It’s not how Cabinet looks; it’s how Prayut formed it

webfact

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

1 bullet is all it takes.

Removing Prayut alone is not the answer - and certainly not that way. There are, unfortunately, lots of other dinosaurs who would simply step into his shoes, with relish. Only the Thai people can decide what the way forward is - or to go on being yanked back centuries into a feudalist past. It is up to them. Not easy for them (I sympathise hugely) - as all democratic means have effectively been stolen from them (the recent 'election' and its 'result' were the most shocking and heart-breaking example of that) ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eligius said:

Removing Prayut alone is not the answer - and certainly not that way. There are, unfortunately, lots of other dinosaurs who would simply step into his shoes, with relish. Only the Thai people can decide what the way forward is - or to go on being yanked back centuries into a feudalist past. It is up to them. Not easy for them (I sympathise hugely) - as all democratic means have effectively been stolen from them (the recent 'election' and its 'result' were the most shocking and heart-breaking example of that) ...

Peaceful methods never change anything.

Long term political change only every comes about from extreme acts of violence.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

1 hour ago, seajae said:

yep, he did it the same way ptp and thaksin have done, nothing new here, it happens with every govt that gets in, pity they all just take care of themselves and not the people

Glaring difference is that Thaksin was an elected representative and he answered to the people if his cabinet don't performed. Being a non elected PM, Prayut does not have the pressure of accountability and if his cabinet fail, he may not need to face the people and still has a fall-back plan relaying on the appointed upper house to get him re-elected. He has still not pick up courage to join PPRP.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The way he shaped up his Cabinet is unhealthily traditional.

Will likely to see the ministries for Agriculture, Commerce, Education and Finance struggle to cooperate and work together when staffed with politicians from 3 different parties and each party has their own agenda on serving their support bases.  

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The way he shaped up his Cabinet is unhealthily traditional.

I Object!

Prayut's appointment of HIMSELF also as Minister of Defense is unhealthily untraditional.

I'm only surprised that he didn't also appoint himself as Minister of Justice or Deputy Prime Minster for "Whatever."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eligius said:

Last century Voltaire said  The best government is a benign dictatorship softened by the occasional assassination"

Thailand has got one out of four  of those - - - - -

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Will likely to see the ministries for Agriculture, Commerce, Education and Finance struggle to cooperate and work together when staffed with politicians from 3 different parties and each party has their own agenda on serving their support bases.  

Just keep an eye on his deputy minister for agriculture.  We had him on holidays in Australia for 8 months in goal before we deported him.  He naturally claims it was a mistake and he was innocent.  But - then again - everybody in goal claims to be innocent - - - -

• Like 1

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

Actually I did have the pleasure of meeting him in March last year back in Sydney Australia at the Asian summit I think it was … I took this shot

IMG_20180318_181534.thumb.jpg.2a536c9fe3832376f6e9a3503db3e604.jpg

If you  look  closely you can see the  love in Prayut' eyes for his long time Western devotee ????

• Thanks 1