sisters both of whom are Democrats, can not provide any supporting evidence to their story (which went nowhere), but when you have nothing lie, cheat and deceive and of course spread every lie you can.

• Like 1