New british 10 year passport +2 for my boys

My 10 year British passport expires in November and i was planning on get my 2 sons British Passports at the same time.

Would it be easier to apply for there passports before mine expires or apply for all 3 in maybe September/October.

They are 11 and 14 mother is thai and born in Thailand .

Also can it all be done with the internet as i don't really want to travel to Bangkok unless i really need to other than pick them up

Trying to get a trip sorted out for next April to the U.k might even be good value the way the gbp is going.

Many thanks.

You have to make an appointment and submit them in person so doing them together would save you a trip.

Make sure your photos are countersigned, it's says on the notes up to 12 but they rejected our application for this, my son was 15.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BLACKJACK2 said:

You have to make an appointment and submit them in person so doing them together would save you a trip.

Make sure your photos are countersigned, it's says on the notes up to 12 but they rejected our application for this, my son was 15.

Hi thanks i did read somewhere you can apply online no need for an appointment?

Not sure though also my passport last time was sent Dhl that was 10 years ago i had it delivered back to my house without having to go to Bangkok at all.

Maybe first time applications need an appointment?

It is my understanding that the online application is to produce the paperwork which needs to printed and sent to the UK. A friend of mine and his wife in the US just went through this procedure and it seemed to work just fine it took a few weeks for the new passport to arrive. Not sure of this would work for a new passport application. Would probably need to go to the Embassy for that. 
Do a google search for British passport renewal, the information is out there including an interactive section to see whether you can renew via the online application or https://www.gov.uk/apply-renew-passport

• Like 1

Rules have changed for the worse mate. Your DHL 10 years ago would have been to Hong Kong. Now you have to appear in person at the Embassy/Consul of the Country of residence where they check your paperwork and take your money. They send to Liverpool for again checking and processing your new passport, then send it back to the Embassy where you have to attend in person to pick it up. That was 4 years ago and I have heard rumours that agencies might be allowed now but who knows.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Hi thanks i did read somewhere you can apply online no need for an appointment?

No, all applicants in Thailand need to apply via Trendy near Asoke.

I understand that a couple of agents in Pattaya advertise that they can apply on your behalf.

You can apply before yours expires, but they no longer add the unxpired period onto the new passport.

https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/overseas/information/thailand/renew/adult

If you use an agent, do not let them convince you that your Thai Visa card won't be approved to pay for the passports. Some of them try to get you to use theirs and charge an extortionate fee for doing so (about 30% on top of the actual cost).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AlexO said:

Rules have changed for the worse mate. Your DHL 10 years ago would have been to Hong Kong. Now you have to appear in person at the Embassy/Consul of the Country of residence where they check your paperwork and take your money. They send to Liverpool for again checking and processing your new passport, then send it back to the Embassy where you have to attend in person to pick it up. That was 4 years ago and I have heard rumours that agencies might be allowed now but who knows.

That's incorrect, you don't go to the Embassy, they play no part in the process, you go to VFS in Trendy with your application, VFS don't take your money, the fee and courier charge has to be paid by card, the applicant completes a Credit or Debit Card form, and you're charged by the HMPO in the UK.

The process in Trendy is easy and the staff were very helpful, when you make an appointment if you are early I wouldn't hang around just go straight up, there are no queues that side, I was about 2hrs early and had no problems getting straight in.

• Like 1