Iran is ready to negotiate but not if negotiations mean surrender: Iran president

snoop1130

Iran is ready to negotiate but not if negotiations mean surrender: Iran president

gfrdeg.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Iranian President Hassan Rouhani speaks during a meeting with tribal leaders in Kerbala, Iraq, March 12, 2019. REUTERS/Abdullah Dhiaa Al-Deen/File Photo

GENEVA (Reuters) - Iran is ready for “just” negotiations but not if they mean surrender, Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani said on Wednesday, without saying what talks he had in mind.

Rouhani seemed to be referring to possible negotiations with the United States. U.S. President Donald Trump withdrew from a landmark 2015 nuclear deal with Iran last year but has said he is willing to hold talks with the Islamic Republic.

“As long as I have the responsibility for the executive duties of the country, we are completely ready for just, legal and honest negotiations to solve the problems,” Rouhani said, according to his official website.

“But at the same time we are not ready to sit at the table of surrender under the name of negotiations.”

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-07-24
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, pegman said:

Like Cuba? What is it now 70 years? 

Seems that the Yanks and Brits have done the impossible. Made the mad mullahs look like the reasonable ones. 

1 hour ago, Tug said:

I disagree I think it tends to piss them off they tend to dig in and if Donald wants a war look what the Vietnamese did with low tec once they got their backs up and if heaven forbid Donald goes nuclear in an area were many get their oil yeiks!!

I don't think leaderships and the people are the same. Doubt if the people of North Korea, Cuba, Vietnam or Iran had much of a say about things. And obviously, the leadership doesn't feel the bite quite as bad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/24/2019 at 6:01 AM, from the home of CC said:

when you sanction people to destitution they usually capitulate..

I guess you believe that Trump holds all the cards.

On Iran, Donald Trump is running out of options

https://www.france24.com/en/20190723-iran-donald-trump-running-out-options?wpisrc=nl_todayworld&wpmm=1

And this doesn't even go into the political ramifications a war would have on Trump's shot at a second term.

According to the latest Fox New poll Trump is underwater when it comes to approval of his Iran policy.

On 7/25/2019 at 5:32 AM, pegman said:

Like Cuba? What is it now 70 years? 

Seems that the Yanks and Brits have done the impossible. Made the mad mullahs look like the reasonable ones. 

Cuba had help. Iranians are turning to the Shanghai group, China and Russia though I don't know how that will play out.