In detention room in Suvarnabhumi. Don't know what's happening

6 minutes ago, Zhanna said:

Actually, the airline didn't say I have to pay. The representative said it's her responsibility to deal with me. I specifically asked if the airline will pay. She said yes. But now I am getting conflicting information now. There are Chinese people here, other detainees and they said you have to book your own ticket - it's official. In the morning the guard came in and said I go today 100%. But then he came in later and I asked what time flight is and he said he doesn't know... I don't know what to do

The Chinese people have been told by the airline liaison that they have to pay for their ticket. What will happen if they don't??? The airline liaison has the job to put pressure on denied foreigners to come up with a cash solution. They don't always present ALL the real options to the foreigner.

Are you sure you spoke to someone from Royal Jordanian? Or did you speak to the airline liaison who is arranging your booking? The guys down there in the detention centre don't actually work for the airlines. They deal with denied foreigners like you and me and follow the tone set by the Immigration Officers there.

The guard knows nothing at all. Disregard the guard. Minimum wage worker.

There is little you can do. You are detained. I detailed your options earlier today. Pester the airline liaison and try to get somebody to intervene on your behalf.

Edited by Briggsy
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, dddave said:

Do not expect the guards to have any information so don't be rude to them. Airlines have to go through their own processes and a seat has to be found.  

concur.  drove to a major thai insurance company building and at parking garage thai person asked security guard what floor their office is on. he had no clue. then was asked how long he works there; answer .  ten years

• Like 2

Actually, the airline didn't say I have to pay. The representative said it's her responsibility to deal with me. I specifically asked if the airline will pay. She said yes. But now I am getting conflicting information now. There are Chinese people here, other detainees and they said you have to book your own ticket - it's official. In the morning the guard came in and said I go today 100%. But then he came in later and I asked what time flight is and he said he doesn't know... I don't know what to do
Normally the airline has to pay for return ticket if someone is refused entry but they will try their best to get the passenger to pay.

This is why at check-in they check your passport and look at the Visa.

If an airline has too many passengers that are denied entry to a country they can be blacklisted.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Their denial of entry was due to not having a visa for entry. He had just used a visa exempt entry and could not do another one for 30 days. If he had gone online and applied for a visa before arriving he would of been allowed entry.

He has a Kazakhstan passport and is allowed a 30 day visa exempt entry for Malaysia which has no restriction on doing them back to back. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Malaysia

I am certain he will not have a problem entering Malaysia.

Sorry, ubonjoe, you are always the man to ask, but here you might be wrong.

The Malaysian Immigration certainly might deny back to back visa exempts. They did with me recently. I was denied entry at Penang after 3 of them, 90 days each (didnt spend the whole 90 days). I even spent one month inbetween all three, in Indonesia.

The Malaysian Immigration has been through a change lately, and it is not any easier anymore to access the 30 or 90 days visa exempt (depends on nationality) than it is in Thailand. I assure you. Many people are now denied. It has nothing to do with funds or whatsoever. Just too many repeated visa exempts (3 or more I guess).

So we need to know how many visits the OP has already had in Malaysia, because there is indeed a chance she will be denied entry at KL if she has a few of them already. 

Edited by thaibreaker
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

The airline has on incentive to resolve this quickly, since the passenger doesn't want to pay. They'll probably wait until there are a few unsold seats then call him/her to go.

The airline could be using a delaying tactic, hoping that the OP will cave in and agree to pay for the detention costs and the flight.

• Thanks 1

I've

1 minute ago, thaibreaker said:

Sorry, ubonjoe, you are always the man to ask, but here you are wrong. The wiki article is incorrect as of 2019.

The Malaysian Immigration certainly might deny back to back visa exempts. They did with me recently. I was denied entry at Penang after 3 of them, 90 days each. I even spent one month inbetween all three, in Indonesia.

The Malaysian Immigration has been through a change lately, and it is not any easier anymore to access the 30 or 90 days visa exempt now (depends on nationality) than it is in Thailand. I assure you that. Several people are now denied. It has nothing to do with funds or whatsoever. Just repeated visa exempts.

So we need to know how many visits the OP has already had in Malaysia, because there is indeed a chance she will be denied entry at KL if she has a few of them already. 

I've had one visit so far. But a about 5 months ago I did a visa run from Vietnam to Malaysia but only stayed 1 day - didn't even go out of the airport. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zhanna said:

I've

I've had one visit so far. But a about 5 months ago I did a visa run from Vietnam to Malaysia but only stayed 1 day - didn't even go out of the airport. 

Then you certainly will have no issues.

Thanks for answering.

Wish you good luck and hope you are getting out of there soon!

• Like 2

Dumb question: if I'm in such a situation like the OP, instead of waiting for the airline who I travelled with to Bangkok, to 'find a seat' to the airport I departed from, couldn't I just buy a ticket, perhaps with another airline, to a third country that doesn't require a pre-arranged visa, e.g. Malaysia, Singapore, or Hong Kong?

Edited by StayinThailand2much

2 hours ago, Maestro said:

The airline could be using a delaying tactic, hoping that the OP will cave in and agree to pay for the detention costs and the flight.

From what has been said this airline only flies to KL 3 times a week. And perfectly possible flights are booked.

Op -- assuming you are not now on your way - can you call the airlines yourself and ask if they have you booked?

16 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

From what has been said this airline only flies to KL 3 times a week. And perfectly possible flights are booked.

Op -- assuming you are not now on your way - can you call the airlines yourself and ask if they have you booked?

That route on RJ is a 5th freedom flight. I`ve taken it quite often in Economy/Business Class and it`s never full, as many travellers aren`t even aware of that flight. Same like the QR flight in the past, which came full from Doha, but departed nearly empty to Hanoi.

So if they say the flights are fully booked, I most probably a lie.

Edited by SpanishExpat

3 hours ago, Briggsy said:

The guard knows nothing at all. Disregard the guard. Minimum wage work

As far as I remember, guards were working for Brink's which was the contractor to handle the deportation area within Swampy. These temporary rooms are diplomatically considered as a no man's land area ; and your embassy can do nothing for you until you will be deported to another country.

In my case, I was lucky to have Thai friends who quickly handled the situation.

PS: I posted regarding this matter several years ago but cannot find it anymore within ThaiVisa archives

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SpanishExpat said:

That route on RJ is a 5th freedom flight. I`ve taken it quite often in Economy/Business Class and it`s never full, as many travellers aren`t even aware of that flight. Same like the QR flight in the past, which came full from Doha, but departed nearly empty to Hanoi.

So if they say the flights are fully booked, I most probably a lie.

Actually no one has said that.

OP was detained on Saturday. the only flights are Monday, Wednesday and friday. So today is the first possible day to fly.

I think what has caused stress and confusion is that OP has been given either no info or inaccurate info from detention area staff who just make up things because they actually don't know )or can't be bothered to find out).  For example, saying "tomorrow" when in fact there is no flight on that day.

There was a flight today. OP may already be on it. If not, next possibility is day after tomorrow.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

The airline just called me about an hour ago and asked me 'Have you booked your ticket?' I asked back why they told me that my ticket has been paid and confirmed by the airline. SHe said 'I couldn't check whether the ticket was available'. B******t! How is it possible they cannot check if they work there?! They told me to buy the ticket which departs at 16:35 at about 1:30. I bought the ticket and showed it to the guard. He told me that I have to wait for the airline staff. I am still I the cell waiting. It is now 15:31 here and the plane departs at 16:35. Noone came.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Zhanna said:

The airline just called me about an hour ago and asked me 'Have you booked your ticket?' I asked back why they told me that my ticket has been paid and confirmed by the airline. SHe said 'I couldn't check whether the ticket was available'. B******t! How is it possible they cannot check if they work there?! They told me to buy the ticket which departs at 16:35 at about 1:30. I bought the ticket and showed it to the guard. He told me that I have to wait for the airline staff. I am still I the cell waiting. It is now 15:31 here and the plane departs at 16:35. Noone came.

They still may. Try to stay calm. Remind the guard every 15 minutes or so that you are booked and need the airline staff to come get you.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 12:53 PM, Zhanna said:

They gave me expulsion agreement to sign and put in the detention room.

isn't it so that if OP don't sign this, she can not be detained but can get any ticket to anywhere ?

Or they can detain her at the cost of imm and the responsible airline ?

And only if she signed that said document, then she herself had to pay all the costs involved ?
It seems a bit harsh, in case you only gets refused because a IO does so, that you also can get detained...

It would feel stressful already arriving at a border , being told not allowed to enter and then detained as a kind of criminal... ?
What would be the normal case , arriving at any border....

5 minutes ago, Ratt Thai said:

What would be the normal case , arriving at any border....

At a land border crossing the would deny entry and tell you to go back to the other country.

At other airports it is the same as Suvarnabhumi. 

21 minutes ago, tcp7 said:

This thread starts to look like an episode of Prison Break. ????

Coincidentally, threads from months ago are being revived, all about denials. By "new members". So when anybody looks at the main page, sees denial, denial, denial.

Yes, it has all the elements of a TV drama. I am scared. What can I do. Will they abuse me in here....etc.

Nevertheless, I think we answered the abuse thing. The OP posted further, which proves that no abuse took place.

I wish the OP good luck and maybe time to close the thread?

Edited by lkv
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, lkv said:

Coincidentally, threads from months ago are being revived, all about denials. By "new members". So when anybody looks at the main page, sees denial, denial, denial.

Yes, it has all the elements of a TV drama. I am scared. What can I do. Will they abuse me in here....etc.

Nevertheless, I think we answered the abuse thing. The OP posted further, which proves that no abuse took place.

If you where abused, would you tell while you still there at an open forum? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, lkv said:

We are hoping for a final update from the OP -- who has hopefully landed in KL by now.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Worked for that chick that was "saved" by Canada.

She was in an airport hotel. I don't think its such a good idea to live stream from the detention facility - it could result in detainees phones being confiscated, thereby stopping their ability to communicate with those who may be able to help them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

We are hoping for a final update from the OP -- who has hopefully landed in KL by now.

About the cuisine she has been served on the plane or....

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

She was in an airport hotel. I don't think its such a good idea to live stream from the detention facility - it could result in detainees phones being confiscated, thereby stopping their ability to communicate with those who may be able to help them.

Can't touch the phone, it's stealing. It's not a jail where you are not allowed a phone.

They can't touch the phone in the US either. They can reject you entry if you refuse to give it to them to check, but it's personal property at the end of the day.

• Haha 1