How i could withdraw remaining THB 400 000 in my bank if i leave Thailand  ?

49 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Not blocked unless it's a fixed deposit account. Either withdraw in one go at branch, or via number of ATM withdrawals.

Fixed deposit accounts used for extensions of stay are not blocked - you just do not receive interest if you take out early. 

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

I got my retirement extension a week ago and no one told me I had to keep any money in the bank.  I think you will find it is only at a couple of offices.  Check before you panic.

They may not have told you, but if you are using the 800K method -- as opposed to income method - it is required. this is a nationwide police order.

If you are using the income method then no minimum amount in bank required.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

I got my retirement extension a week ago and no one told me I had to keep any money in the bank.  I think you will find it is only at a couple of offices.  Check before you panic.

I have to go back to imm Jomtien 7 october and show my 800k is still in the bank. 

90days.jpg

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

It is different only a few miles away at Rayong as I was given nothing and told I did not have to come back.  

Most Imm Offices are not doing this. Jomtien is an outlier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gatsby69 said:

I'm not sure that the bank can block the remaining money. I just ask ! As the bank must certify the money deposit by a letter to immigration, do you think that she is not required to alert immigration if you withdraw the money before term ?

NO

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Most Imm Offices are not doing this. Jomtien is an outlier.

I don't see how they have the labor.  Rayong is an industrial office with thousands of foreign workers and others.  They certainly don't need anyone coming when they don't have to.  

9 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

It is different only a few miles away at Rayong as I was given nothing and told I did not have to come back.  

That could be true, Marcus, but you still have to keep a minimum of 400,000baht in your account. You can't spend it down to 0baht and top up again. (see post #30)

• Like 1

Do you really think that the "Big 5" banks here really care about your piddly little 800,000 Bht ?

You would think they had asked you to put 800,000 Dollars in the bank.

By the sound of many of you whingers I would not want you as a customer anyway

The banks have much bigger fish to fry

• Like 1
  • Sad 1