Thai consumers more than ready for 5G: survey

webfact

3 hours ago, Shaunduhpostman said:

Microwave radiation has been used since the 1940's as a covert weapon that when tuned to the correct frequencies have long since been used to induce heart attacks, suicides, slow death by cancer among other things at a distance.

do you know the frequencies?

• Haha 1

The thing is that 5G is designed for machine-to-machine (M2M) communication. The first installations of 5G are going to be non-converged, this means if it detects a human at the source, it will route back to 4G, only M2M traffic will remain on the 5G network. It will be a half a decade before your personal phone traffic will be carried on it.

The only people who should be interested now are businesses that want connected cars and connected streetlights and parking meters, not people.

39 minutes ago, smccolley said:

The thing is that 5G is designed for machine-to-machine (M2M) communication. The first installations of 5G are going to be non-converged, this means if it detects a human at the source, it will route back to 4G, only M2M traffic will remain on the 5G network. It will be a half a decade before your personal phone traffic will be carried on it.

The only people who should be interested now are businesses that want connected cars and connected streetlights and parking meters, not people.

So the really nasty 5g stuff will not kick in until after the all the 5g towers and transmitters are fully built...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, smccolley said:

I've had 5G at home for a year and use it to download almost everything.  You mean I should not be interested in it?  Should I give them the 5G router and all my connections back?

9 minutes ago, Eligius said:

The sheep will go along with everything and anything - especially if it is some new hi-tech plaything. No critical questioning or exploration whatsoever. 

Only an idiot would automatically and unquestioningly think a new technology is safe because the Authorities and 'experts' (who are often bought-and-paid-for) tell us so.

I don't imagine you want any facts but I've been using 5G for a year anything I can tell you?

28 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I don't imagine you want any facts but I've been using 5G for a year anything I can tell you?

Human health damage does not spring into manifestation in a mere year!! Cancer takes - often - many, many years to become apparent.

Saying one has used a technology for a year and is 'safe' is like the man leaping from the top of the Empire State Building and saying, as he reaches the 30th floor, 'It's all right so far!'

See a medical doctor warning of potential dangers of such technology: 

Edited by Eligius

5 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Human health damage does not spring into manifestation in a mere year!! Cancer takes - often - many, many years to rear its ugly head.

Saying one has used a technology for a year and is 'safe' is like the man leaping from the top of the Empire State Building and saying, as he reaches the 30th floor, 'It's all right so far!'

I didn't say it was safe.  I said if you had any questions to ask me as I've used it for a year.  But I don't imagine you are interested in facts about 5G.  

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

Having never experienced 3G or 4G I'm not sure what 5G even means. I use my phone when I want to make a phone call. Seldom carry it with me as I don't particularly like receiving calls.

I think it equates to your baht package cost , 5G will just be 5 grand a month ! ????

On 7/10/2019 at 3:36 AM, webfact said:

some 76 per cent of Thai consumers believe they will be wearing augmented reality (AR) glasses instead of using mobile phones by 2025.

He added that 88 per cent of the respondents believe they will be making 3D holographic calls on a weekly basis, while 13 per cent believe hologram video calls will replace normal video calls.

It just shows that the respondents have no clue what they're talking about. I also suspect the questions were extremely oriented because no reasonable crowd would come up with the such responses to "What will phones look like in 2025 ?"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Get a 5G router and try it yourself.  If your head explodes let us know.  

I've had 5G at home for a year and use it to download almost everything.  You mean I should not be interested in it?  Should I give them the 5G router and all my connections back?

I think you're confusing and conflating two entirely different, separate things:

5GHz band wifi is TOTALLY different and unrelated to the coming 5G mobile service (the 5 in that 5G standing for 5th generation, not the radio frequency bands involved).

There are all kinds of 5 GHz wifi routers in Thailand that transmit on that frequency. But the coming 5G (5th generation) mobile cellular services will operate on a variety of different frequencies just like today's LTE service does. And none of the mobile service providers in Thailand are operating commercial 5G mobile services as yet.

PC Mag did a nice article addressing the public confusion and terminology confusion between the two different "5"s.....

https://www.pcmag.com/article/365754/5g-vs-5g-e-vs-5ghz-whats-the-difference

5G Cellular Is Not 5GHz or "5G E"

The 5G that all of the wireless carriers are installing is the fifth generation of cell phone networks. If you're talking about Wi-Fi, "5G(Hz)" refers to a frequency band: five gigahertz. If you're talking about cellular, the "G" stands for "generation." They're completely different terms.

AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile all plan to install 5G on existing 4G frequencies such as 600MHz, 1900MHz, and 2.5GHz. On those frequencies, 5G uses the same towers as 4G, and has the same distance and wall-penetration characteristics as existing 4G networks, but with lower latency and at least 35 percent greater speed. 

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using 2.4G which is perfectly ok. However, in Ireland where they are being used a guinea pigs for the rollout of 5G, they have been reducing the quality and speed of lower internet speeds because of the lack of take up. People in Europe are more aware of the dangers. I have been involved in projects in Europe where the rich are installing protections against 5G. No hope for the average Joe due to the expense. Best thing is to stand up now and refuse yo have the meters or recievers in your home or on your property. It will significantly reduce the price of your property. Nobody will buy a house with an electrical transformer nearby, and quite rightfully so. I have seen many such properties that are simply unsaleable.

4 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

I have been using 2.4G which is perfectly ok. However, in Ireland where they are being used a guinea pigs for the rollout of 5G, they have been reducing the quality and speed of lower internet speeds because of the lack of take up. People in Europe are more aware of the dangers. I have been involved in projects in Europe where the rich are installing protections against 5G. No hope for the average Joe due to the expense. Best thing is to stand up now and refuse yo have the meters or recievers in your home or on your property. It will significantly reduce the price of your property. Nobody will buy a house with an electrical transformer nearby, and quite rightfully so. I have seen many such properties that are simply unsaleable.

I got 5G.  Quick and better range.  No problems.  

• Sad 1

...Good God...

...ignorance is not bliss....

...people should read up on 5G and its serious health and ecological implications....

...utter madness...misrepresented by those that will profit from it...and the media outlets that they control/influence....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

I have been using 2.4G which is perfectly ok. However, in Ireland where they are being used a guinea pigs for the rollout of 5G, they have been reducing the quality and speed of lower internet speeds because of the lack of take up.

Now this is a good way to get the sheep begging for 5g...

Make 2g 3g 4g slower and more crappy all the time....

And 5g will come to the rescue....lol

The sheep will be taught to love 5g....

AIS have already been throttling the wifi in Pattaya after a certain amount of usage,where as before it was unlimited usage and always fast.....  

On 7/9/2019 at 10:54 PM, yawg said:

The health hazards of 5G are enormous. I don't believe it will be realized, hopefully.

What are the hazardous and why are they enormous? I just dont see it

3 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...Good God...

...ignorance is not bliss....

...people should read up on 5G and its serious health and ecological implications....

...utter madness...misrepresented by those that will profit from it...and the media outlets that they control/influence....

And the fact are what exactly?

6 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Now this is a good way to get the sheep begging for 5g...

Make 2g 3g 4g slower and more crappy all the time....

And 5g will come to the rescue....lol

The sheep will be taught to love 5g....

AIS have already been throttling the wifi in Pattaya after a certain amount of usage,where as before it was unlimited usage and always fast.....  

AIS comes into my house fast and my router extends it to all floors in my house at 5G.  What are you talking about?

On 7/10/2019 at 11:45 AM, Srikcir said:

Doesn't the box use a LAN connection with a digital cable?

Whereas 5G is delivered wireless to smartphones.

I don't have a smartphone, I don't like the thought of having to carry something around that is more intelligent than me.

4 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I don't have a smartphone, I don't like the thought of having to carry something around that is more intelligent than me.

Thailand smart phone users today are at least 28 million.  All those have an advantage over you in business, shopping and life in general.  

https://www.statista.com/statistics/467191/forecast-of-smartphone-users-in-thailand/

Edited by marcusarelus

Just now, marcusarelus said:

Thailand smart phone users today are at least 28 million.  

https://www.statista.com/statistics/467191/forecast-of-smartphone-users-in-thailand/

comparing human interactions from 5 years ago to now is quite alarming. 5 years ago I started travelling to Bangkok by train instead of using the car, people on the platform would talk and laugh together, now everybody is silently staring at their smartphones. At home it's no different, the wife is always on her smartphone, my son is on his laptop and I am on the computer, It's far worse than television ever was at least everybody watched the same program together, now it's social media with isolation on the human level.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

comparing human interactions from 5 years ago to now is quite alarming. 5 years ago I started travelling to Bangkok by train instead of using the car, people on the platform would talk and laugh together, now everybody is silently staring at their smartphones. At home it's no different, the wife is always on her smartphone, my son is on his laptop and I am on the computer, It's far worse than television ever was at least everybody watched the same program together, now it's social media with isolation on the human level.

A little while ago people all used to poop outside of the home and indoor toilets were considered nasty.  Progress.  Try embracing it instead of fighting it and you will be more serene.  I talk to my children and grandchildren in America when I wait for a train.  I'm happy with the new stuff.  

My tin hat doesn't protect me from health hazards; it protects me for the invasiveness of a world tied together by 5G.

There is a lot more than Facebook that will be connected. Once "universally" implemented, everything will be connected. 

Instead of simpy hacking your computer, they can hack your world.

2 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

AIS comes into my house fast and my router extends it to all floors in my house at 5G.  What are you talking about?

AIS Mobil data is what I am talking about.....AIS sure as heck has been throttling Mobil data on purpose....