Is this a new "date scam" ?

atyclb

19 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Seriously?

Who goes out on a date for dinner with only 500 baht?

Apparently not the ones you meet either, since she ditched you like a bad habit.

assuming your fiscal analysis were correct, which it isn't

in retrospect i would agree 500 baht is inappropriate. i'd say the girl is more worthy of a 40 baht queytiaw noodle bowl and a 35 baht beer from 7 eleven

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, BobBKK said:
23 hours ago, atyclb said:

even living in honolulu i never went for a night out needing 300 usd in my pocket.

does going out for a night on the town in thailand with 10,000 baht infer some sort of status?

is your name "charles" or is that an inference to "charlie"?  "cheap charlie" seems to be a term seen and used a lot among the se asian bar girl-client industry and kind of tacky but well known.

It's nothing about status but about brains. Take as much as you may need, many nights I have spent close to 10,000 (ladies drinks, BF, 2000 for 'gas') I know you said 'no freelancer' but Thais are very flexible and a date can turn into a 'transaction' at any moment. If you think $300 is a lot then maybe you don't have enough?

i am not interested in a date that becomes a transaction, if i were i'd not waste time, effort and money being self deluded, would simply find a "transaction girl"  

everyones priorities are different, many think its absurd to spend 3000 usd for an espresso machine.

On 7/8/2019 at 3:24 PM, NanLaew said:
On 7/8/2019 at 2:57 PM, atyclb said:

please dont stop, you got my attention.

was that because you had 300 bucks bulge in your pocket? or was it a different bulge?

borat great success.gif

It certainly wasn't love.

love of money, thai style

On 7/8/2019 at 6:28 PM, hellohello123 said:
On 7/7/2019 at 9:31 PM, atyclb said:

all together 2 pubs, food drinks (thai neighborhood) about 2000 baht.

what is the baht threshold for being considered a "real catch" ?

some men think (and have no choice ) to splash money as their biggest asset

you and i may be the amongst the loneliest of forum members.

On 7/9/2019 at 1:21 PM, atyclb said:

i am not interested in a date that becomes a transaction, if i were i'd not waste time, effort and money being self deluded, would simply find a "transaction girl"  

everyones priorities are different, many think its absurd to spend 3000 usd for an espresso machine.

Fair enough but I have been on loads of 'dates' that have morphed into an 'exchange' (many after a deed was 'done' - i..e can you help me?). This is Thailand where money is number one you can't use the norms of farangland here.

25 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Fair enough but I have been on loads of 'dates' that have morphed into an 'exchange' (many after a deed was 'done' - i..e can you help me?). This is Thailand where money is number one you can't use the norms of farangland here.

If you are comfortable knowing there is often the agenda of getting compensated for going out with you then no problem. in my experience there is a % of females that avail themselves to foreigners that are basically looking for a transaction and it gets boring.

7 minutes ago, atyclb said:

If you are comfortable knowing there is often the agenda of getting compensated for going out with you then no problem. in my experience there is a % of females that avail themselves to foreigners that are basically looking for a transaction and it gets boring.

If you find sex boring, you're doing it wrong.

All sex (with women) is ultimately transactional.

You might occasionally get a free one, but that's just her 'chumming' the waters.

Just now, atyclb said:

The lines are not defined and are 'blurred' here. I 'help' girls (gas/taxi etc.) as they need the money and if it all goes pear shaped I can say 'but I helped you'. I have 'helped' just about all classes from the obvious bar girls, dating site girls and shop assistants up to teachers and other 'good' girls. I used to be surprised but now I just accept it. In fact I have come to like it as it makes it easier and I don't get the Thai dramas of 'you broke my heart and I'm going to sit outside your condo all day crying' BS. But then I'm cynical and like staying alone (with the occasional 'date'). Good luck and have fun.

Coffee is available in many nice Thai social environments for around $2 (I rarely pay more than 35bht).

Spending $3000 on a machine for your home is madness.

(It would need to last at least 1500 cups before breaking, even if the coffee was free)

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Coffee is available in many nice Thai social environments for around $2 (I rarely pay more than 35bht).

(It would need to last at least 1500 cups before breaking, even if the coffee was free)

well it was the culmination of many chapters of upgrade-itis. one year worth of coffee drinks at starbucks more than pays the cost of the machine plus i have ultimate control over coffee. i also roast my own beans. i have friends that have spent double that for home machines. actually we have what is closer to small commercial machines

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I drank espresso from Ethiopia this morning naked in the toilet.  Nothing else would do.  I have refined taste buds.  Your madness may be my necessity.  Thank whoever you are not god.  

26 minutes ago, BritManToo said:
31 minutes ago, atyclb said:

If you find sex boring, you're doing it wrong.

All sex (with women) is ultimately transactional.

You might occasionally get a free one, but that's just her 'chumming' the waters.

the mentality gets old and it is that that is boring

i guess other statements are based upon your own experiences but do not necessarily hold true across the board but probably true for a high % of expat population.

yes i have encountered the teacher style also in need of money and that is not interesting either. a turn off

a high % of gals that avail themselves to foreigners are indeed in the money game

speaking thai broadens the horizon

22 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:
43 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I drank espresso from Ethiopia this morning naked in the toilet.  Nothing else would do.  I have refined taste buds.  Your madness may be my necessity.  Thank whoever you are not god.  

"naked in the toilet"

too many details

i have roasted many different ethiopia beans.  sidamo, harrar, yirgaffe

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

heres some dating advice

On 7/7/2019 at 3:49 PM, BobBKK said:

My advice is NEVER go out with less than 5k in your wallet, asking for trouble. She probably just didn't like you and made an excuse to leave, sorry it happens Romeo.

next time: Mcdonalds ... one set meal each ????

21 minutes ago, justin case said:

My advice is NEVER go out with less than 5k in your wallet, asking for trouble. She probably just didn't like you and made an excuse to leave, sorry it happens Romeo.

next time: Mcdonalds ... one set meal each ????

burger king is much better

49 minutes ago, atyclb said:

i guess other statements are based upon your own experiences but do not necessarily hold true across the board but probably true for a high % of expat population.

I was talking about women everywhere in the world.

Married men in the west often ask, "Why doesn't my wife have sex with me anymore"

The answer is always, "Because you've already given her everything you own".

I usually only take 1,000bht ($30) out with me of an evening.

How many 50c beers could I drink?

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:
7 hours ago, atyclb said:

I was talking about women everywhere in the world.

Married men in the west often ask, "Why doesn't my wife have sex with me anymore"

The answer is always, "Because you've already given her everything you own".

yes its a joke based on a stereotype that is no doubt true in some cases.

Archived