Is this a new "date scam" ?

atyclb

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

Why do guys mess with dating sites? What can you expect when you go shopping online !?! 

There are countless, eligible, nice ladies out there ... They're everywhere!

where, where please, please, where?

3 hours ago, petemoss said:

Had him down as a cheap charlie and dumped him. can't blame her.

any of you guys ever feel your time is important, and your companionship has value also. maybe some self esteem in your life?

15 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

Why do guys mess with dating sites? What can you expect when you go shopping online !?! 

There are countless, eligible, nice ladies out there ... They're everywhere!

have known some from dating sites and they were normal, well employed, etc etc. had one executive with a construction company that picked me up in a nice car that i ended up driving home cause she had an alcohol problem. she often paid the tab going out, sometimes i did also.

she was nice looking and sexy.

maybe success with women has something to do with the below

14 minutes ago, atyclb said:

have known some from dating sites and they were normal, well employed, etc etc. had one executive with a construction company that picked me up in a nice car that i ended up driving home cause she had an alcohol problem. she often paid the tab going out, sometimes i did also.

But she was on a dating site and obviously you didn't stay with her.

If she would be such a catch why is she single?

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:
21 minutes ago, atyclb said:

But she was on a dating site and obviously you didn't stay with her.

If she would be such a catch why is she single?

i believe in conservation, hence . catch and release

3 hours ago, atyclb said:

our chat at first pub was about me getting messages from freelancers asking money.

Not what you'd call a classy conversation starter. I'm not suprised she treated you like a John. You seemed very well versed in the pay for play game, so she probably thought you were a sexpat and bailed on you.

8 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:
3 hours ago, atyclb said:

our chat at first pub was about me getting messages from freelancers asking money.

Not what you'd call a classy conversation starter. I'm not suprised she treated you like a John. You seemed very well versed in the pay for play game, so she probably thought you were a sexpat and bailed on you.

when she texted me asking to meet i asked her "friends or money" later i clarified the meaning of that and she completely understood and she even said 90% farangs come to thailand for hookers. as i wanted to make it clear i did not want a date with a freelancer that would suggest something contrary to "sexpat" would it not?

4 hours ago, atyclb said:

met an online dating site gal. we went to a pub, she spoke english, told me she has a uni degree as well as her mom who is a gov official. she seemed considerate and even told me from the outset that we will share the bill so dont worry.  went from first pub to second pub where she ordered more beer and food. prior to second pub i did inform her i just had 500 baht left and again she said dont worry we share bill.... though i covered first pub 100% no problem.

1175432014_bored3.jpg.3e9a1a398e226376db125ea75a7c6864.jpg

8 minutes ago, atyclb said:

when she texted me asking to meet i asked her "friends or money" later i clarified the meaning of that and she completely understood and she even said 90% farangs come to thailand for hookers. as i wanted to make it clear i did not want a date with a freelancer that would suggest something contrary to "sexpat" would it not?

And as I said... Not classy, at least in my eyes. When I was dating a lot I would have had my face slapped if I even suggested such a thing during a date. I wouldn't have even got a date if I suggested that in a message.

But whatever floats your boat.

22 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:
32 minutes ago, atyclb said:

And as I said... Not classy, at least in my eyes. When I was dating a lot I would have had my face slapped if I even suggested such a thing during a date. I wouldn't have even got a date if I suggested that in a message.

But whatever floats your boat.

she was not confused as to why i asked "friends or money" thai gals are aware of the huge freelance industry that is largest amongst the thai's themselves. she completely understood me asking that.  i have been on dates before that ended when they informed me of the going rate. better to clarify it before meeting as to avoid the situation.

meeting was convenient for her because in the rain getting a taxi to her home from where she was prior to our meeting was a nightmare and a quick ride in the mrt was lot more convenient.

8 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

So how much did you spend on this date night?

You were down to 500 baht in your pocket?

A "massive" £12, $16 or €14. Wow. You sound a real catch ????

RAZZ

all together 2 pubs, food drinks (thai neighborhood) about 2000 baht.

what is the baht threshold for being considered a "real catch" ?

This is a refreshing post. Not a date drama from a NEWBY with a couple posts but rather a 12 year veteran with four and a half thousand posts.

Must be real. Can't be a troll.

16 minutes ago, neeray said:

This is a refreshing post. Not a date drama from a NEWBY with a couple posts but rather a 12 year veteran with four and a half thousand posts.

bravo

Yup, just someone wanting to know if the “ atm is broken “ ploy is a new tactic or a common escape method.

Sounds to me like she had a few beers, something to eat and a couple of hours attention.

Not wanting to climb out the restroom window she came up with the atm ploy !!

When the op told her he was tired and going to bed it was an easy escape for her ( no loss of face ).

Expect her to suggest another “ date “ soon !!

39 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:
2 hours ago, neeray said:

Yup, just someone wanting to know if the “ atm is broken “ ploy is a new tactic or a common escape method.

Sounds to me like she had a few beers, something to eat and a couple of hours attention.

Not wanting to climb out the restroom window she came up with the atm ploy !!

When the op told her he was tired and going to bed it was an easy escape for her ( no loss of face ).

Expect her to suggest another “ date “ soon !!

actually she was hanging around the mrt  and i could have reunited with her for whatever but i was tired after all the beer and food and the atm ploy. maybe she wanted to come off as being upscale and progressive by the unsolicited "dont worry we will share the bill" talk which she initiated at both pubs.

she didn't need to say that, i would have covered the first pub as i did. im thinking perhaps a ploy to keep me spending at another place. there's nothing wrong playing it by ear and nobody is forced to simply keep on paying pursuant to the wishes of a date. i have a free will also. with some of these girls you cant tell where the truth ends and the lies begin, often inseparable, not to mention sense of entitlement thinking every farang is so desperate and will do anything just to be with a thai girl.

yes she messaged me in a provocative way the next night. 

i recall several years ago another gal invited me out and we ended up at a place where they do temporary tattoos. her story was she couldn't get to an atm therefore asked me to cover a couple thousand baht for extensive art.  thing is she took the bts and mrt to the location we met and i asked her if mrt/bts stations no longer have atm's.  just told her i am tired and called it a night

Seems you got exactly what you asked for.

6 minutes ago, emptypockets said:
6 hours ago, atyclb said:

i had enough that i was willing to spend.

i guess i am not yet at the age where i need beg, suck up to, and be grateful to have the opportunity.

can take it or leave it. optional.

As, apparently, so is she.

tissues please to wipe my tears

6 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Seems you got exactly what you asked for.

so in your opinion it is perfectly normal for a date to say wait i will go to an atm and come back then send a bogus photo with a bogus excuse

Archived