Thai health authorities probe Aussies’ claim of “two years in hell” after eating Pad Thai in Thailand in 2017

webfact

Happened in 2017 and now it turned out that it was Paad Thai?

I never had a problem and I eat that pretty often. Something smells very bad here.

Even when the hygiene at Thai street food could be a bit better, there's no need to badmouth the food and the country in general.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, atyclb said:

i was not referring to the alleged source of infection by the couple but to the statement(s) made by thai authorities especially that because pad thai is cooked using high heat such a meal can not be the source.

reading comprehension 101 is your best friend

Capisce?

You should try writing clearly 101. Then your post would be clear.

2 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Happened in 2017 and now it turned out that it was Paad Thai?

I never had a problem and I eat that pretty often. Something smells very bad here.

Even when the hygiene at Thai street food could be a bit better, there's no need to badmouth the food and the country in general.

There is no way that these Aussie scammers can pinpoint an infection like this to a specific meal on a specific day over 2 years ago from a specific food court. How many other meals did they consume on the same holiday including airline food and airport food?

Ridiculous.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:
19 hours ago, atyclb said:

i was not referring to the alleged source of infection by the couple but to the statement(s) made by thai authorities especially that because pad thai is cooked using high heat such a meal can not be the source.

reading comprehension 101 is your best friend

Capisce?

You should try writing clearly 101. Then your post would be clear.

i save time not using caps. please specify what is not clear so i can improve

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lupatria said:

...and let's all blame the Chinese:

As part of his nationalist campaign, Plaek Phibunsongkhram, who had been promoted to Thai Prime Minister by a coup d'état, ordered the creation of a new national court: Pad Thai.

However, the most intriguing thing about Pad Thai is, that it's probably not even Thai. Pasta, stir-fried and especially noodle stir-fries are typically Chinese. In fact, virtually every ingredient in Pad Thai does not come from the people the dish is named after. The only truly Thai ingredient is the crushed dried chili peppers.

And the chillis came from the East Indies. ????????????

14 minutes ago, overherebc said:

And the chillis came from the East Indies.

Actually, chilies were originally grown in Mexico.  When the Spanish conquered Mexico and Central America, they began to eat Mexican fruits and vegetables such as chilies, tomatoes, pineapples, corn, papayas, etc. and proceeded to spread them around the world.

Thai food from before 1500 was quite different from modern Thai food.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, otherstuff1957 said:

Actually, chilies were originally grown in Mexico.  When the Spanish conquered Mexico and Central America, they began to eat Mexican fruits and vegetables such as chilies, tomatoes, pineapples, corn, papayas, etc. and proceeded to spread them around the world.

Thai food from before 1500 was quite different from modern Thai food.

Mists of time. For sure they are not Thai.

Let's face it, an Englishman invented the kilt and yes I'm a  ( sweaty sock ) jock. ????????

Edited by overherebc

6 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Mists of time. For sure they are not Thai.

Let's face it, an Englishman invented the kilt and yes I'm a  ( sweaty sock ) jock. ????????

did englishmen introduce the kilt to ladyboys in thailand?

13 minutes ago, atyclb said:

did englishmen introduce the kilt to ladyboys in thailand?

Well, there is the story of the first guy in a kilt in a ladyboy bar who was asked  Is it true you don't wear underwear?

He said put your hand up there and find out.

Shim ( she/him ) did and exclaimed 'that's gruesome'

He replied Put yer hand back, it's grew some more.

????????

Edited by overherebc
  • Haha 2

On 7/10/2019 at 7:45 AM, Vacuum said:

How could these 'doctors' find out that this single celled parasite came from eating Pad Thai in Thailand?

Poorly written - they don't mean the doctors found that out - the doctors only found the parasite.

On 7/10/2019 at 5:45 AM, webfact said:

which they say was in a Pad Thai dish they had eaten at a food court in Thailand

I suffer from the same/similar symptoms, don't want to do anything, feel tired all the time, can't concentrate, really don't want to do much except lie in the bedroom all the time because I'm married and it happens for almost a week every month.

Edited by overherebc
  • Haha 2

On 7/10/2019 at 11:45 AM, webfact said:

Thailand’s Disease Control Department is investigation a claim by an Australian couple that they went through “two years of hell” after eating a plate of Pad Thai, a popular Thai-style fried noodle, while vacationing in Thailand in 2017.

Unfortunately they broke the authorities' toilet during the investigation, leaving the police with nothing to go on.