Washer & Dryer Combo

JimmyTheMook

I'll get a pic up later - but there are new machines that wash and have dryer element built into them.

Not a double stack unit - single 60cm wide washer/dryer combo that also creates a hot water wash.

Anyone have experience with these machines ?

Not cheap as the Bosch model is around 35k baht - but seem useful for a condo 

Sounds great but you have little or no control after u hit the start button. How long is the wash dry cycle? 4 hrs+ maybe. Find you favourite grundies or a single sock 10 minutes after the start button is pressed can u add them to the wash. Will it work on just a dry cycle or is your only options a wash cycle or a wash/dry cycle.
It not the end of the world if you have to go commando tomorrow cause your favs missed the wash. If your not a control freak and don’t mind this machine doing the work for u go for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Wirejerker said:

Sounds great but you have little or no control after u hit the start button. How long is the wash dry cycle? 4 hrs+ maybe. Find you favourite grundies or a single sock 10 minutes after the start button is pressed can u add them to the wash. Will it work on just a dry cycle or is your only options a wash cycle or a wash/dry cycle.
It not the end of the world if you have to go commando tomorrow cause your favs missed the wash. If your not a control freak and don’t mind this machine doing the work for u go for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sherm, these are modern machines.

Multi function = multi tasking

you can wash or dry at will.

IMG_0784.jpeg

We had a combo machine in a rental in Belgium. It wasn't particularly good as a washer or a dryer and swallowed electricity like there was no tomorrow.

And of course, you can't dry one load whilst the next load is washing ????

To be honest, unless you don't have the space for two machines (or a stacking pair) I would avoid.

8 minutes ago, Crossy said:

We had a combo machine in a rental in Belgium. It wasn't particularly good as a washer or a dryer and swallowed electricity like there was no tomorrow.

And of course, you can't dry one load whilst the next load is washing ????

To be honest, unless you don't have the space for two machines (or a stacking pair) I would avoid.

Space issue as used in a condo.

These new machines have inverters - guessing the Belgium episode was not very recent?

• Thanks 1

Just now, JimmyTheMook said:

These new machines have inverters - guessing the Belgium episode was not very recent?

Which have zero effect on the power used by a heating element.

Yes, Belgium was a while back, why not let us know how you get on with your new machine.

Ok if space is an issue, but they’re also expensive to purchase (more than two separate units) 

We have always used separate washer & drier as we can then wash a couple of loads in a row & dry at the same time. 

The drier can easily be stacked on top of the washer. 

Its down to personal preference I guess. 

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ok if space is an issue, but they’re also expensive to purchase (more than two separate units) 

We have always used separate washer & drier as we can then wash a couple of loads in a row & dry at the same time. 

Venting as well for the dryer is an issue with a stand alone unit - gas line dryers are great back in the states and cheap to run.

It's a space issue as this is the selling point on these new units.

https://www.coolblue.be/en/washer-dryer-combos On page can click for more specifications and even downloading on some a manual 

Should be English link , if not up right choose language 

They have them even now in economic energy use , of course the drying weight wash is average a little more than half the washing weight , 

I like the combo.
You push the start button in the morning and when you come back home it’s all done.
It‘s an Electrolux model. Never had an issue for 15 years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, CLS said:

I like the combo.
You push the start button in the morning and when you come back home it’s all done.
It‘s an Electrolux model. Never had an issue for 15 years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Impressed: 15 years ?

I just noticed these things.

Only use if you air dry your clothes. Miserable drying as others have said. If it is for a rental and the tenant pays electric, go for it!

I find it is more efficient to put our air conditioner in dehumidify mode while drying clothes in our condo than running the dryer. 

Edited by tjo o tjim

3 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

It's easy to dry clothes outside dryer during the dry season, on a hot, sunny day. However in rainy season when humidity is condensing on the walls outside, dryer is very handy. But it takes time. The classic looking LG took about 2 hours, and depending on the load, Hitachi takes about 1-1.5 hours to dry most loads. Admittedly if I took them out on a dry day, and placed under ceiling fan they'd be dry in half an hour. If I put them outside though, they'd be dry in 15 minutes, get some gray tan and go straight back to washer. Beauty of living in the middle of a polluted city.

I dont really have those problems in Jomtien but I can understand that people do in other parts of Thailand.

If it's raining here when I do my laundry I just hang things up inside where they dry within an hour or two also.