Stronger baht not keeping tourists away

snoop1130

Keep opening more brothels (aka bars) and pimping land's daughters for marriage to 30-years older sexpats, your tourism revenue will be stable by destroying your exports due to strong baht and it will be good for all - brothels, pimps, and sexpats. 

Edited by onera1961
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, totally thaied up said:

Talk to the average Australian punter. Most are now going to Bali or Vietnam for holiday. Most my friends are raving about Vietnam. Reason is the baht is way too strong and the costs have risen in Thailand and true levels of service lack. Sure, when I flew back recently all I saw was Chinese at the airport but what I definitely saw was a lack of farangs. I am even having most my Thai friends in business telling me the same thing in Chiang Mai - not as many farangs this year and the smokey season has really scared a lot away and they are dreading another repeat of the same (smokey) conditions next year. 

I do agree with your post but not about Bali it has been holiday

paradise for Australians a long time specially for west Australians

• Like 1

2 hours ago, onera1961 said:

Keep opening more brothels (aka bars) and pimping land's daughters for marriage to 30-years older sexpats, your tourism revenue will be stable by destroying your exports due to strong baht and it will be good for all - brothels, pimps, and sexpats. 

I like the cut of this man's jib.

Onera for Tourism Minister. Do I get a 'yeah?' ????

13 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

How do they measure how many people are visiting Thailand?

Well, you know immigration? Where people come in from other countr..........

Must be a trick question, surely.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Of course not because people enjoy spending more for the exact same thing, right. What an idiot.

Exactly. I don't need Thailand to do that. My very own government is more than capable of screwing me out of money!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DLock said:

"However, we have also learned that the average income earned from foreign tourists is still higher than the number of overall travellers entering the country,” Weerasak said.

I must have read this 10 times.

I could be having a dyslexic day...but I don't understand what he trying to say.

That is why he is listed as Outgoing Minister another failure.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cadbury said:

The Thai baht is killing just about everything except the offshore riches of politicians and the elite. Which is the way the new "democratic" junta like it to be.

The money that goes off shore comes from income in Thailand.  So, back to the drawing board on that idea.  It's not a strong baht it's a weak pound.  

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Benmart said:

When officals speak, my country included, I am skeptical as to the truth or accuracy of their utterances. The challenge in Thailand is the proliferation of poobahs, uniformed talking-heads and self-appointed native defenders making pronouncements that are difficult to verify; in addition to a lack of jornalists that question much of the hot air coming from the four corners of this land.

Listen to the Western financial reports to get the straight scoop.  It's the same but don't let that discourage you.   https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-07-03/-worried-thai-central-bank-looking-at-steps-to-damp-baht-surge