Installing an AVR 2019 update?

notrub

Hello Crossy,  I am a victim of the low volts provided scenario and I was very happy to find your post on this forum.  I did not realise that the PEA would simply supply 155 volts without even a how do you do.  (We are is Isaan, north of Buriram in a small rural community.)  Consequently I spent many hours on the road taking my new Samsung microwave to the repair shop and insisting that they do something (!) as it was new.  Now I know it does not work properly because of the low voltage provided.

I am writing this post to ask if there is any update on the information already provided by you, please.  I see on your photos that you have a V.E.G. device.  Is this the brand you recommend?

We have few big electric devices in our house.  Fridge, microwave, clothes washer and one AC unit.  Our computers are laptops so they are plugged into a charger unit.  Is it that our new UHD TVs are at risk from voltage fluctuations?  We also have a 1 1/2 HP pool pump.  We have a separate consumer unit in our guest house and aside from a shower and TV there is only a refrigerator there (no AC, only fans).  Is this fridge in danger of damage through low voltage?  Should I put a small AVR in there just for that?

I will start re reading your 2017 post.  Thanks very much for your original post and any updates or comments you may have. 

Have a read of this thread:-

Whilst ours has had issues I would still recommend the VEG as being simple and rugged, @Arjen was suggesting a unit from CBC bit I have zero experience of the beast.

Do ensure you go oversize and don't feed your water heaters via the AVR.

How you arrange AVRs depends upon your electrical topology, but bigger units are generally cheaper on a per-amp basis.

Is your supply permanently low or variable? If it's low all the time PEA may be able to move you to a "better" phase or change the tapping on the transformer.