Hun Sen wants joint drills with Thai and Vietnam

geovalin

Prime Minister Hun Sen on Thursday told Cambodians living in Switzerland that he wants to request Thai and Vietnamese sides to conduct joint drills along the border.

In his remark, the premier said the purpose of the joint drills is aimed at create a strong cooperation among authorities at the border in order to address unexpected incidents and to save lives of people who may be affected by natural disasters.

“I want to ask Thai and Vietnamese authorities to host joint drills. Why am I thinking of this? The main goal is to address disasters along the border,” he said. “For an example, there was flood earlier in Mondol Kiri province and I sought intervention from Vietnam because at that time we could not evacuate people from the flooded lake. The lake is close to Vietnam. So I need their help since we could not leave our people in danger.”

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50621458/hun-sen-wants-joint-drills-with-thai-and-vietnam/

Yes I bet he does - Should keep looking over his shoulder as he is not safe anywhere outside his country. Being a Despot means living dangerously, but why should the people of Cambodia have to do the same. His colleague died of old age in Bangkok (POL POT) but nothing suggests that will happen to you.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, generealty said:

Yes I bet he does - Should keep looking over his shoulder as he is not safe anywhere outside his country. Being a Despot means living dangerously, but why should the people of Cambodia have to do the same. His colleague died of old age in Bangkok (POL POT) but nothing suggests that will happen to you.

Died 15 April 1998 (aged 72)
Anlong Veng, Oddar Meanchey, Cambodia
  • Thanks 1