Najomtien beach fouled again by sewage

Rimmer

Sand bags to block sewage?  I am a mechanical engineer so this is laughable, but I'm pretty sure that since I was about 7 and playing on my sidewalk making small little sand and stick dams to try and stop the little trickles of water flowing down form the neighbor's yard that was being watered, I knew that some piles of sand is not going to solve the problem!

• Like 1

Maybe they could take a leaf out of Pattaya's book.  Police chief says no hookers, hookers found, police chief moved on.  I know dreaming, but one day they will make the link between responsibility, accountability and job performance.

Cheers

I was living near that sump when it was put in. for several weeks a digger continued to sink it deeper and deeper into the ground. the shared storm water and septic overflow discharges the same amount of black water regardless of the rainfall. it is just the amount of rainfall that makes the problem more or less visible. problem is not going away. I just came back from bali and was very impressed with how they deal with their sewage there. every beach I went too seemed clean and no hint of black water smell.

• Like 1

So they block the end of the pipe. But the sewerage is still flowing into the pipe from where ever. Water takes the path of least resistance. Did it ever occur to them, that if it is blocked, the sewerage is going to back up and out the pipe at some other point? Thai "engineers"?

So they block the end of the pipe. But the sewerage is still flowing into the pipe from where ever. Water takes the path of least resistance. Did it ever occur to them, that if it is blocked, the sewerage is going to back up and out the pipe at some other point? Thai "engineers"?
A 12 year old child could work it out, however there is still some ways to go here...........

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

On 7/9/2019 at 4:13 PM, Kim J said:

Not surprisingly the beach looks rather empty. Just as you would expect in "South East Asia's Premier Family Resort".

I trust all of those eating their seafood meals in the nearby restaurants are enjoying the accompanying aroma.

What does the seafood eat before it is captured & served up on a plate?