Thai media report "Irishman" on 4,000 day overstay - GoFundMe started to help him

webfact

No need to hide is picture if the actual GoFundme has his photo in full..?

https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-sam-birch

Creative text,  by the way: 

"encarcerated in a Thai jail through no fault of his own and has two children who apparently needs to see him. "   (sic^4) 

Whoever started the funding page should go to jail himself for grave offenses against spelling and grammar, as well as logic and general lack of thruthiness.

40604918_1563034936658201_r.jpeg

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

There is another problem do the kids have British passports? Im not sure about claiming benefits having been out of the country so long

Why would his children have British passports?

The OP says he is Irish, yet it also states he is from Somerset, which cannot be correct.

9 minutes ago, hanbla said:

He has been working, illegally obviously. Why he went to GoFundMe? Well, you know, it's always easier if someone else pay.

That’s what you keep saying, if so, why not renew visa or get non b visa? 

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

The OP says he is Irish, yet it also states he is from Somerset, which cannot be correct.

Thai's are not good with Geography, I know what you mean

5 minutes ago, Tradewind777 said:

I could find a good use for the screwdriver on this paddy tw@t. Give him the birch!

No need for that just hope nothing ever happens to you in the future, Have a nice day

8 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Could be lack of clear reporting.

Maybe he's from Northern Ireland originally with a British passport then lived in Somerset?

Or perhaps he has a British and Irish passport, as that's allowed I believe.

9 minutes ago, Tradewind777 said:

I could find a good use for the screwdriver on this paddy tw@t. Give him the birch!

Have you ever been birched with a screwdriver? A lot less painful than the real thing.

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Maybe he's from Northern Ireland originally with a British passport then lived in Somerset?

The reporter wouldn't know the difference between North and South

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Or possibly neither. looks French to me.

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Why are so many berks out here abusing the spirit of the go fund me fund that suppose to help people in real need? why is it that every screw up and a moron thinks that the public is there to bail them out the very shit they, knowingly, put themselves in?...

Should be #Gofundaconvict..:cheesy:

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that things had gone off the rails when both his parents died this year. He promised more details today.

I have to agree with Vacuum on his post #3. 9 -10 yrs extra of zilch done.

What he did do in the end was the irresponsible thing regarding his wife and family, and they will all suffer because of it. Bad choice to not walk the line and jump through the hoops as needed. Although sorry to hear about his parents both passing away. I just lost my dad and it still hurts.

Sod that Go Fund me scam and sod that Gobshi...te. He chose to ignore what the rest of us go through every year to stay here. It you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Put this bog trotter in the Gray Bar Hotel for a month then send his sorry ar...se back to the Auld Sod never to be allowed back in Thailand for the rest of his miserable life. Oh and by the way I am Irish and have no sympathy for his kind.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 minutes ago, lipflipper said:

Sod that Go Fund me scam and sod that Gobshi...te. He chose to ignore what the rest of us go through every year to stay here. It you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Put this bog trotter in the Gray Bar Hotel for a month then send his sorry ar...se back to the Auld Sod never to be allowed back in Thailand for the rest of his miserable life. Oh and by the way I am Irish and have no sympathy for his kind.

Being a good Orish man your good self then donate 20k to the cause

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Why are so many berks out here abusing the spirit of the go fund me fund that suppose to help people in real need? 

It's not the one who asks who's the idiot. If there are people stupid enough to give their $ to some sob story in the internet, it would be a crime to let them keep the $. Who knows what the idiots could do with it. Never give a sucker an even break.

2 minutes ago, RobboR said:

It's only since the Junta got in that overstaying has become a big deal & there are rabid commentators on here who seem to agree with them . Absolutely bonkers

Up until  5 years ago immigration hardly blinked an eye at an overstay, they were thankful for the money + tip!!

Now it's become almost a capital offence. The hang em' high brigade out in force

Immigration slip that 20k in his sky rocket everybody was happy

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

It is not just the overstay, how has he financed himself? was he illegally working? paid his taxes?

Certainly must been a drain on society if he can not find £1,000 without resorting to "Go Fund Me"

Nether mind he can claim benefits when he gets back to Somerset and even more if he brings his kids back with him.

He won't be able to bring his kids back with him, you have to have a certain amount of income per year to prove that the wife and kids wont be a drain on society (benefits)

17 minutes ago, lipflipper said:

Guessed that, you've certainly kissed the Blarney Stone.

What harm did he do to anyone? What harm did he do to you? Sounds like a bit of the emerald green eyed monster to me.

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

There is another problem do the kids have British passports? Im not sure about claiming benefits having been out of the country so long

He will always get something...

With kids he will get a house unless they were to take them into care which is highly unlikely.

8 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

He won't be able to bring his kids back with him, you have to have a certain amount of income per year to prove that the wife and kids wont be a drain on society (benefits)

If the kids are his they will be entitled to British or Irish Nationality, or both...

5 minutes ago, Basil B said:

If the kids are his they will be entitled to British or Irish Nationality, or both...

Im guessing the kids are half thai just hope he got British birth certificates as they would need them to apply for a passport

Archived