Is this a new "date scam" ?

atyclb

met an online dating site gal. we went to a pub, she spoke english, told me she has a uni degree as well as her mom who is a gov official. she seemed considerate and even told me from the outset that we will share the bill so dont worry.  went from first pub to second pub where she ordered more beer and food. prior to second pub i did inform her i just had 500 baht left and again she said dont worry we share bill.... though i covered first pub 100% no problem.

bill came and i was short thus i said to her can you cover the difference , about 200 baht. next she says "i only have 60 baht but i will go to an atm" . 5 minutes later she sends me a photo of an "out of order atm screen message and says she will go to mrt atm. tells me she is at mrt but on first floor of pub is atm. i went to first floor and there is working atm, not inconsistent with photo she sent me. i check  exif data in her atm photo. photo is 3 months old.

i guess assuring me that we will share the bill even though i never requested to is a way that induces me to continue to allow her to freely order whatever she wants.  

i was already tired from drinking beer and had had some decent food so it was a relief to be rid of her and relax.   btw; her profile pics were doctored and didnt look a whole lot like her in person.

get this, before we met i asked her if we will meet as friends or for money as in freelancer, which i dont want. friends was answer.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

My advice is NEVER go out with less than 5k in your wallet, asking for trouble. She probably just didn't like you and made an excuse to leave, sorry it happens Romeo.

Had him down as a cheap charlie and dumped him. can't blame her.

32 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

My advice is NEVER go out with less than 5k in your wallet, asking for trouble. She probably just didn't like you and made an excuse to leave, sorry it happens Romeo.

she sent me a nice message on line the following night.  she brought up sharing the bill as it was her idea and prior to that i never even hinted at that.

ps; had also prided herself in having her own business and able to support herself.

when she was at mrt it was me that sent a message telling her i am tired and will go home and sleep. prior to that she had wanted to swim at my condo pool.

not that i am romeo or not but seemed her operating procedure is to boast about her success in business then cut out when her bark is bigger than her bite.

with lots of beer on board she was beligerent to pub waitresses also. staff were giving me sympathetic facial gestures

she hails from the biggest freelance website tf

What happened with the bill payment?

Don't know how long you've done the date sites but it's usually more spruce than goose. Fake profiles fake photos etc.  

"Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies"  . Overall 1000 baht, food, drinks, company.... you could have done a lot worse . Just keep honing your filtering skills till you get what you really want. Looks like she's got her game down to a science. Read you like a book....

39 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

i dont subscribe to 5000 baht in my pocket and although i dont rank women based on monetary value if i did very few in los would merit 5k in my pocket for a date. and those that would from prior dating experience were not scammers or opportunists.

5 minutes ago, petemoss said:
16 minutes ago, atyclb said:

The vast majority of girls on TF are hookers. Not surprised that she bailed out if you only had 200 baht in your wallet. She would have expected 2k baht at least in the morning.

our chat at first pub was about me getting messages from freelancers asking money and she made it clear she is not selling sex. 

like i said, had some beer and nice food

8 minutes ago, Seth1a2a said:

What happened with the bill payment?

Don't know how long you've done the date sites but it's usually more spruce than goose. Fake profiles fake photos etc.  

"Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies"  . Overall 1000 baht, food, drinks, company.... you could have done a lot worse . Just keep honing your filtering skills till you get what you really want. Looks like she's got her game down to a science. Read you like a book....

messaging me the following night to get together???  she just needs someone to pay the tab.

in her mind sending a non credible atm photo is the pinnacle of genius

"Just keep honing your filtering skills till you get what you really want."

it ain't a thai girl

4 minutes ago, atyclb said:

our chat at first pub was about me getting messages from freelancers asking money and she made it clear she is not selling sex. 

like i said, had some beer and nice food

Bait and switch. You would have got a much bigger bill in the morning.

2 minutes ago, SteveK said:

So you took a non-hooker Thai girl out for food and drinks, and didn't even get a short-time? Definitely sounds like a scam to me.

my issue was not about sleeping with her or not.  lots of non hooker gals sleep with you on first date and dont expect money, just love

7 hours ago, SteveK said:

So you took a non-hooker Thai girl out for food and drinks, and didn't even get a short-time? Definitely sounds like a scam to me.

He,s already stated he wasn,t looking for sex.....it,s the lurve he,s seeking.....but on a budget :whistling:

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

A reasonable amount if a person has it.

47 minutes ago, petemoss said:

Had him down as a cheap charlie and dumped him. can't blame her.

The OP made out fine as all he did was enjoy some beers, food and the company of a lady he chose to spend the evening with.

It'd be on the silly side to expect he'd have the chance to hop in bed with her if she  already denied being a  free lancer.

36 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

What a ridiculous situation you created due to lack of planning.

Not a scam at all.

By the way, how did you finally pay the bill??

how is it lack of planning?

i simply walked to 1st floor atm that she allegedly tried to use but was out of service. i must be special since it worked fine for me.

1562495147976.jpg

I think the problem with some guys is that they somehow think a relationship with a (beautiful, educated, young sexy, take your pick) girl will be free. It's not.

But enough girls know the different types of guys. Some guys say I want this and that and let me know how much it costs. Fine. And other guys speak about butterflies and marrying and having kids and living happily ever after. The smart girls know how to handle both types of guys. Both pay, it's only a question of when and how much.

41 minutes ago, atyclb said:

it ain't a thai girl

I honed in on the "date scam" issue because of a similar situation with a girl I met from the Badoo website. Claimed she was working at Big C always stories about management, taking off sick days, store promotions etc.... Turns out she finally admitted she was a Thermae freelancer but wanted the BFE (boy friend experience). The big C job was over before we met......Usually went out dancing, eating and drinking a few times a week . Pretty girl with a clever ruse who was nice to hang out with. The lies were not diabolical . It was just a way of saving face. One day I showed up and she "borrowed" 200 baht to pay a local restaurant bill.....

20 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

running out of cash for starters.

how old are you anyway?

i had enough that i was willing to spend.

i guess i am not yet at the age where i need beg, suck up to, and be grateful to have the opportunity.

can take it or leave it. optional.

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think the problem with some guys is that they somehow think a relationship with a (beautiful, educated, young sexy, take your pick) girl will be free. It's not.

But enough girls know the different types of guys. Some guys say I want this and that and let me know how much it costs. Fine. And other guys speak about butterflies and marrying and having kids and living happily ever after. The smart girls know how to handle both types of guys. Both pay, it's only a question of when and how much.

no lack of upscale, self sufficient, educated gals driving home every night lonely in need of companionship that is non remunerated.

5 minutes ago, atyclb said:

no lack of upscale, self sufficient, educated gals driving home every night lonely in need of companionship that is non remunerated.

A bit contradictory. If they are beautiful as well, permit me to doubt they will be lonely.

I've only used an online site once, in Australia. The phone call to set up a meeting quickly established she was a mother with two dependent children looking for an ATM.

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

she sent me a nice message on line the following night.  she brought up sharing the bill as it was her idea and prior to that i never even hinted at that.

ps; had also prided herself in having her own business and able to support herself.

when she was at mrt it was me that sent a message telling her i am tired and will go home and sleep. prior to that she had wanted to swim at my condo pool.

not that i am romeo or not but seemed her operating procedure is to boast about her success in business then cut out when her bark is bigger than her bite.

with lots of beer on board she was beligerent to pub waitresses also. staff were giving me sympathetic facial gestures

ata boy.... still with high spirits 555

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

a very far cry from beautiful

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

57 minutes ago, Lacessit said:
1 hour ago, atyclb said:

A bit contradictory. If they are beautiful as well, permit me to doubt they will be lonely.

I've only used an online site once, in Australia. The phone call to set up a meeting quickly established she was a mother with two dependent children looking for an ATM.

agree there are those also. let me add age mid 30's to 40.   better the ones that cant speak english

Just now, Mavideol said:
3 minutes ago, atyclb said:

a very far cry from beautiful

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

beauty is only skin deep but ugliness cuts down to the bone

15 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Which Thai girl in their right mind wants to go out with a cheap-charlie?

That is a whole misunderstanding of the game.

"Which Thai girl in their right mind wants to go out with a cheap-charlie?"

apparently not the ones you know

not accustomed to simply paying and paying a bottomless nite out tab

seems to me only a fool would do that

Archived