Yingluck expresses sympathy for drought-hit farmers

webfact

Yingluck expresses sympathy for drought-hit farmers

By The Nation

800_718c51ed86c0012.jpg?v=1563952419

Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Wednesday expressed sympathy for farmers suffering during the country’s drought.

Yingluck posted on her Facebook wall that farmers in the Northeast and other parts of Thailand deserved people’s concerns because of the burdens imposed by the drought amid a sluggish economy.

“The other day, I learned from news reports that the people in the Northeast and several other parts of Thailand are suffering from drought and, without the rainfall, their crops have been damaged. Moreover, the country is now enduring a sluggish economy, so the farmers and a lot of other people are suffering hardships,” Yingluck said.

“I have sympathy for the people and I would like to extend my moral support to all who have to endure the current situation. I also have concerns about the economic impact that will follow. I hope all of you will have courage and will not be discouraged. Please be patient, so that you all will survive these obstacles.”

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30373557

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-07-24

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cornishcarlos said:

Written in her air conditioned office, whilst being waited on by staff...

But she is a farmer at heart !!!

Cheap shot from an exiled failure..

No doubt soon she will be sending in funds to help those that have lost revenue due to farm losses.

Please Yingluck, take the next plane to Thailand and help the people.

Since your rice-scam you have so much money that it should be possible for you to pay for a lot of water, including delivery.

We all wait to see you. You even get a free bed and free food. Hurry!

1 hour ago, webfact said:

I have sympathy for the people and I would like to extend my moral support to all who have to endure the current situation

I wonder how much that line will get them when they go to repay bank loans, put children into school, buy diesel for pickups and tractors, put food on the table, etc.? 

40 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Will her adversaries blame her for the drought as a diversion. 

Well perhaps someone close like you could extend your daily phone-in and tell her the folks want her money not her sarcasm. 

12 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Well perhaps someone close like you could extend your daily phone-in and tell her the folks want her money not her sarcasm. 

Wouldn’t be surprised that you interpret as sarcasm. I sincerely think she was concerned and she was hoping Prayut will treat the rice farmers as fairly as he treat the rubber farmers. 

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Wouldn’t be surprised that you interpret as sarcasm. I sincerely think she was concerned and she was hoping Prayut will treat the rice farmers as fairly as he treat the rubber farmers. 

Oh you are so sweet, you bring tears to my eyes.

Your comment could be strongly countered a hundred times. 

16 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Dear Khun Yingluck,

Could a rice pledging scheme be the solution???

LOL.

Unfortunately, it is part of the problem as the farmers used more and more water, which we now dont have

7 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

Why did she not do more for the farmers when she was in a position to do so, e.g. drill wells for irrigation or construct additional water catchment areas..??

She did do more when she had the chance,she did more than this lot are doing.The rice farmers were not struggling as much as they are under this lot today.

8 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

Why did she not do more for the farmers when she was in a position to do so, e.g. drill wells for irrigation or construct additional water catchment areas..??

Too much water was her problem. Her government did came out with a Water Management Plan for flood and drought mitigation. The junta then dropped the ball and did nothing. 

8 minutes ago, steven100 said:

lol ….  maybe don't shop at Harrod's for a few weeks and send the money to Issan instead.

I see you've taken a moment from arce licking to make a sarcastic remark,well done when you return you might ask your mate what he is doing for the rice farmers and what you are doing to help?  

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I see you've taken a moment from arce licking to make a sarcastic remark,well done when you return you might ask your mate what he is doing for the rice farmers and what you are doing to help?  

I am sure he's doing a heck of a lot more than your Yingluck ever did,  except she had some fraudulent rice scheme going ….   anyway, lets agree that more needs to be done  !!  ????

National Broadcast by PM Prayut Chan-o-cha, March 18, 2016

'The government has incorporated an integrated national water management plan into the country’s 10-year Strategic Plan. We will push forward the plan and make appropriate adjustments along the way.

We shall follow Their Majesties’ guidelines to rehabilitate our forests and address the problem of water shortages in villages, schools, and communities.We will address the matter of water scarcity for our production sectors by developing our water sources such as rivers, underground water, reservoirs, and weirs.We will work to prevent future flooding by dredging canals, restructuring our cities, and making sure that roads are not blocking waterways.

And please read :

May 11, 2015 - The Agriculture Ministry is responsible for improving irrigation systems. ... The UN was satisfied with Thailand's water management plan which allows ... They will be given tools, equipment fertilizers, and other necessities to help local farmers lower ... The government will help those affected by this project.

Archived