Pattaya getting on my nerves

flyingsaucersarereal

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, bbi1 said:

"I am getting sick and tired of the constant checkpoints where you have to prove your innocence sometimes twice a day" - Get rid of the car and take public transport. Problem solved. Songtaews and motorbike taxis are sufficient to get around Pattaya.

"When you go into immigration in Jomtien it is just packed to the max" - Absolute nonsense! Since moving here from BKK the Jomtien Immigration queues are absolutely tiny. In fact, my last extension took only 8 mins to complete from getting the ticket until getting my passport back and walking out the door.

Yes, the immigration complaint is bizarre.

Past 2 years 90 day one minute.

Extension never more then 20, usually less.

The check points they are all over the country, so deal with it.

Sadly, maybe time for the gentleman to seek alternatives.

Actually if you hate most of it go to Pai and check it out. 

I was just there.

Very laid back and easy life.

No malls, Big C or traffic issues only saw 2 traffic lights in the entire town.

If in the past you considered P. civilized, I don't think any place upcountry is going to compare to what P. used to be... to get the most out of country living, you will be well served to speak the language and learn the customs, is that what you want? It is quite different form P. old or new. 

11 hours ago, ukrules said:

Hua Hin is the answer...

agreed.

all you want is here, and much better quality.

and once you know the place, you will know where to find the best deals.

for the life of me i cannot understand why anyone would want to live in the delightful city of pattaya

14 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Checkpoints? You must be a driver. But anyway i leave pats for a while every month and travel around Thailand  then return. Cobwebs cleared im ready for the fray again. But why drive in Pattaya. Just dont get it. You cant drink.and drive, it make you a police magnet and public transport is as cheap as chips. 

What public transport if you live on the darkside?

5 hours ago, madmen said:

I live lower Sukhumvit surrounded by night life and happy hour beers are 100 baht a Pint till 8pm and then the old German beer house starts happy hour from 10 pm till close

What pubs have beer at 100 baht a pint?

RAZZ

11 hours ago, ukrules said:

Hua Hin is the answer...

Brutally hot climate, and quite dry too.

A lot of pollution from the massive amount of traffic on Phetkasem.

Fairly poor beaches and water quality.

The most spoiled Thai women in the nation, due to older, wealthy ex-pats from Scandinavia being willing to jump over crazy hurdles, and give them anything they want. 

Other than that, it does have some good food, fun spots, and good shopping. And two movie theaters! And the areas to the south, from Pranburi to Ban Saphan Noi are great. 8 Km long beaches without a soul in sight, during the week. Hard to beat that. That whole stretch is my favorite part of the entire Gulf of Thailand. 

Disagree totally with the sender. Been here 8 years and never had the problems he outlines with police stops or immigration. Prices tend to rise everywhere!!

Go on Google and do your own research about other towns or cities. That way if you do move and end up unhappy it can only be your fault meaning you won't bother us with the tedious details. 

55 minutes ago, Darkside Gray said:

What public transport if you live on the darkside?

The only one I can think of is the Baht bus that starts up by the Old Course on SSCC, runs down to Chicken crossroads hangs a left then a right onto Nern Plawb Wan all the way down to the Suhkumvit Road.

We really could do with a couple more alternative routes out this way.

1 hour ago, Hotrudester said:

Disagree totally with the sender. Been here 8 years and never had the problems he outlines with police stops or immigration. Prices tend to rise everywhere!!

Go on Google and do your own research about other towns or cities. That way if you do move and end up unhappy it can only be your fault meaning you won't bother us with the tedious details. 

Yes.

Many think everything should be the same price as 30 years ago.

Totally uneducated.

They truly need a basic course in economics to understand the reason for price increases.

Go over to the darkside said Darth Vader....that's where we live. All the things that keep a guy alive are over there and when you want a bash you're just a Thb 100 MC taxi ride away from town or grab a Baht bus for 300/400 each way. Typically on a good night out you wouldn't miss it especially if its split between a few. 

Several posters have mentioned living out of town from Pattaya and liking it.  As I have said before, I think that is what makes Greater Pattaya a nice place to live--the variety of neighborhoods and also nearby villages.  You can really choose how busy or how quiet you want and there is probably a place you'll like.  And, should you choose one of the outer suburbs, Pattaya is not far away with its hospitals, numerous restaurants, movie theaters, and nice shopping centers when you want a change of scenery or you have a medical need.

Right now, my partner and I are in Wong Amat by the beach and liking it. It's safe, quiet, and laid back with lots of families and it reminds me a bit of the beach vibe of small seaside towns in America.  You see young foreign kids of maybe age 9 or 10 walking along by themselves making a run to 7-11 or Family Mart and the parents feel it's safe and they can go alone.  A world away from some other parts of Pattaya like Walking Street.  But, in 10 minutes or so you can be at Terminal 21 or Central Festival.  Just one of the many choices of living areas. 

6 hours ago, RAZZELL said:
4 hours ago, Jaxxper said:

Go over to the darkside said Darth Vader....that's where we live. All the things that keep a guy alive are over there and when you want a bash you're just a Thb 100 MC taxi ride away from town or grab a Baht bus for 300/400 each way. Typically on a good night out you wouldn't miss it especially if its split between a few. 

What pubs have beer at 100 baht a pint?

RAZZ

The Dark Side may appeal to some but I went to Pattaya once and lasted 24 hours before fleeing back to BKK. I was glad to finally see the place but it worse than I even expected. 

On 7/19/2019 at 12:54 AM, madmen said:

Dump your car and move to the baht bus route but involves paying more than 3 K RENT

Total nonsense jomtien is fast.

he did not say it was not fast ! he said it was packed with people, tell me thats not true.

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
12 hours ago, bkk6060 said:
Yes.
Many think everything should be the same price as 30 years ago.
Totally uneducated.
They truly need a basic course in economics to understand the reason for price increases.

Some prices should be going down because of the strong baht

thats what we would like but they dont give a toss and why should they really 

Archived