Best Online Shopping ... ?

Curt1591

I'm going to bite the bullet and order from an online shopping service.

The vast majority do drop shipments. As is with so many products, my product of interest ships from China.

My question is who has provided the best service, Lazada, Aliexpress, Shopee, or any others?

The three I named charge little or nothing for shipping.

Thanks for any input ....

13 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

Any problems at customs ?

taxed once(2500 import tax on the goods worth 1700 baht!!!) when I bought auto parts(a set of front struts). Other than that all my orders(mostly electronics) were delivered directly at my door step, no tax.

• Like 2

I use Lazada all the time, and even for huge items like TV's and clothes Dryers, no issue and saves me the hassle of going to 10 billion shops and being told 'no have' when looking for stuff. 

When I need to buy stuff that I can't find in Thailand for a reasonable price, I use Amazon to buy stuff from the states and have it shipped to Thailand. They take out customs duties on checkout and it arrives REALLY fast from the states. I recently spent over $1300 bucks on electronic items and watches and it arrived from the states in 5 days, and even after paying for shipping and customs through Amazon, it was still cheaper than buying locally. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Thainesss said:

I use Lazada all the time, and even for huge items like TV's and clothes Dryers, no issue and saves me the hassle of going to 10 billion shops and being told 'no have' when looking for stuff. 

When I need to buy stuff that I can't find in Thailand for a reasonable price, I use Amazon to buy stuff from the states and have it shipped to Thailand. They take out customs duties on checkout and it arrives REALLY fast from the states. I recently spent over $1300 bucks on electronic items and watches and it arrived from the states in 5 days, and even after paying for shipping and customs through Amazon, it was still cheaper than buying locally. 

How much was the duty (%) for watches if you don’t mind me asking.  I was going to have a friend bring a few of mine over until I heard (second hand) that the duty was 40%.

Agree about Amazons fast shipping.  I have had items arrive from the US faster than Lazada (Bangkok location) when ordered on the same day.

8 hours ago, Airalee said:

How much was the duty (%) for watches if you don’t mind me asking.  I was going to have a friend bring a few of mine over until I heard (second hand) that the duty was 40%.

Agree about Amazons fast shipping.  I have had items arrive from the US faster than Lazada (Bangkok location) when ordered on the same day.

Hard to say because I bought 11 Items for a grand total of $1354 before shipping and tax, and the total import duties collected at checkout was $230. The invoice is not itemized, the cart just calculates and recalculates as you add stuff, but overall for all the items I paid way less than 20% total, and because all the items were ordered at once, I saved on shipping. All of the Items were hard to find in Thailand and WAY more expensive than ordering myself and cutting out the middle man importer. 

That said, if your friend is going to hand-carry that stuff to you through the airport then do that because you wont have to pay anything at all. They dont charge you or check you for personal items in your carry on or checked baggage. 

And you can go on Amazon, change your shipping location to your address in Thailand, and then put everything in your cart and go all the way to just before you "Place Order" and see what shipping and import duties are for the order. 

• Like 2

I use all of them: Lazada in Thailand, Aliexpress in China and Amazon in the US. 

Surprisingly Amazon can be the fastest, depending on what kind of shipping you select. 

Customs duties are not too expensive, sometime very small, according to the type of product. 

Aliexpress is by far the slowest, often taking 2 to 3 weeks to deliver, but appears to be immune to custom duties (maybe a deal between China and ASEAN)... the very low prices they offer are nett, inclusive of everything... you can pay an extra for a faster delivery but it quickly adds up. 

Lazada doesn't offer the same range of products, but is the only choice for big items... you are not going to order a TV from the US, especially since the standards are different. 

On the principle, I don't like online shopping, but the truth is that most shops in Thailand are so poorly stocked that it is as if they were pushing customers to go online... 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 8:35 AM, Thainesss said:

"I use Amazon to buy stuff from the states and have it shipped to Thailand."

and they never say "this item cannot be shipped to Thailand."

or does that only apply to Amazon UK?

I am sick fed up with Amazon UK saying that they cannot ship to Thailand, so I never use them anymore.

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I am sick fed up with Amazon UK saying that they cannot ship to Thailand, so I never use them anymore.

I dunno, theres alot of stuff that wont ship to Thailand, but when I change my shipping address to my Thai one, most items listed are available to ship to Thailand. 

Only one item I had a hard time finding on Amazon that would ship to Thailand, and it was a North Face XL duffel bag.

2022579919_ScreenShot2019-07-24at5_33_12PM.png.506f55f82139b38a7002e9f16a449372.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

U.S. Amazon will tell you which items ship to Thailand.  Also they've just expanded their shipping reach into Thailand which will much improve delivery and number of vendors who will ship here.   I also use Lazada frequently but not nearly the amount of goods Amazon has.  Have thought of using some of the Chinese shops but don't trust them yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

On the principle, I don't like online shopping, but the truth is that most shops in Thailand are so poorly stocked that it is as if they were pushing customers to go online... 

I like online shopping way better than in the shop, especially in Thailand where people hover & harass, let you spend 45 minutes looking at a product and getting interested only to tell you when you want to buy it that they don't have it in stock but they have this other product for sale ????

• Like 2

I use Lazada, Aliexpress and Amazon as well and all have good service, would advise to stay away from shopee, not a serious online site, order product back in May a week later they contacted me to tell me the product was not available, I ask for refund (I know made the mistake of paying upfront with them, if you do intend to use them use the COD payment) as of today I am still waiting for my refund of 1,690 baht, placed more than 20 phone calls& messages to their (POOR) customer service, they keep saying the money was sent to my account and to ask my bank to check their payment, my bank BKK can't find any money from them, asked for copy of transfer slip, they send one that has no account number.... just stay away from SHOPEE

• Like 2

I use Lazada mainly, good prices and good delivery, 2/3 days in LOS and 6 days from China.
Used AliExpress for the first time, very cheap but didn’t read all the “ blurb “ and it’s gonna be 3 weeks !!
( my fault as there are many shipping options available ).
WISH is another online shopping site that seems to be hounding me ( must have showed an interest on FB [emoji20] ). Have just made a cheap purchase to check them out, seems like they have some different stuff !

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 8:35 AM, Thainesss said:

Same for me,Lazada cash on delivery is what I always use,I just had to reply to your post because I always get a few close people almost in stitches when I did once always say when entering a big shop/store,'I wonder what "No have' it will be this time',that's mostly gone now with shopping on line,I have bought hundreds of items from TV's to drinking water filtration,only one slip up delivering the wrong item, they sent the cash instantly and told me to keep the low priced wrong item that came.

• Like 1

I use Lazada a lot and have had no issues when I've returned items but I have noted recently more statements on item pages with increased return restrictions. 7 days rather than 14 seems to have become the norm.  Also seeing "Change of mind" excluded on many offerings as well as "Packing must be original and unopened."   Free delivery seems to be out the window for 75% of the items on sale now.  Not unusual to see a B60 delivery charge on a B100 item.

I have had good experiences with Gearbest.com, a huge mainland China online retailer for electronic items but warranty coverage and customer service is always a concern.  Their prices can often be lower than Lazada by significant amounts, especially phones and computers.  Attention must be paid to phones as the lines can be very blurred between phones sold with "Global Rom"  and "China Phones".  Gearbest is know for flashing their own "Global Rom" onto phones manufactured for use in China and that can have a major effect if a buyer later wants to install a different ROM.  many reports of "China" phones being bricked in the process.  This also seems to be happening with some Lazada vendors as well, especially with in demand Xiaomi phones.

• Like 1

Well, to be honestly, for long time I use Lazada without any hassle, but this week it go's wrong.

I order a 4K monitor, the one I wish was only at one shop at Lazada.

In a few days I receive the item, I took it out the box, connecting everything and....nothing.

No power, try other cable, but nothing.

As far as I understand the only you can do is to ask for a refund?

But after a complaine, the shop don't give any reaction anymore, and Lazada says, you'll have to wait 3 until 5 days before they will take action.

So you buy something for about 30,000 thb, its not working, and you have sit and wait.

And the next thing that surprises me, you don't get your many back, but they putting it in a wallet.

So, you can only spend it at Lazada....30,000thb, Can you imagine?

When no satisfactoy solution is found, it is for me exit Lazada, I'll keep you up to date.