China warns of war in case of move toward Taiwan independence

snoop1130

19 minutes ago, Johnnyngai said:

Please understand that I am not here to sell any ideas to make a profit. 

I just happens to be in between vacations.  

Please understand that there are basic standards of discussion.

• Haha 1

On 7/27/2019 at 4:27 PM, Traubert said:

. Then again, I don't get all my information from the western mainstream press and government think tanks.

On 7/27/2019 at 7:00 PM, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

Please name these other sources of information so that we can educate ourselves.

Xinhua Press Agency perhaps?

I actually mean free school lunches for low income students grade 1 - 12. 

Okay, when I attended grades 1-12 in Southern California, as far as I know, none of the students got free lunches. In kindergarten, as far as I know, we all got free milk and graham crackers.

Again, why should they?

3 hours ago, mogandave said:

Okay, when I attended grades 1-12 in Southern California, as far as I know, none of the students got free lunches. In kindergarten, as far as I know, we all got free milk and graham crackers.

Again, why should they?

It's a way to carve out a voting block while appearing generous, while at the same time not paying people a living wage. It's a corporate subsidy in other words.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mogandave said:

The schools don’t pay a living wage?

I don't know. I was commenting that some of the students at any given school may come from families that don't earn a living wage. It does not trouble me that some of my tax dollars might provide them a lunch. That would be one of the very few tangible benefits of my taxes paid. It doesn't bother me at all. It does bother me that some people that work a full shift everyday still can't afford to raise a family.

I don't know. I was commenting that some of the students at any given school may come from families that don't earn a living wage. It does not trouble me that some of my tax dollars might provide them a lunch. That would be one of the very few tangible benefits of my taxes paid. It doesn't bother me at all. It does bother me that some people that work a full shift everyday still can't afford to raise a family.

So what is to be done? How about importing millions of low and no skilled labor to put additional downward pressure on wages, while at the same time increasing competition for whatever hand-outs are available. Will that help?

I’m really not against free lunches in schools, but I don’t like the idea of stigmatizing the poor kids more than they already are. I would much rather give a free lunch to everyone. It would probably be a wash cost-wise, given what is likely spent administering the programs.

7 minutes ago, mogandave said:

So what is to be done? How about importing millions of low and no skilled labor to put additional downward pressure on wages, while at the same time increasing competition for whatever hand-outs are available. Will that help?

I’m really not against free lunches in schools, but I don’t like the idea of stigmatizing the poor kids more than they already are. I would much rather give a free lunch to everyone. It would probably be a wash cost-wise, given what is likely spent administering the programs.

I don't think it stigmatizes anyone because everyone uses a plastic card now. You've either got a credit on it or it says your lunch is free. No one knows. I do like the idea of everyone getting a free lunch. Hopefully not just French Fries.

I am generally in favor of whatever grants or subsidies that are available being available to everyone. It goes a long way to curbing the "us vs. them" dialogue that is so prevalent.

Edited by lannarebirth

I don't think it stigmatizes anyone because everyone uses a plastic card now. You've either got a credit on it or it says your lunch is free. No one knows. I do like the idea of everyone getting a free lunch. Hopefully not just French Fries.

I am generally in favor of whatever grants or subsidies that are available being available to everyone. It goes a long way to curbing the "us vs. them" dialogue that is so prevalent.

And if everyone gets a free lunch there is no cheating.

War between China and America is inevitable. It's not necessarily going to be a militaristic conflict. China doesn't want a military conflict with America. They are quite content with their economic advantage, their ability to enact corporate espionage, with impunity, and endless slave labor amongst their own populace. Make no mistake, China doesn't need to go head-to-head with America in any militaristic fashion. Look at Cambodia. Look at Australia. Look at the money. 

To use the words of T.S Eliot, this is how the world ends, not with a bang but a whisper. With China it ain't gonna be a bang. 

Edited by OtinPattaya
  • Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 10:03 AM, Johnnyngai said:

For people who live in a nice condominium in one of the four first line show case city, life is grand.  

Show case cities are exactly what they are. 

Take the bus 100 miles inland to a third line small cities and there is day and night difference. 

I first meet small city college students on a language exchange website in 2007, 

I have been to 10 small inland cities, my interest is off the beaten path historical sites. 

https://new.qq.com/omn/20181104/20181104A15MYC.html   

links from QQ.com  / same as the USA msn.com  

College graduates living in a third line city, living like a migrant labor.

https://new.qq.com/omn/20190714/20190714A0NBVJ00.html#p=1  

Father only has enough money to treat one of his two very sick children, 

a lottery was draw to decide which child get to live.  

https://new.qq.com/omn/20190716/20190716A0GIHP00.html#p=1 

Boy picks rotten vegetable to save money for his own doctor bill. 

https://new.qq.com/omn/20190718/20190718A06TMA00.html  

Grandma and granddaughter both very sick, grandma stopped her own medical treatment;

granddaughter is younger and has better use of the limited fund.  

Just because I have been living in one of Trump's luxury condominium for 13 years, 

does that mean Americans outside of Trump's area all worth more than 2,000,000 usd ?    

I see your "news" comes from qq.com. That's owned by tencent, a major chinese corporation. Given China's attitude about news on the internet, what are the odds that these articles bear any relation to reality?

19 hours ago, bristolboy said:

I see your "news" comes from qq.com. That's owned by tencent, a major chinese corporation. Given China's attitude about news on the internet, what are the odds that these articles bear any relation to reality?

The top of the web page is always used to promote government bla bla bla ....... 

The middle and bottom pages are more reliable, they need something to relate to the ordinary people.  

They need ordinary people to read their advertisements for $$$.

Just my personal feelings from spending many months as a Yuan bus tourist. 

China  WAS  my favorites vacation spot from 2000 to 2015. 

Now I am too old to eat those third line city food.  

Now I eat Thailand tourist food.           55555555555

Edited by Johnnyngai

On 7/31/2019 at 9:21 PM, Morch said:

Please understand that there are basic standards of discussion.

Sorry for my low standards. 

If I were low enough to take Yuan buses from one end to another in 10 different small third line Chinese cities, 

I am low enough for anything.   

I used small city college students for information,

but all I compensate them was 1/2 priced chocolates I bought the day after Valentine's day.

I also buy 1/2 priced chocolates the day after Halloween for the same purpose.       

I believe that I am low enough.                55555555555555555555

Edited by Johnnyngai