Energy saving labels that I see on many electrical equipment

karl2007

Hi,

I have seen many of these type of labels, but because they are always in thai, I can never understand if they are good or bad.

I have attached a picture of an air-con Panansonic Invertor. I asked the seller in the shop that I wanted to install a low energy one.

Can anyone explain what this means. The 5 is pointing to a single star. So I would suggest that this is not very energy efficient. As it would be pointing to the 3 stars.

If anyone can point me to some English information about what these means.

I have uploaded the images

Many thanks in advance

IMG_20190715_154549.jpg

energyratingjpeg

Go to the web site shown on the bottom of the label - then do a google translate - You will see a link that show several types of electrical products - AC / TV etc .. click on the AC and you will have a long list of units listed - Model names etc .. and the rating and electricity usage.

Sorry I can not explain the Thai writing

Edited by rvaviator

The "5" is saying it's a 5.  Good.  The 5137 baht per year is the expected energy consumption cost - not sure how they determine that.  The SEER number is OK but I think in the 20's is normal for the Daikin, for example.

Be aware: the big digit "5" does NOT refer to the efficiency rating of the device.

It's just a "5th generation" label.

I remember in the past there was a year specified?

About your device:

within the class of inverter ACs (compared to other devices) it's only a 1-star rating.

They do 1 to 3-star rating based on the class of device.

They specify an efficiency no. based on BTU per hour per electrical unit and that is the "19.11" on the label ("SEER")

I have extracted some data of Panasonic ACs:

label5.jpg

As you can see there are two 3-star rated devices with 23.85 and 24.33.

Still your inverter is a good choice compared to fixed speed ACs with numbers around 13 and most with "no star"?

Edited by KhunBENQ

The top rated device is a small 9500 BTU Saijo Denki device with an efficiency of 27.5.

As you might anticipate the price is also top :tongue:

For the fixed speed ACs there are 18 Saijo Denki in the "top 20".