VIDEO: Bus and taxi drivers fight for tourists in Pattaya

webfact

55 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Some year go down a little. Same in 2014. 

Still it go up and up. 

So many now. 

Kao Lak more than last year sure.

Pattaya less. 

The sex guy don’t take the family or wife and girlfriend go Pattaya. Go alone. Because he lonely.

Kao Lak Many family and the big group.. More social.

True about Pattaya attracting the single guys, however I wouldn't apply the word lonely to them in particular. It might fit for the 'older' european guys ???????? although I believe that's a shrinking market as well.

It, Pattaya, as you say does not inspire EU or US etc holiday makers to become repeat tourists.

If Pattaya had a sea front

( beach road ) that looked like many of the places in Europe, clean, tidy and traffic free with clean, neat and tidy cafes and restaurants; and a decent public transport system it might be a different story.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, overherebc said:

If Pattaya had a sea front

( beach road ) that looked like many of the places in Europe, clean, tidy and traffic free with clean, neat and tidy cafes and restaurants; and a decent public transport system it might be a different story.

Spot on .. The traffic problem is horrendous .. going forward that is something that has to be dealt with .. A decent tram system down Beach rd then back along 2nd road would go a long way to trying to make the place abit more appealing .. 

1 hour ago, Justgrazing said:

Spot on .. The traffic problem is horrendous .. going forward that is something that has to be dealt with .. A decent tram system down Beach rd then back along 2nd road would go a long way to trying to make the place abit more appealing .. 

Fair chance you and me will have pushed up a few daisy patches by that time.

Same in oz when 2 ice cream vans crossover each others territory.. It's hilarious but if it happens here in Thailand it's signals the end of the world, the collapse of the economy and crash of real estate sector and the final nail in the tourist coffin
Too funny [emoji23]

The marketing of the Pattaya lords is truly formidable, the idea of doing a family show during the day is great.
Surely even the general thinks so and gives the due reward to those responsible!

7 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

I like playing spot the difference but playing spot the tourist is to easy there ain't none????

Pattaya was akin to a Ghost Town at 10.30 Am today.

No traffic, no one on the streets, shops closed and supermarket near empty

4 minutes ago, sitanonchai said:

A decline in tourist so fight for the few tourist that still visits this scrapyard.

Managers think that increasing public transport is a good for tourists (falling prices), is it possible that they have miscalculated?
Tip: better if you keep using the calculator!

7 hours ago, PAWNEESE said:

It is / was NOT a zero alchohol day. Sorry to be pedantic. But the inference is the bad behaviour cannot be booze fueled.

Unless Im missing something.

Its / was a zero alchohol PURCHASE day.  I stand to be corrected errrrrr but you can drink the stuff you had purchased on previous days.????????????

Aren,t we being a little pedantic ?

7 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Let me know when the bargirls start fighting over customers. That might pique my interest.

it wont be far off???

many of the bar girls are getting very desperate...not my customers, and most of those customers only buy drinks for themselves.....

24 minutes ago, murraynz said:

it wont be far off???

many of the bar girls are getting very desperate...not my customers, and most of those customers only buy drinks for themselves.....

been in pattaya lately they are a scary bunch old and high mileage the odd hottie is still busy that market take care of its self.

The hot ones are not feeling the pinch they are working there asses off for agents in other asian cities

7 hours ago, Youlike said:

They should wear uniforms, look at them...they dress like construction workers.

Telling a Thai to wear a uniform would be like telling a security guard to wear a whistle and chain.

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Same in oz when 2 ice cream vans crossover each others territory.. It's hilarious but if it happens here in Thailand it's signals the end of the world, the collapse of the economy and crash of real estate sector and the final nail in the tourist coffin
Too funny emoji23.png

"the collapse of the economy".  Bring it on, and as quick as possible.

I would not worry about that, if it becomes like the crash of 1997 with the baht reaching 75 to the GBP, there will be plenty of westerners coming over to retire here, you know the old rich, ugly, fat, facial haired, tattooed variety, to get the girls and marry them, bring up their children, and buy them houses etc.

You cannot expect the PM of a country to sort taxi drivers at war, but you can expect the local gov big cheese, with all the grief in Pattaya and what appears difficult trading for all to get out there and sort it, everybody relies on each  other to make a good strong economy and if what you read is true about Pattaya being quiet this type of social media report is for all to see including families about to pay for there 2 week  vacation.

The local officer for whatever reason !!??!! chooses to do nothing, if this goes on he will be out on his ass.

for what its worth,

a friend of my wife, her daughter 26 and 3 years at the same Bar in Pattaya confirms, it is very Quiet,

and finally the report says that both authoried and Unauthorised !!!<deleted>

57 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

As so many like to say on this site, it's their country. Let them deal with it all the Thai way.

Agreed but this does nothing to paint a tropical paradise, i never enjoy going to the south ( Issan Boy ) and these scenes confirm to me that when taxi drivers fight for fir a fare, the end is near

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

How many Thai children will die as a result if the economy collapsed? Do you care?

It was a typical selfish statement from those who believe this country exists solely for their entertainment. When I saw the scene it bothered me knowing that most of these guys are scrambling to bring enough money home for themselves and their families so that they may eat and pay the bills. Not easy making a living being a Thai, at least when I worked regular I received good money. These poor bastards put up with all this shit for peanuts.

Archived