Thai media report "Irishman" on 4,000 day overstay - GoFundMe started to help him

webfact

37 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

He’ll be pregnant with triplets before I would ever donate.

I have lived here 14 yrs by the rules........no one ever helped me.

Sick of these Go Fund Me campaigns.

But still so many on here only want to try to twist it that he's - somehow - 'just another hard done to farang', despite his flagrant flouting of Thai laws!!! Ridiculous!!!

Edited by PoorMeMuppets
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Not true. It is not all that difficult. You can change jobs, but there should be no break in your work permit. The fee for citizenship is Baht 5,000. There is no window. You can apply at any time.

What you are referring to is permanent residence (PR), not citizenship.  Now if you are not married to a Thai, then you will first have to apply for PR and the fee for that is @ Baht 190,000. However, you pay a very small amount of that upon application, and only pay the remainder when granted PR (I forget the exact figure as I did not bother with PR, I applied directly for citizenship). 

Do you have to do any kind of reporting etc?

Just now, madmen said:

Everyone has an excuse. if I didn't have ...cats , dogs, a lady boy , a wife , a GF ...  I would be gone

Yours is easy just take them to a better life in first world its a win win but I'm guessing your wife prefers Isaan to new york, london, sydney paris... ????

They usually do, prefer Issan 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that he was not a demon and was a good father who was just trying to help his family.

Good father-

a) Ignore your responsibility to be accountable for your residency requirements for more than 10 years. How is that helping your kids?

b) Do nothing all those years while you KNOW all along you are doing wrong-what did you tell the kids all these years? What did the mother say? What does that teach kids about civic responsibility?

c) when you get caught turn to a not for profit organization that was originally set up to help those in need, not those who do wrong and knew what would happen when they get caught. I have an associate who had a full heart transplant in January 2019. Had it not been for go fund me he would have not been able to come up with all the money. Now you go to them knowing you did wrong and expect them to bail you out. Show me the good in the fathering here.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that things had gone off the rails when both his parents died this year. He promised more details today.

Nobody to support him anymore? What a shame, maybe time to get income from somebody else?

5 minutes ago, Rocking Robert said:

Nice guy didn’t see his parents for 11 years. Should have been my there side

His dad visited him not long before he died. If you check out his social media presence he is kind of hiding in plain sight!

Rooster

51 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

He told me he was in a restaurant in sight of his house. He knew the game was up and effectively gave himself up.

Given you're his mate, or at least know him, what's his excuse for being such a <deleted> and overstaying so long?

1 hour ago, Samuel Smith said:

It's a register of a British birth.  Go have an argument with your shadow.   

Yes, you didnt get a UK Birth certificate from the UK Embassy in BKK as you previously stated that you did 

23 minutes ago, travelling wilbury said:

Simple explanation

He is irish  do you really think he can count up to 30 days and know when his vvisa expires

Bkk hilton for 4000 days then Deport him 

Oh casual racism i see, He's from england. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Was he just sitting there having a meal and they walked in or what?

He was probably chopped by a farang , matey. ?

Better off without them..

Edited by elliss

29 minutes ago, travelling wilbury said:

Simple explanation

He is irish  do you really think he can count up to 30 days and know when his vvisa expires

Bkk hilton for 4000 days then Deport him 

Must be a huge place this BKK Hilton

She's been to all those places with me, and many more, but what is easy about telling your wife she has to leave all her family and friends behind? Which is why I moved to Thailand in the first place. Then, it was a good idea. I travelled extensively for work and could base myself anywhere. But Thailand 2019 is very, very different to Thailand 1994.
Travel between both. Or send her back a few months a year. Has to be better than waking up every day wishing you were not here

1 minute ago, Traubert said:

I know many British people called Mohammad. Gasp, how can that be?

Half of South London is Irish, there's Irish people all over the world. You are from wherever you live. He's an Irishman that lived in Taunton, Somerset, England before he came to Thailand. Why is that hard to grasp?

By the way everybody, if you don't want to give anything to his GoFundMe, set up by his friends (none of you fit that description, evidently) you can simply ignore it and save on hypertension medication. I'd be much more interested in how they know he got nicked, unless the lady who set it up is a relative and the Embassy told her.

Maybe he telephoned home and told them ?

34 minutes ago, Jimdandy said:

Good father-

a) Ignore your responsibility to be accountable for your residency requirements for more than 10 years. How is that helping your kids?

b) Do nothing all those years while you KNOW all along you are doing wrong-what did you tell the kids all these years? What did the mother say? What does that teach kids about civic responsibility?

c) when you get caught turn to a not for profit organization that was originally set up to help those in need, not those who do wrong and knew what would happen when they get caught. I have an associate who had a full heart transplant in January 2019. Had it not been for go fund me he would have not been able to come up with all the money. Now you go to them knowing you did wrong and expect them to bail you out. Show me the good in the fathering here.

C) did he go to “go fund me” or did someone else?

7 hours ago, Basil B said:

Not sure if there is now a time/age limit on registering them as a descendant of a British Citizen (if as reported he is Irish) but if as reported he has been in Thailand for 11 years they are most probably going to be aged under 10.

And again if he is Irish then what is the Irish law on this?

Even if he can get them a UK passport the UK will never allow him to bring his Thai wife with him unless he's earning a serious amount of money, thanks to the May bot back in 2012, forget human rights for families, you only get them if you're rich...