Crackdown on immigrant families to start Sunday, Trump says

rooster59

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Redline said:

I don’t believe anyone disagrees with criminal elements being removed promptly, but try to minimize trauma to families 

The inclusion of the word "families" in this article and headline, is nonsense drama peddling. 

1 hour ago, Ozman52 said:

Do I detect wishful thinking? If illegal immigrants believe the BS that they have been fed, that they have a "human right" not to be deported and start shooting ( and how unusual would that be in the gun-crazed US), I'm sure there are plenty who would use the resulting deaths as a political weapon.

In most countries, if you start shooting at law enforcement officers carrying out their duties, the right and wrong is very clear. Demonizing of ICE is done for a purpose.

No wishful thinking at all. I actually was thinking how many times"resisting arrest" could  be an excuse  to for fire play.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s all a headline grabbing distraction for Trump’s racist base.

Classic Trump tactics, create a news storm to distract from the real criminality within his administration and his own family.

But as riclag rightly pointed out.

’Live by the illegal, flounder by the illegal’.

Trump needs to focus on prison reform.

Trump is likely planning a rally shortly there after so getting the meatheads all juiced up

1 hour ago, Ozman52 said:

Deportation is, and should be, the ultimate result of illegal immigration, no matter how much BS you manage to fit between the two.

Right, the speculative BS was coming from me? Let me remind you of what you wrote:

"If illegal immigrants believe the BS that they have been fed, that they have a "human right" not to be deported and start shooting ( and how unusual would that be in the gun-crazed US),..."

"In most countries, if you start shooting at law enforcement officers carrying out their duties, the right and wrong is very clear. Demonizing of ICE is done for a purpose."

Trump deporting immigrants at slower pace than Obama: report

Despite a larger number of deportations in fiscal 2018 than 2017, the Trump administration’s deportation levels still fall below those under the early years of the Obama administration, according to an Axios report.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/449665-trump-deporting-immigrants-at-slower-pace-than-obama-report

https://www.axios.com/immigration-ice-deportation-trump-obama-a72a0a44-540d-46bc-a671-cd65cf72f4b1.html

Biden under fire for mass deportations under Obama

But when it comes to Latinos and immigration, Biden is learning that the Obama defense doesn’t do the trick: The former Democratic administration’s mass deportations of 3 million people provoked fear and fury in the community at the time, and the bad taste has lingered even with Donald Trump in the White House.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/12/biden-immigration-2020-1411691

No clue why trump pre-announced these efforts? Seems like that puts law enforcement in a more hazardous position? And he could have bragged about the results after the round -ups?

42 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Right, the speculative BS was coming from me? Let me remind you of what you wrote:

"If illegal immigrants believe the BS that they have been fed, that they have a "human right" not to be deported and start shooting ( and how unusual would that be in the gun-crazed US),..."

"In most countries, if you start shooting at law enforcement officers carrying out their duties, the right and wrong is very clear. Demonizing of ICE is done for a purpose."

The BS I was referring to was fake asylum claims, delay, court hearing, delay, appeal, delay, appeal, delay, constant claims of human right abuses, issue of deportation notice, location and apprehension, and whatever else fits between arrival and departure.

But spin away if that floats your boat.

39 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

The BS I was referring to was fake asylum claims, delay, court hearing, delay, appeal, delay, appeal, delay, constant claims of human right abuses, issue of deportation notice, location and apprehension, and whatever else fits between arrival and departure.

But spin away if that floats your boat.

That's may be the "BS: you're referring to in your text, but it's the BS you added on that's in question  

"that they have a "human right" not to be deported and start shooting ( and how unusual would that be in the gun-crazed US),..."

And then you carry on with the BS you've created about shooting with this:

2 hours ago, riclag said:

Racism has nothing to do with it,Fair people talk about the rule of law,thats were the illegal comes in, the liberals don't talk about that, they use the race card!

Remember when this was all a MFG crisis ,while the dems wouldn't give a inch on budgeting money to take care of these facilities. They reversed it and put the blame on PT. Hypocritical! It will blow up in their face.The swing voter will right this ship!

I didn’t say racist policy, I said racist base.

I'll need to put on my knee high boots to wade through this BS... 

Same bleeding hearts show up to demonize the Trump administration with character assasination rhetoric... 

Truth is he has pulled off a miracle in the economy with little support from either Republicans or Democrats...

He WILL be your President for another six years...get use to it!   ????

Perhaps this is a clue. However I am content in the fact that he has set himself up for a harder election than people realize.   Wisconsin, PA, and Michigan don’t look good.  Without those states and the electoral votes that come with them, Trump loses 2020 and America wins.

D9ricXwXoAIay9w.jpg

3 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

I'll need to put on my knee high boots to wade through this BS... 

Same bleeding hearts show up to demonize the Trump administration with character assasination rhetoric... 

Truth is he has pulled off a miracle in the economy with little support from either Republicans or Democrats...

He WILL be your President for another six years...get use to it!   ????

But you don't put them on when Trump bloviates his BS- then you need an immersion suit.

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

What is it that he actually did with very little support from Republicans or Democrats? I'm intrigued.

5 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Any predictions as to "inadvertent" death toll?

Well I suppose that if the dressing up box for ICE's wannabe stormtroopers includes fire arms, then quite high!

Since any sort of governmental action in the US seems to require those involved to be heavily armed...

4 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Any predictions as to "inadvertent" death toll?

In explanation of this post I perhaps need to say it is in light of the attitude of those involved  in the exercise and those who condone it  without reserve.

The US has  a very well documented capacity within the "enforcement" e.stablishment of committing acts of unprovoked lethal action. In this instance I suspect there will be ample opportunity  for lethal abuse. That is not in denial of actions  committed  by those who wrongfully defy the debatable issue of legitimate  selection of policy.

If the world is presented  with a genuine head count  of those snared in this public "crackdown"  will it  be a global  nationality or a pre-selected biased sample in support of  current  policy intent?

2 minutes ago, JAG said:

Well I suppose that if the dressing up box for ICE's wannabe stormtroopers includes fire arms, then quite high!

Since any sort of governmental action in the US seems to require those involved to be heavily armed...

Sad  but true. There is always a human  life cost involved in the infliction of a "regime".

When you buy stolen good there are two criminals, the one who stole the goods and the one who bought it ,and both are equally liable under the law. 

The same is true with illegal aliens. They are here illegally working but those who purchase the fruits of their illegal employment are equally liable IMO.

So yes penalise the illegal aliens but what about all of as who benefited from the illegal

activity??

I say go after the employers of illegal immigrants, make it unprofitable to hire illegal aliens. If there was no work, they would not come, and the ones that are here would leave on their own. No need to pay for busses no need for detention centers.

Then institute a guest worker program with no pathway to citizenship. A worker from another country comes here under contract and when the contract is over goes back to his/hers country or renews the contract.

All the rest is political football nonsense  played by both the Republicans and Democrats with poor illegal immigrants as the ball.

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

So to be clear, I am in no way a Trump supporter, but in this case he's right.

Now let's be clear what is actually happening, since some 'informed' posters don't seem to have a clue.

This is NOT some random raid on a meat packing plant to round up illegal immigrant workers

What this IS, targeting at those who have gone through the legal review process, and ultimately been denied through the immigration courts and issued with a deportation notice, but haven't left.

I have a hard time getting my head around why that is wrong

Sign of things to come- Emperor Trump said he has presidential power ‘that nobody has ever seen before’. Must have someone a tad more literate than he ghost writing the Trump Manifesto.

This is a man, after all, who dismisses the information and analyses of his massive governance system in favor of what was said this morning on “Fox and Friends,” where everyone tells him how much they love him. With all due skepticism about the quality of governance, this is sheer madness considering the stakes.

26 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

So to be clear, I am in no way a Trump supporter, but in this case he's right.

Now let's be clear what is actually happening, since some 'informed' posters don't seem to have a clue.

This is NOT some random raid on a meat packing plant to round up illegal immigrant workers

What this IS, targeting at those who have gone through the legal review process, and ultimately been denied through the immigration courts and issued with a deportation notice, but haven't left.

I have a hard time getting my head around why that is wrong

Why do you wear the Trump hat backwards!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, expatfromwyoming said:

Yep it really is as simple as that- except his core constituency- the rich elites would lose their slaves- including Trump

I have no love lost for trump and the "Republicans" , I put republicans in quotes because they are RINOs . Republican In Name Only. They have abandoned their republican Ideals and are now simply Anti Democrats. The same applies to  the Democrats. They are both  only interested in attaining and maintaining power in the service of property.. The Democrats also had  eight years in the White house but did very litle . They view illegal and otherwise Immigrants as their farm. They are Farming the community for votes to also maintain power. And the Republicans are trying to deny them that advantage, Republicans  are aware of the demographics,a problem they are also are trying to rectify by  ‎Gerrymandering and playing the electoral college game. 

IMO the is only one party. The property party which has two wings the republican wing and the democrat wing (notice I did not capitalise dems and reps  ) . 

Archived