Celebrity beautician files libel cases against two police officers

snoop1130

18 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

One thing about this case that always seemed odd was, I never quite followed what Thai Immigration had to do with a fraud case against a Thai beauty shop operator.... I thought that strange and unusual at the time the case/arrest was first reported.

A good point, the guy has been going around doing non immigration police business and arresting Thais for a long time.

I wouldn't have thought it's part of his remit as immigration police.

I'd liken it to someone writing parking tickets (the equivalent of the immigration department) trying to do some real police work without permission and stepping on the toes of the real police.

Poor Big Joke.  Now stripped of all his powers and disgraced for heaven knows what has to face the vengeance of those he crossed when he thought he would always be able to walk on water.  I could almost squeeze out a crocodile tear.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, scorecard said:

Agree, to keep some balance in this report why didn't the media involved give some details of why she was charged?

BALANCE?!?!? Ummm, you KNOW who this "media" is, right? Thaivisa? They ran a story about my being robbed without even interviewing me or fact checking. They had to just about completely rewrite the story, and by then it became a total fiasco and farce in the eyes of the readers, whom I don't blame. 

On 7/4/2019 at 7:07 AM, MrMo said:

Well, that should fail at the first day in court.   Libel is for the written word; spoken defamation would be slanderous.   Unless, of course, it's the translators mistake.

And remember there's no true/false defence!