Is women's tennis legitimate? Is it fair, with only best of three set matches in the Slams?

This epic final between Djokovic and Federer was 4 hours and 57 minutes. So, I ask, is the women's game an legitimate sport? They demand equal pay for best of three set matches. It seems to me that at a minimum, they should play best of five sets, at least for the slams. The pathetic Williams-Halep match was 56 minutes. That is 56 minutes, compared to 297 minutes for the mens! Is that even bordering on fair? A few male players have mentioned this in the past, and they were absolutely excoriated for having the temerity to mention it! I think most women players would be on an IV drip in the hospital after just four sets. The women claim to be equal to the men. OK, show us. You want equal pay? Play an equal match. The ability to play a grueling five set match requires tremendous fitness and stamina. The men have to train far harder than the women, to be able to endure these matches. Is that fair? 

So, I suggest since the average woman's match is half the time, they surrender half the prize winnings, and spread it amongst qualifiers and first round players, who really need to money to cover the expenses of touring.

Or, start playing five set matches. It is time for the women in tennis to step up! This is unfair, and I would even say this is bordering on a criminal enterprise. At a minimum, their game seems semi illegitimate. Does anyone agree?

In a controversial argument, Novak Djokovik and Rafa Nadal was been talking about in the past.

Nadal said;

“It’s a comparison we shouldn’t even make. Female models earn more than male models and nobody says anything. Why? Because they have a larger following. In tennis too, who gathers a larger audience earns more”.

And Djokovik made a similar comment;

I applaud them for that, I honestly do. They fought for what they deserve and they got it. On the other hand I think that our men’s tennis world, ATP world, should fight for more because the stats are showing that we have much more spectators on the men’s tennis matches. I think that’s one of the reasons why maybe we should get awarded more. Women should fight for what they think they deserve and we should fight for what we think we deserve.”

Looks like the equality between sexes...must to wait.... by now.

women want the same money/pay that males get yet refuse to do the same amount of work, its the same throughout society, should not matter what gender you are, you want the same money you do the same work. We see the equal pay mob trying to equate a sales lady with a high rise workers in pay levels, secretaries with tradesmen, they cannot accept that harder more dangerous work earns more money, they think because they are females they should get it automatically. In sport if they want the same they should have the same rules, best of 5 for tennis or shorten mens to 3 sets, football is the same as is cricket, shouldnt be based on the people that watch it but the ability to perform for the same times as each other.

Archived