Is this a new "date scam" ?

atyclb

9 hours ago, Mavideol said:

where, where please, please, where?

Are you blind? 

I bump in to many, daily. If I wasn't married to the best one, and I was looking, I could have a field day. And, I'm not Buck Studdly. Get out there and friendly up!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, atyclb said:

i am still waiting for a reply from razz wondering if the 2000 baht i spent meets the baht threshold for "quite a catch"  vs . "cheap charlie"

Most of my homies don't go out for a night on the town with less than 10,000 baht in pocket, Charles.

15 hours ago, Seth1a2a said:

I honed in on the "date scam" issue because of a similar situation with a girl I met from the Badoo website. Claimed she was working at Big C always stories about management, taking off sick days, store promotions etc.... Turns out she finally admitted she was a Thermae freelancer but wanted the BFE (boy friend experience). The big C job was over before we met......Usually went out dancing, eating and drinking a few times a week . Pretty girl with a clever ruse who was nice to hang out with. The lies were not diabolical . It was just a way of saving face. One day I showed up and she "borrowed" 200 baht to pay a local restaurant bill.....

So, she was just a ho' after all.

15 hours ago, atyclb said:

no lack of upscale, self sufficient, educated gals driving home every night lonely in need of companionship that is non remunerated.

And most eventually want help with the car note on their pokey little 2-door.

...or the rent.

7 hours ago, RoadWarrior371 said:
11 hours ago, atyclb said:

i am still waiting for a reply from razz wondering if the 2000 baht i spent meets the baht threshold for "quite a catch"  vs . "cheap charlie"

Most of my homies don't go out for a night on the town with less than 10,000 baht in pocket, Charles.

very interesting. maybe they eat at tourist area restaurants and go to tourist area clubs and perhaps succumb to multiple drink requests by gals that dont even say hello first, just say "buy me drink" ?

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

And most eventually want help with the car note on their pokey little 2-door.

...or the rent.

i can envision that though have been lucky. have chipped in for petrol for one gal that used to drive in to visit me. the others were ok also. i realize theres gals that know they can get subsidies from farangs and thai's for that matter.  at my 99% thai upscale condo used to see what i thought was a dedicated father visiting his daughter til security filled me in about not being his daughter lol. i assume her condo and car was part of the deal

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:
18 hours ago, Seth1a2a said:

I honed in on the "date scam" issue because of a similar situation with a girl I met from the Badoo website. Claimed she was working at Big C always stories about management, taking off sick days, store promotions etc.... Turns out she finally admitted she was a Thermae freelancer but wanted the BFE (boy friend experience). The big C job was over before we met......Usually went out dancing, eating and drinking a few times a week . Pretty girl with a clever ruse who was nice to hang out with. The lies were not diabolical . It was just a way of saving face. One day I showed up and she "borrowed" 200 baht to pay a local restaurant bill.....

So, she was just a ho' after all.

i suspect an alcohol problem from what she told me. its not normal to drink 3 litres of beer in a night especially for a small girl. maybe due to alcohol problem she has a cash problem and also the need to talk like she is important?

14 hours ago, neeray said:

This is a refreshing post. Not a date drama from a NEWBY with a couple posts but rather a 12 year veteran with four and a half thousand posts.

Must be real. Can't be a troll.

8,215 posts and counting 555

9 hours ago, RoadWarrior371 said:
13 hours ago, atyclb said:

even living in honolulu i never went for a night out needing 300 usd in my pocket.

does going out for a night on the town in thailand with 10,000 baht infer some sort of status?

is your name "charles" or is that an inference to "charlie"?  "cheap charlie" seems to be a term seen and used a lot among the se asian bar girl-client industry and kind of tacky but well known.

32 minutes ago, atyclb said:

even living in honolulu i never went for a night out needing 300 usd in my pocket.

When I lived in Dallas, if I only had $100 to spare, it was going to be a very quiet weekend.

...at home.

33 minutes ago, atyclb said:

does going out for a night on the town in thailand with 10,000 baht infer some sort of status?

No, neither does it indicate status in Honolulu or Dallas. But it sure helps when one is presented with all the possibilities and even some of the improbabilities that a good or surprise date may offer up. I went for a quiet drink at a jazz pub in Houston one evening and by 4 PM the next day, I was lazing on the beach in Roatan with a Florida heiress with natural tits.

37 minutes ago, atyclb said:

is your name "charles" or is that an inference to "charlie"?  "cheap charlie" seems to be a term seen and used a lot among the se asian bar girl-client industry and kind of tacky but well known.

Stop this nonsense. It's as clear as mud that you've been there, done that.

13 hours ago, atyclb said:

so in your opinion it is perfectly normal for a date to say wait i will go to an atm and come back then send a bogus photo with a bogus excuse

Perfectly normal for a woman who is happy to be considered as a hooker until she answers your question in the negative. The same type of woman who is not offended by such questions.

You ddidn't seem to make the correlation when I replied to you last time. Any woman who is not offended to be spoken about or to in the same sentence as a pay for play girl may not have your best interests at heart. At least you picked on with initiative. That girl could go places with a con job of that style. Wait till she tells her other freelancing friends. This will be the next big thing in the P4P arena.

29 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I went for a quiet drink at a jazz pub in Houston one evening and by 4 PM the next day, I was lazing on the beach in Roatan with a Florida heiress with natural tits.

please dont stop, you got my attention.

was that because you had 300 bucks bulge in your pocket? or was it a different bulge?

borat great success.gif

17 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Perfectly normal for a woman who is happy to be considered as a hooker until she answers your question in the negative. The same type of woman who is not offended by such questions.

You ddidn't seem to make the correlation when I replied to you last time. Any woman who is not offended to be spoken about or to in the same sentence as a pay for play girl may not have your best interests at heart. At least you picked on with initiative. That girl could go places with a con job of that style. Wait till she tells her other freelancing friends. This will be the next big thing in the P4P arena.

hehe she is probably franchising it

19 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:
14 hours ago, atyclb said:

so in your opinion it is perfectly normal for a date to say wait i will go to an atm and come back then send a bogus photo with a bogus excuse

You ddidn't seem to make the correlation when I replied to you last time. Any woman who is not offended to be spoken about or to in the same sentence as a pay for play girl may not have your best interests at heart. At least you picked on with initiative. That girl could go places with a con job of that style. Wait till she tells her other freelancing friends. This will be the next big thing in the P4P arena

honestly dealing with many thai gals mentality is an enigma where reason and logic do not apply.

22 hours ago, atyclb said:

she sent me a nice message on line the following night.  she brought up sharing the bill as it was her idea and prior to that i never even hinted at that.

ps; had also prided herself in having her own business and able to support herself.

when she was at mrt it was me that sent a message telling her i am tired and will go home and sleep. prior to that she had wanted to swim at my condo pool.

not that i am romeo or not but seemed her operating procedure is to boast about her success in business then cut out when her bark is bigger than her bite.

with lots of beer on board she was beligerent to pub waitresses also. staff were giving me sympathetic facial gestures

she hails from the biggest freelance website tf

Yea dated many, many TF and that sites been good to me. When I say 5k I actually always take 10k in cash when i go out and keep cards at home or hotel. Nothing worse than getting a bill and no money for the honey.

Ok so she didn't leave coz you were not 'handsom man' she got sick in the toilet and legged it. No big deal and plenty more fish in dat sea.  PS they are all freelancers in different guises.

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

It's nothing about status but about brains. Take as much as you may need, many nights I have spent close to 10,000 (ladies drinks, BF, 2000 for 'gas') I know you said 'no freelancer' but Thais are very flexible and a date can turn into a 'transaction' at any moment. If you think $300 is a lot then maybe you don't have enough?

17 minutes ago, atyclb said:

honestly dealing with many thai gals mentality is an enigma where reason and logic do not apply.

I'm a broken record. But if that is what you are finding, look for a better quality of woman. As i say to most people who end up telling me their teerak is giving them grief: would you go to the local red light area of your home town and pick up a woman of dubious morals and take her home for the night - or to live and expect her to act with your best interests at heart?

I have a great friend who I dated for a while when I first came here. We still catch up for a beer and a bite to eat occasionally. Anyway, she works at Thong Lor in a well paying, demanding job. As it was my turn to suggest a place for our once in a while beer and food catch up, I suggested the new craft beer place half way down Suk soi 23. She wouldn't be caught under any circumstances in that soi after sundown. We ended up at A Mexican joint instead.

My girl is a health professional and has a bunch of single female friends who are just waiting for a guy of any nationality to leave the ego at the door and treat them as the intelligent, cute, caring, hard working and sexy women they are. They are a bit over the Thai guy which I also find is a bit of a stereotype, and they realise that. They just want to try a different style of guy.

I just do not buy the let’s be friends line. My opinion is that most Thai women are not really interested in male foreign “friends”, without a financial incentive. So, that may have been your first mistake. Your second mistake was to believe her nonsense. Most lie. Sorry. It is kind of a cultural thing here. Lying is just not considered dishonorable. Period. 

Her behavior validates my theory. 

58 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:
1 hour ago, atyclb said:

I'm a broken record. But if that is what you are finding, look for a better quality of woman. As i say to most people who end up telling me their teerak is giving them grief: would you go to the local red light area of your home town and pick up a woman of dubious morals and take her home for the night - or to live and expect her to act with your best interests at heart?

I have a great friend who I dated for a while when I first came here. We still catch up for a beer and a bite to eat occasionally. Anyway, she works at Thong Lor in a well paying, demanding job. As it was my turn to suggest a place for our once in a while beer and food catch up, I suggested the new craft beer place half way down Suk soi 23. She wouldn't be caught under any circumstances in that soi after sundown. We ended up at A Mexican joint instead.

My girl is a health professional and has a bunch of single female friends who are just waiting for a guy of any nationality to leave the ego at the door and treat them as the intelligent, cute, caring, hard working and sexy women they are. They are a bit over the Thai guy which I also find is a bit of a stereotype, and they realise that. They just want to try a different style of guy.

i have a different experience with a registered nurse. she literally requested to visit a gogo bar in patpong no less and we went and she found it quite entertaining. she also had a car and a house and i was NOT an atm.  been to upscale clubs with upscale thai friends and they were joking using thai language sexual innuendos that i know as well and nobody was uptight. not at a girly bar either but at a mainstream huge pub with a band. seems many farangs are too uptight and focused on what they think is proper but once you speak the language you can see the complete picture.

the thai equivalent of tourist oriented beer bars and gogo bars is abundant and part of mainstream culture. here is just one example of a place in bkk called . "the pimp club"

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 16.20.09.png

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I just do not buy the let’s be friends line. My opinion is that most Thai women are not really interested in male foreign “friends”, without a financial incentive. So, that may have been your first mistake. Your second mistake was to believe her nonsense. Most lie. Sorry. It is kind of a cultural thing here. Lying is just not considered dishonorable. Period. 

Her behavior validates my theory. 

lots of insight and wisdom in those words, grasshopper.   and certainly in the female segment actively making itself available to farangs. 

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:
On 7/7/2019 at 4:12 PM, atyclb said:

she sent me a nice message on line the following night.  she brought up sharing the bill as it was her idea and prior to that i never even hinted at that.

ps; had also prided herself in having her own business and able to support herself.

when she was at mrt it was me that sent a message telling her i am tired and will go home and sleep. prior to that she had wanted to swim at my condo pool.

not that i am romeo or not but seemed her operating procedure is to boast about her success in business then cut out when her bark is bigger than her bite.

with lots of beer on board she was beligerent to pub waitresses also. staff were giving me sympathetic facial gestures

she hails from the biggest freelance website tf

Yea dated many, many TF and that sites been good to me. When I say 5k I actually always take 10k in cash when i go out and keep cards at home or hotel. Nothing worse than getting a bill and no money for the honey.

Ok so she didn't leave coz you were not 'handsom man' she got sick in the toilet and legged it. No big deal and plenty more fish in dat sea.  PS they are all freelancers in different guises.

guess it all depends on individual perspective and perceived value. 10,000 baht in the pocket in fear of no money for the honey can pay a r/t ticket to sri lanka or bali where after a day of surfing theres no lack of hot euro and japanese women to mingle with if not too tired from the sport.

22 hours ago, atyclb said:

"Which Thai girl in their right mind wants to go out with a cheap-charlie?"

apparently not the ones you know

not accustomed to simply paying and paying a bottomless nite out tab

seems to me only a fool would do that

Seriously?

Who goes out on a date for dinner with only 500 baht?

Apparently not the ones you meet either, since she ditched you like a bad habit.

19 hours ago, bwpage3 said:
On 7/7/2019 at 7:02 PM, atyclb said:

"Which Thai girl in their right mind wants to go out with a cheap-charlie?"

apparently not the ones you know

not accustomed to simply paying and paying a bottomless nite out tab

seems to me only a fool would do that

Seriously?

Who goes out on a date for dinner with only 500 baht?

Apparently not the ones you meet either, since she ditched you like a bad habit.

if you read the thread you will see 500 baht is what i had left after the tab at first pub.

reading comprehension 101 is your best friend

Archived