New shopping center etc ??

thaitero

Urban planning madness. Just what Pattaya needs, yet one more empty and useless mall cluttering up the place and making the traffic congestion even worse than it is now. Just another money laundering scheme for someone.  Another good reason for avoiding the City as much as possible.  

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Actually, a major mall in JOMTIEN is needed. Much of the congestion going back and forth Jomtien - Pattaya is to and from the Pattaya MALLS!

The new mall is supposedly going to be in the southern district of Pattaya.  But that doesn't really narrow it down much.

Edited by shdmn

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Actually, a major mall in JOMTIEN is needed. Much of the congestion going back and forth Jomtien - Pattaya is to and from the Pattaya MALLS!

It isn't at that point of the cycle yet. They have to dig up the front and turn it into a chaotic mess and tangle of too many condos first. Actually I thought that was the idea in the Rhompo area. 

There was talk a while back of something being built on the levelled ground by Maprachan lake to the side of the new bypass road, just where the flower garden center has opened

Anybody know if this had any substance to it?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

On 7/8/2019 at 2:07 AM, newnative said:

The last time we ate at Kiss in Jomtien my Thai partner talked to one of the waitresses and she said that Kiss will have to move at some point as it is part of the land that was sold. We originally thought it was only the bars and possibly the market that would be torn down but it looks like everything in that area will be cleared, leaving a fairly large tract for some sort of shopping center or other development there.  Anybody heard what will be built there?  

My barber told me the same earlier in the year.

• Like 1

Flame and a reply removed please also see the following before you respond to more flames:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.