U.S. lawmaker describes 'horrifying' conditions at Texas migrant facility

webfact

20 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I have been to a number of scientific conferences at various cities in America. One of the features of those conferences has been the ability of organisers to shuttle large numbers of people to and from their accommodations, feed them and otherwise ensure their welfare is looked after. I'm talking about a conference that used to handle logistics for upwards of 50,000 attendees, plus all the exhibitors.

As what the USA quaintly describes as an alien, I was very impressed with the level of organisation.

From that, I am concluding there is no question the resources are there. More likely, it's a lack of money or will.

Are you comparing a conference or exhibition whose facilities, subcontractors, and associated hotel space is usually planned for a year or years in advance to a tidal wave of uncounted people just blowing across the border from anywhere and everywhere? Did you register ahead of time to attend those events? Did they know you were coming? Did you have reservations for cars, rooms, etc.  Really.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 9:12 AM, daoyai said:

Her "inspection" was no surprise to the facility, they would naturally want to show that it is well run, knowing how AOC operates I suspect she had her narrative planned before arrival. She wants open borders, no immigration enforcement at all. She is a proven fraud, be skeptical of anything she says.

But, she is the cutest member of Congress in the past several decades. Who even comes close? That has to count for something! 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Please. Nobody in politics lies like Trump. To say they're all the same is nonsense. Name one democratic candidate who comes close to lying on the scale that Trump does.

Is Trump the worst of the worst? Yes. But he's the spokesman for a new generation of politicians. The next presidential election will be just another reality show, The Biggest Liar.

22 hours ago, BobBKK said:

I'd support that but would be surprised if the authorities did not have whole medical and welfare teams there. AOC would look at a white wall and call it black if it suited her political ambitions.

Here's the latest report from those lying left-wingers at the Office of the Inspector General in the dept. of Homeland Security. I can't believe the lies those people tell about the great humane effort being made at the detention centers.

Management Alert – DHS Needs to Address Dangerous Overcrowding and Prolonged Detention of Children and Adults in the Rio Grande Valley (Redacted)

https://www.oig.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/assets/2019-07/OIG-19-51-Jul19_.pdf

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

Please. Nobody in politics lies like Trump. To say they're all the same is nonsense. Name one democratic candidate who comes close to lying on the scale that Trump does.

How about all of them?

• Like 1

AOC's drinking from toilets is debunked, she just repeated an illegal who did not know the water pipe next to the toilet was from a drinking water source. AOC is so full of hate and arrogance nothing can be believed. Take her back in there and let's SEE if her claims are true or not. 

Edited by BobBKK
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

AOC's drinking from toilets is debunked, she just repeated an illegal who did not know the water pipe next to the toilet was from a drinking water source. AOC is so full of hate and arrogance nothing can be believed. Take her back in there and let's SEE if her claims are true or not. 

Not true. She reported that some of the fountains on the toiled unit didn't work and that the guards told the detainees to drink from the bowls.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Not true. She reported that some of the fountains on the toiled unit didn't work and that the guards told the detainees to drink from the bowls.

Don't believe it and she never saw that and spoke to one family. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Especially barriers to deter official government inspectors.

What is it you don't understand?  these facilities were designed for another purpose, they have asked for funding from congress and they have been happy to let this go on for political purposes. They should not be there, they are ILLEGAL, of course facilities are not ideal and you blame who?  the officers doing their job?  Trump?  Bigfoot?  no one wants to see kids suffer it is their parents who are to blame not the under-pressure officers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

What is it you don't understand?  these facilities were designed for another purpose, they have asked for funding from congress and they have been happy to let this go on for political purposes. They should not be there, they are ILLEGAL, of course facilities are not ideal and you blame who?  the officers doing their job?  Trump?  Bigfoot?  no one wants to see kids suffer it is their parents who are to blame not the under-pressure officers.

Aren't you the guy who claimed in this very thread " I'd support that but would be surprised if the authorities did not have whole medical and welfare teams there. AOC would look at a white wall and call it black if it suited her political ambitions."

Now you're blaming who exactly for not enough funding?

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, DrTuner said:
41 minutes ago, chokrai said:

Sure looks like fake crying to me. Nasty woman. 

Maybe it was just a case of nasty PMS. Would fit the look too.

me thinks bad constipation

2 hours ago, bristolboy said:
2 hours ago, zydeco said:

They're all serial liars. Both sides. The country has degenerated to the point where all of them think nothing of lying, exaggerating, and deceiving. Not even when they're caught. They just move on to the next lie. They are literally without shame. Every damn one of them.

'i dont have a lot of love for trump and he is far from an angel but moron bartender aoc makes trump look like a rhodes scholar and i am a democrat

Edited by atyclb
  • Like 1

I love political arguments.    One side trying to convince the other is funnier than a Seinfeld episode.

Note:  I used to care about the sick and unfair world we live in.   I am trying to kick that habit so that I can lower my stress level and enjoy the simple pleasures in life .  Also helps keep the drones away

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, atyclb said:

'i dont have a lot of love for trump and he is far from an angel but moron bartender aoc makes trump look like a rhodes scholar and i am a democrat

Concern trolling is where you claim to be in sympathy with opponents but really not. You give yourself away by using phrases such as "moron bartender". Your contempt for working people is obvious. I guess you can call yourself a democrat. But it's dubious that it has any predictive value of how you actually vote.

• Confused 2

Just now, rumak said:

I love political arguments.    One side trying to convince the other is funnier than a Seinfeld episode.

Note:  I used to care about the sick and unfair world we live in.   I am trying to kick that habit so that I can lower my stress level and enjoy the simple pleasures in life .  Also helps keep the drones away

Thank your for sharing your happiness with all of us here. I am so pleased for you whoever you are. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, atyclb said:
  2 hours ago, zydeco said:

They're all serial liars. Both sides. The country has degenerated to the point where all of them think nothing of lying, exaggerating, and deceiving. Not even when they're caught. They just move on to the next lie. They are literally without shame. Every damn one of them.

Used to be that the truth would set you free.   Pretty sure the opposite might be the case in the new world order.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Thank your for sharing your happiness with all of us here. I am so pleased for you whoever you are. 

you get credit for one more irrelevant post.    same as me   ????

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, atyclb said:

remember how disappointed new yorkers were after aoc prevented amazon . com from choosing nyc to open a center that was to create 25000 jobs. remember how jussie smollet hired 2 nigerian brothers to stage attacking him?   fake or real ??

jobs-created-2-jobs-created-25000-aoc-meme-43336467.png

Nice attempt at deflection. You posted a lie and even now don't acknowledge that you did.

• Confused 2