Marijuana cannot cure disease, Prayut warns

snoop1130

By The Nation

800_1213025496f2e9d.jpg

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday cautioned patients against being totally dependent on marijuana-based medicines, saying this practice may lead to their ailments worsening further.

He cited several Public Health Ministry reports as the cause of his concern, saying that diseases cannot be effectively cured without modern medicine. He also warned that using marijuana without prescription from a doctor could potentially lead to critical complications. 

Prayut said that issuing legislation to control the use of marijuana will take time and that the authorities are currently unable to control the use of potions extracted from leaves of the plant. He also said that extracts from flowers of the marijuana plant will also have to undergo proper tests and registered as legal potions in the long run.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30372662

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand  2019-07-09

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Prayut said that issuing legislation to control the use of marijuana will take time and that the authorities are currently unable to control the use of potions extracted from leaves of the plant. He also said that extracts from flowers of the marijuana plant will also have to undergo proper tests and registered as legal potions in the long run.

'Will also'? Does that mean that marijuana-based medicines are not 'properly tested' at the present time?

43 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Prayut said that issuing legislation to control the use of marijuana will take time 

As any stone head will agree .. 

46 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

and that the authorities are currently unable to control the use of potions

Black market or should that be the green market .. 

I suppose if someone were involved with farming , Marketing, selling, the agribusiness component he could afford them profitable job. More than likely it would result in revenues for the agenciesInvolved  with those aspects.

Some may venture to say that poverty is a disease.

I am from a place in the states where it is legal to grow your own, or buy it at a cannabis store. They’re all kinds of concoction is made with it candies cookies syrups pills oil‘s tinctures. All of these products contain  various  amounts of the psychoactive component t.h.c.   Some of the strains are of Indica and some are sativa.  They both have very different affects.   Some are very beneficial for pain type conditions like arthritis and muscular pain joint pain etc.

Some are more for other effects such as relaxation better sleep, stimulation of appetite, anxiety ptsd.

There are many other compounds called Terpines That also have Different qualities. Kind of like aromatherapy. Depending on what kind terpines are involved.

I grew up in Southwest Oregon and it used to be a big-time black market type industry. Now it has become very much along the same line as micro breweries and small vineyards.   In agribusiness it’s far more profitable to take an acre of land and produce $150,000 in flowers than it is To take that same acre of land and produce $1200 and fruit. I’ll let you do the math.

When I was growing up pear orchard’s were the cash crop in the valley. Now it’s wine and weed  and dozens of small batch brewing places.

People come from all around the world for this industry. There are many people employed there And making a living in this aspect of agriculture.I was worried that it would lead to all kinds of issues when it was first made legal, there really hasn’t been a problem with it there now that it’s legal.

Aside from the psychoactive components there are non-psychoactive components which are very therapeutic for chronic pain and as a sleep aid much like melatonin and a lot of people find a great deal of relief from the non-psychoactive preparations made with cannabis.

I think one of the nice aspects of the cannabis legalization is that a lot of folks that had become completely dependent on opiates have been able to get off of them due to the relief that they find in cannabis.  The big middle finger up big Pharmas arse.   

It is also destroyed the black market Mexican ditch weed gangbangers ability to make dirty money.    The pot farms are heavily regulated as are the retail establishments that sell their products.   They pay their taxes just like everybody else. It’s billions of  dollars in our state. 

The biggest problem there unfortunately, is methamphetamine. And heroin, that’s the stuff that people steal and rob For because they either get sick Without the heroin, or feel like absolute crap without the meth.  It is also the cash crop for the gangs and Mexican mafia. Lotta people die when they deal with those  elements of society .

He is right about using Marijuana without a doctors prescription leading to a critical condition,because I used to use it without a doctors prescription and it would often lead to the critical condition of not being able to get any!

6 minutes ago, samuttodd said:

I suppose if someone were involved with farming , Marketing, selling, the agribusiness component he could afford them profitable job. More than likely it would result in revenues for the agenciesInvolved  with those aspects.

Some may venture to say that poverty is a disease.

I am from a place in the states where it is legal to grow your own, or buy it at a cannabis store. They’re all kinds of concoction is made with it candies cookies syrups pills oil‘s tinctures. All of these products contain  various  amounts of the psychoactive component t.h.c.   Some of the strains are of Indica and some are sativa.  They both have very different affects.   Some are very beneficial for pain type conditions like arthritis and muscular pain joint painSome are very beneficial for pain type conditions like arthritis and muscular pain joint pain, etc.

Some are more for other effects such as relaxation better sleep, stimulation of appetite, anxiety.

There are many other compounds called Terpines That also have Different qualities. Kind of like aromatherapy. Depending on what kind terpines are involved.

I grew up in Southwest Oregon and it used to be a big-time black market type industry. Now it has become very much along the same line as micro breweries and small vineyards.

When I was growing up pair orchard’s were the cash crop in the valley. Now it’s wine and weed  and dozens of small batch brewing places.

People come from all around the world for this industry. There are many people employed there And making a living in this aspect of agriculture.I was worried that it would lead to all kinds of issues when it was first made legal, there really hasn’t been a problem with it there now that it’s legal.

Aside from the psychoactive components there are non-psychoactive components which are very therapeutic for chronic pain and as a sleep aid much like melatonin and a lot of people find a great deal of relief from the non-psychoactive preparations made with cannabis.

I think one of the nice aspects of the cannabis legalization is that a lot of folks that had become completely dependent on opiates have been able to get off of them due to the relief that they find in cannabis.  The big middle finger up big Pharmas arse.   

It is also destroyed the black market Mexican ditch weed gangbangers ability to make dirty money.    The pot farms are heavily regulated as are the retail establishments that sell their products.   They pay their taxes just like everybody else. It’s billions of  dollars in our state. 

The biggest problem there unfortunately, is methamphetamine. And heroin, that’s the stuff that people steal and rob For because they either get sick Without the heroin, or feel like absolute crap without the meth.  It is also the cash crop for the gangs and Mexican mafia. Lotta people die when they deal with those  elements of society .

Not to mention the industrial uses of industrial hemp and the enormous number products the would also benefit society.People seem to ignore the whole subject of industrial hemp,it is the strongest natural fibre on the planet. 

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Dr Prayut espousing his medical wisdom and knowledge. 

I remember years ago visiting a Sikh temple in Agra there were three sections:

1. Food for those who needed it.

2 A temple to pray

3. An infirmary for the aged and those in pain and they were supplied with marijuana. Probably been going on for centuries. 

Don't forget when marijuana was first mooted as a health benefit prudish PM Prayut put the kibosh on it.

It was only after at election time he thought their might be few votes in it so he did a u turn.

Excellent point about the hemp fiber products.  Anything that’s made with heavy canvas if you had made it with him cloth it would be at least 4 to 5 times stronger and last 4 to 5 times longer that stuff is tough like chain mail armor

4 minutes ago, samuttodd said:

Excellent point about the hemp fiber products.  Anything that’s made with heavy canvas if you had made it with him cloth it would be at least 4 to 5 times stronger and last 4 to 5 times longer that stuff is tough like chain mail armor

Strongest paper,they used to use it for money!They still use hemp rope in most theatres for the fly systems.

17 minutes ago, Topdoc said:

WRONG!

One other aspect I forgot to mention about the benefit of the legalization of cannabis products is that 70% of the prisoners in jail and taking up time and resources in court hearing their cases has been Eliminated.

12 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Don't forget when marijuana was first mooted as a health benefit prudish PM Prayut put the kibosh on it.

It was only after at election time he thought their might be few votes in it so he did a u turn.

Nah,he only pulled up at the U turn sign and put his indicator on then he drove straight on once he got into power!

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

' Believe me , I've tried ' he added.

The whole 'medical cannabis" thing was always about decriminalizing.

The right demonized the drugs so the left had to combat the reefer madness with something. So they did studies proving that cannabis was efficacious for some medical conditions. Then they could force the government to allow it for medical purposes. Most government have a mandate to provide medicines to their people.

That's how it went in Canada, they sued the government in court for not allowing cannabis to be sold and criminalizing sick people. The courts made the government change.

Thailand is now doing the same things. Someone in the higher up wants weed to be legalized. It sure isn't the military regime.

The down side of all the medical weed is that people actually think it is a cure all medicine. Anxiety and insomnia are symptoms of addiction. So addicts can claim they need cannabis for those conditions. Anyone who really had those conditions would not want to take cannabis, it would just make it worse.

It is good that addicts are not being criminalized but legalizing should not be legitimizing. If you smoke every day you are an addict and you will experience the many side effects of the drugs, whether or not you realize it or not.

Memory lose, confusion, paranoia, de-socialization. It is not hard to observe cannabis users experiencing these symptoms. You don't want to smoke marijuana every day that is for sure. It is not an answer to life.

Archived