Stamp in passport. Need help in translation.

Our family just left Thailand and our daughter 6 years old had an overstay of 3 years. She got a stamp in passport that looks different to usual overstay stamps. Could anyone help to translate and understand the consequences of the stamp? When initially we applied for tourist visa for her, we were refused because “no need for visa for kids”.

Stamp passp.jpg

There shouldn't be any problems, and there are certainly no fines or bans for under 15 year olds, however they do still need a visa and therefore still get an overstay stamp.  It's astonishing that you were advised differently by Immigration (or maybe not!).

Difficult to read, from the parts which i can read, i would say it probably says something like:

She isn't charged for overstay because when she entered Thailand she was less than 5 years old.

If she overstays again, she will probably get the overstay stamp (even if she won't get any punishment until she is 15)

Edited by jackdd

36 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

There shouldn't be any problems, and there are certainly no fines or bans for under 15 year olds, however they do still need a visa and therefore still get an overstay stamp.  It's astonishing that you were advised differently by Immigration (or maybe not!).

It was not Immigration, It was Vientian Thai consulate.

29 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Difficult to read, from the parts which i can read, i would say it probably says something like:

She isn't charged for overstay because when she entered Thailand she was less than 5 years old.

If she overstays again, she will probably get the overstay stamp (even if she won't get any punishment until she is 15)

Thank you for the info!

1 hour ago, SkyPa said:

Our family just left Thailand and our daughter 6 years old had an overstay of 3 years. She got a stamp in passport that looks different to usual overstay stamps. Could anyone help to translate and understand the consequences of the stamp? When initially we applied for tourist visa for her, we were refused because “no need for visa for kids”.

It says that the child has not been prosecuted for staying without permission because they are under 15.

There are no consequences.

Kids always need permission to stay exactly the same as adults. But those that don’t can’t be fined or banned from the country due to overstay. However, they could (highly unlikely to ever happen) be deported from the country.