Suvarnabhumi layover

I haven't been to Bangkok for a few years and am seeking input on where to kill time in Bang Na, Samut Prakan, or other areas near Swampy.

The layover is 9 hours, 2-11pm on a friday.

Questions:

1) any good soapies near seacon square or mega bang na? Or in another commercial area close to a mall? If not a full-on soapy, how about a spa, like Rakuten on Suk 33?

(I speak Thai and have no worries about exploring and communicating. I know i could take the train to Huay Kwang or Sutthisarn but I'd prefer to stay in the Swampy suburbs to minimize travel time.)

2) Are there any "resort" type places-- basically a nicer version of a short-time hotel where i can check in for a few hours? Not a curtain motel but one with proper rooms or bungalows.  Not looking for a layover hotel like Queen's Garden.

Open to suggestions, tips.

Mariya Boutique Residence

We find this a good transfer hotel. It has a lot of things around it, not that we have ventured far with in 100 meters a massage place (don't know if they do extra's) noodle shop next door.

They pickup & drop of at the airport about 10 minute trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Reporting back from the tail end of the layover. Actually. The tail was laid end-to-end. Turns out there are several "pretty" spas within easy reach of Central Plaza Bang Na. Bangkok never disappoints, even with the clock ticking and the bombs popping.  

Archived