Yingluck expresses sympathy for drought-hit farmers

webfact

57 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

You should really leave those complicated accusation to the expert.

THE NATIONAL ANTI-CORRUPTION Commission (NACC) yesterday dismissed the charges against officials including former prime ministers Abhisit Vejjajiva and Yingluck Shinawatra for alleged mismanagement which resulted in severe flooding in 2011 (Sept 2016).

By APD Writer Chen Jiabao

BANGKOK, Sep 13 (APD) -- Thailand's anti-graft agency on Wednesday said evidence is insufficient to conclude the ex-prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra is negligent in failing to to prevent great damages caused by the 2011 flooding.

Insufficient evidence is far from innocence. You forgot about the dumping of the dams, or don't you have that in your file of Shin exonorations?

• Like 2

The real joke is the farangs posting on here, thinking that their opinions are of any worth. Thais don’t give a damn about our opinions and I suggest that very little that the government does have any impact on your day to day lives. Immigration is as immigration does, regardless of which government is in power.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

6 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

Insufficient evidence is far from innocence. You forgot about the dumping of the dams, or don't you have that in your file of Shin exonorations?

One is found guilty or innocent, one is not found "insufficient evidence to prove guilty".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

One is found guilty or innocent, one is not found "insufficient evidence to prove guilty".

Being innocent is not the same as not being convicted for the crime. Just think about it and you will know im right. 

17 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

The real joke is the farangs posting on here, thinking that their opinions are of any worth. Thais don’t give a damn about our opinions and I suggest that very little that the government does have any impact on your day to day lives. Immigration is as immigration does, regardless of which government is in power.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Well that's true, but there's nothing wrong with healthy discussion of what's happening around you, me, us, and for some of us important to know what's happening because we have family born here (myself one Thai son and his 3 kids, my grandkids).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, robblok said:

Being innocent is not the same as not being convicted for the crime. Just think about it and you will know im right. 

According to the court it is until proven otherwise.Of course I understand that one maybe guilty of a crime without being convicted,so I will concede it is not the same.

50 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

By APD Writer Chen Jiabao

BANGKOK, Sep 13 (APD) -- Thailand's anti-graft agency on Wednesday said evidence is insufficient to conclude the ex-prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra is negligent in failing to to prevent great damages caused by the 2011 flooding.

I bow humbly to your prosecutorial skill and will love to see you pleading insufficient evidence as burden of proof to a judge. 

In any case, this case was dismissed by the NACC and there are an investigating agencies and have all the resources to obtain evidence and yet they couldn’t find sufficient evidence. You seem to have a treasure trove of Shin’s evidences which the NACC would love to get their hands on,  

28 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Well that's true, but there's nothing wrong with healthy discussion of what's happening around you, me, us, and for some of us important to know what's happening because we have family born here (myself one Thai son and his 3 kids, my grandkids).

Well put,but I think he is wrong there is worth in posting here,some Thais do give a damn about what falang have to say because they have paying them to do exacery that for more than One hundred years.

11 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Well put,but I think he is wrong there is worth in posting here,some Thais do give a damn about what falang have to say because they have paying them to do exacery that for more than One hundred years.

There are other examples, for many years after retirement I worked part time as a visiting professor at several Thai universities.

At one uni, there was always healthy discussion in the lecturers lunch room where we all sat around one big table. 80% Thai professors, 20% foreign professors. 90% of the Thai professors spoke good to perfect English

Fifty % of the Thai professors had never travelled / never studied abroad, broadly and were mostly annoyed / very annoyed by any comments from visiting teachers. 

Fifty % of the Thai professors had studied / travelled abroad and from their immersion had realized there are problems, and most of these guys were open to broad 2 way detailed discussion and most were interested to listen to other points of view. The Thai dean was in this group.

However was this last group ready to stand up and confront the Ed. ministry or the government etc?, No, not yet. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

However was this last group ready to stand up and confront the Ed. ministry or the government etc?, No, not yet.

I being a slow leaner(according to my older brother) can relate to doing it my way and going at my own pace.

Except that I don’t see any healthy discussion here, only criticisms and insults of the government, past and present. Given that you’re a farang, I assume your son has foreign nationality as has your grandkids. Do you feel that Thailand is a country for the future?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

I bow humbly to your prosecutorial skill and will love to see you pleading insufficient evidence as burden of proof to a judge. 

In any case, this case was dismissed by the NACC and there are an investigating agencies and have all the resources to obtain evidence and yet they couldn’t find sufficient evidence. You seem to have a treasure trove of Shin’s evidences which the NACC would love to get their hands on,  

You still didn't get to the dumping of the dams (for purely political purposes) just in time for the drought.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Except that I don’t see any healthy discussion here, only criticisms and insults of the government, past and present. Given that you’re a farang, I assume your son has foreign nationality as has your grandkids. Do you feel that Thailand is a country for the future?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

From my original post:

"...because we have family born here (myself one Thai son and his 3 kids, my grandkids)."

'my Thai son', he was born here and I wouldn't have typed 'Thai son' if he wasn't a Thai national, his 3 kids are also Thai citizens.

'Do you feel that Thailand is a country for the future?'

That's a total diversion / nowhere near the subject of the thread so no comment.

• Like 1

Pff, the superior style, the attitude: 'The other day, I learned from news reports...'! Ah, you're not informed every hour of what's going on in your home-country you looove sooo much?

Is it because you fled away from it, ungraciously, ...as a thief, with your 'personal assistant'(F), hiding in front of the back seats of a car driven by a rogue police colonel, are you ashamed of the downfall?

...Or is it, more simply, because brother/daddy Thaksin has no more use at the time for his 'puppet' and 'clone', and nothing else than vanity and shopping is left to fill the days?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stickyrice2000 said:

I will take Yingluck anyday over Prayuth.

To do what with?

Prayuth is no option, I agree, or one must have a same basic intellect and acquired taste for music and poetry for the impaired, oh, and reading, three books...

To exchange, ...and trade, expensive watches with until death follows, I'd rather have Prawit.

And Yingluck? Only when I would be a pervert and a sadist, and craving fresh oyster mushrooms every day, LOL!

• Haha 1

On 7/25/2019 at 1:04 PM, Gweiloman said:

The real real joke here is the clown who thinks opinions on here are worth nothing but then still gives his opinion.

• Haha 1

On 7/26/2019 at 2:35 AM, RotBenz8888 said:

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Isn't there a third choice?

Between being appointed and coups,  really no other choice. Thailand is doomed to be without choice. It’s either the military elites or nothing. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 6:06 PM, Captain_Bob said:

Still feeling guilty about the farmers who committed suicide due to her BS rice pledging scheme failure to pay them as promised in return for their votes. 

Still uninformed I see.

On 7/25/2019 at 6:53 AM, Artisi said:

Who is Yingluck, someone of importance or use to Thailand? 

Absolutely she is.

Probably the only Thai more popular than Thaksin.

Let her run in an election, she absolutely smashes the opposition.

No one more important or useful to Thailand than Yingluck

• Thanks 1

She was elected for, and by, the people no matter what. Those of you who believe the 'rice scam' spin from the Junta must have lost their research and analytical skill set as it was a fix to get the military in and it worked and some of you believe it!  

• Like 1