TM30 Do You Comply?

Skeptic7

TM 30 - Do You Comply?  

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You need to define "comply" since different Imm offices have different policies. From the choices you seem to consider "comply" to mean filing a TM30 after any overnight absence from home even if still within the country. Most Imm Offices do not so define it i.e. what you list as :soemtimes" would be "yes" for most of us.

1 hour ago, hereforgood said:

They told me if i have a long term visa that as long as I return to the same address I do not need to do this so never have this was at Jomtien office.

And different at Ubon office....

15 hours ago, Sheryl said:

You need to define "comply" since different Imm offices have different policies. From the choices you seem to consider "comply" to mean filing a TM30 after any overnight absence from home even if still within the country. Most Imm Offices do not so define it i.e. what you list as :soemtimes" would be "yes" for most of us.

exactly.  Jomtien have very different rules to many other offices. I have submitted the one time, but they say that unless I move house, they don't need another confirmation by way of the TM30. 

For me the correct option is not in the list.

I have been told by Jomtien immigration that as a retiree in my own condo I don't need to do a TM30 when returning from trips here or abroad.

I comply with that and don't do one.

I doubt anyone complies 100%, after sleeping on friends couch etc. 

As others have said complying at one office is not the same as complying at another office.

18 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I have been told by Jomtien immigration that as a retiree in my own condo I don't need to do a TM30 when returning from trips here or abroad.

I had been told the same and was happyly rolling along like that at Jomtien until I switched from retire to marrige extension, then they wanted a TM30 recipt.

I just told them I did one 5 years ago when the TM30 room was the photocopy room, lol

Of cause I comply,it's not difficult,and I don't want a 1600 THB fine,

it's that simple really,Chiang Mai immigration are very strict and have

been raking money in with 1,600 THB fines from people who either don't

know or don't care,I have better things to do with 1600 THB that give it

to the Government,its the law,so just comply or it's going to cost you,

it's the same with 90 day reports,just do it.

regards Worgeordie

2 hours ago, hereforgood said:

They told me if i have a long term visa that as long as I return to the same address I do not need to do this so never have this was at Jomtien office.

Absolutely correct, they told me the same, last year and the same this year!

44 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Same for me in Bkk , with the exception of returning from abroard

Wife filled one out a few of years ago when asked to do so by immigration for extension.  No fine.  Have not done one since.  Just a copy of the one we did before for extensions.  I had asked if I needed to do one when coming back from traveling around the country.  They said no.  But to be honest I have only once been asked by a resort for my passport.  

Of course if they tell me I have to do one every time I leave the house and return I would comply, if I knew where I was staying reported me there.

Did my first one in 14 years, by mail to Chaengwattana.  Been told via colleagues who've done their annual extensions, the TM30 only needs to be done once unless you change permanent address, so I'm not planning on updating it after trips abroad.  Will find out if this is true when I do my Extension later this year.

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

Agreed.  As I am on an extension of stay and have been at the same residence for years.  If I do leave the country and return the documents given to immigration at the airport have seemed to be sufficient.  However, for trips within the country may be a different issue.  If a resort or hotel takes your passport at check in they, as required, are probably reporting your stay there to immigration.  What has happened to others is that they do not report when you leave.  Next time you are at immigration you will be asked why you did not report your new address.  Has been a problem for some renewing their extensions of stay.  What needs to change is that if you spend the night at your in-laws this should not require a TM30 as you have not actually changed your residence.  Some offices seem to use common sense in situations such as this.

I answered "yes always" but this has only been since the recent (12-24 month) pseudo enforcement and to avoid Mrs Rasi being hassled or fined for allowing me stay in her house when we're back in LOS. We're back and forth a few times a year from abroad and use hotels that will undoubtedly report my stay, so it's an insurance against any harrasment.

Thus far nobody has asked on the way in or out, though I make sure I hand over the receipt each time.

The main reason we comply is to avoid any b_llshit closet skeletons when our time comes to settle long term, (optimistically) presuming Thailand not completely screw itself in the future..... that plus I hate arguing with idiots. ????

The common sense thinking behind the T28 and T30 IMHO is this.

The Thai Imm. want to know where you are staying .

So the owner of the place you are staying at permanently should do a T30.

If you change your address , then it is your responsibility to fill in the T28.

Then the owner of your new address fills in a T30 to verify you are actually staying there and not telling the Thai Imm. porkies.

3 hours ago, hereforgood said:

This was also told to me by an IO in Hua Hin Immigration when I went to file a TM30 on return to LOS last year. 'If you return to the same address, no need' he said and firmly pushed the TM30 back to my wife (property owner). I have lived at the same address for nearly 14 years and this is the one recorded on their database.

But yes, different offices different application of the laws.

Option 2 is the closest for me, but none of the answers has an entirely suitable option that’s relevant to my IO in Roi Et.  I am in compliance with the way they apply the law, but I am not in full compliance with the law.  If my landlord (my wife) tries to submit a TM30 report for staying away from home in Thailand, they just tell her she doesn’t need to do that.  They only want TM30 for return from overseas travel.

Archived