How many visa runs can I successfully do before the authorities get suspicious?

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Two entry tourist visas have not existed since 2015 when the multiple entry tourist visa became available.

Wait, for the multiple entry visa wouldn’t it be nice if I live in a city near to a border like chiangrai or udon Thani??

also what do I do after going 2 the border? Go back? 

21 minutes ago, Lemonlime said:

Wait, for the multiple entry visa wouldn’t it be nice if I live in a city near to a border like chiangrai or udon Thani??

also what do I do after going 2 the border? Go back? 

Note you can only apply for METV in your own country.

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Note you can only apply for METV in your own country.

The weirdest thing is I have been an expat all my life so I don't even know where 2 go in taipei etc... lol 

anyways thanks ^.^

34 minutes ago, Lemonlime said:

The weirdest thing is I have been an expat all my life so I don't even know where 2 go in taipei etc... lol 

anyways thanks ^.^

When I posted info for the METV it was on the website for the Thailand Economic and Trade Office in Taipei where you can apply for the visa. See: http://www.tteo.org.tw/main/th/organize/55727-ติดต่อ-|-Contact-Us.html

Fly to Thailand on a METV and get 9 months out of that.

Get an SETV in Vientiane, Laos and get 3 months out of that.

You also have 2 free land border visa exempts per calendar year. So you can go to the border, get stamped out/in for 30 days & extend for an additional 30 days

You can then go to Laos for another SETV and get 3 months from that.  

Just doing this you can live in Thailand for close to 2 years before you start to be pushing it.

Anything after this point though, the moment you choose to fly into Thailand you are gambling with denial. So you might want to save 1 free land border for emergency purposes.

Edited by acenase

34 minutes ago, acenase said:

You also have 2 free land border visa exempts per calendar year. So you can go to the border, get stamped out/in for 30 days & extend for an additional 30 days

She is from Taiwan. She can only get a 15 day visa on arrival and there is no extension allowed for it.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

She is from Taiwan. She can only get a 15 day visa on arrival and there is no extension allowed for it.

Yeah we need 2 get a 2 month tourist visa first

visa on arrival requires too much queuing >< 

However the Visa place in tw told me that we are ok if we enter and re-enter with a tourist visa immediately 

maybe they don’t know my evil plans hahaha 

I feel like I am committing a crime lol 

• Haha 1

On 7/24/2019 at 7:22 PM, DrJack54 said:

Seem to recall from previous posts you are Taiwanese national? Uboejoe (as usual) has given you best suggestion.

Setv,s will very quickly give you problems. Especially if you have already been in Thailand for some time. History of how long you have been in los and using what? Tourist visas...would be useful. Seem to recall you asking about ed visa. In any event METV would be best if possible for you to obtain

Why would an SETV give more problems than a METV if one is going to remain in Thailand during the duration of the Visa?

EDIT - I just read in a post in the thread that the METV is for 9 months, vs the SETV's 3 months.

So yes, that of course makes sense to get the METV if possible.

Edited by JimmyJ

1 hour ago, JimmyJ said:

Why would an SETV give more problems than a METV if one is going to remain in Thailand during the duration of the Visa?

EDIT - I just read in a post in the thread that the METV is for 9 months, vs the SETV's 3 months.

So yes, that of course makes sense to get the METV if possible.

I am confused 

On 7/25/2019 at 7:06 AM, MJKT2014 said:

What have authorities got to get suspicious about? Rhetorical question of course.

Extended time being spent in Thailand on  Tourist Visas.  Suggesting not really a tourist.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Extended time being spent in Thailand on  Tourist Visas.  Suggesting not really a tourist.

yeah like what if I got a bf but then it isn't the right time to get married yet so I need to spend more time with him blablabla
sucks, what other reason could a girl in her early 20s have when she hates working and uni lol 

5 hours ago, lkv said:

What's confusing you? ????

sooo

what is the best visa that requires the least travelling?? 

In my situation

Can't get married yet. lol 

my dad was thinking about getting me a B visa by letting a visa company that do B visas 'hire' me. (<-- of course this is paid) However I don't think this is a bright idea what do u think?

33 minutes ago, Lemonlime said:

yeah like what if I got a bf but then it isn't the right time to get married yet so I need to spend more time with him blablabla
sucks, what other reason could a girl in her early 20s have when she hates working and uni lol 

Well think about it a bit.

Thailand does not owe you or any other a foreigner a place to reside while you make your mind up!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lemonlime said:

sooo

In my situation

my dad was thinking about getting me a B visa by letting a visa company that do B visas 'hire' me. (<-- of course this is paid) However I don't think this is a bright idea what do u think?

Get over yourself. Get DADDY to buy you an elite visa 500k for 5 years. End of story. Many other options have already been posted and most ignored with lame excuses such as car sick etc. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Get over yourself. Get DADDY to buy you an elite visa 500k for 5 years. End of story. Many other options have already been posted and most ignored with lame excuses such as car sick etc. 

>< mmmm 

however dad said 5 yrs after the ed visa I'd already be MARRIED lol 

Don't like uni, don't want to work-> MARRIAGE lol 

anyways thanks 

sooo, METV... It would be great if I were near a border city like... Chiangrai to Mae Sai or Udon thani to Vientiane etc hehe

1 hour ago, Lemonlime said:

sooo

In my situation

I think gaming Non Ed visas is a better idea than gaming a Non B. However, I would recommend neither. If money is no object, the real way to buy your way in is the Thailand Elite visa.

3 minutes ago, Lemonlime said:

It would be great if I were near a border city like... Chiangrai to Mae Sai or Udon thani to Vientiane etc hehe

If you plan to be in Bangkok, you could do border bounces on METV by flying to Maesot (about 3 km from the border) and doing your in/out there. It is a really easy border to deal with.

1 minute ago, Lemonlime said:

>< mmmm 

however dad said 5 yrs after the ed visa I'd already be MARRIED lol 

Don't like uni, don't want to work-> MARRIAGE lol 

anyways thanks 

sooo, METV... It would be great if I were near a border city like... Chiangrai to Mae Sai or Udon thani to Vientiane etc hehe

This is basically an adult forum for sensible advice. 

Such advice has been given by many already. Ubons along with others advice to obtain METV most likely best. Clearly you do not really want to learn Thai but ed visa is used by many to enable ongoing stay in los. However they all have limited life span. 

44 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

This is basically an adult forum for sensible advice. 

Such advice has been given by many already. Ubons along with others advice to obtain METV most likely best. Clearly you do not really want to learn Thai but ed visa is used by many to enable ongoing stay in los. However they all have limited life span. 

Well I do want to learn Thai 

But what should I do afterwards? 

so yeah METV, tks

not being employed you may have difficulty obtaining an METV.

thai immigration authorities did not care about your personal life circumstances, you will be denied no matter how much hardship it will cause you. 

On 7/26/2019 at 6:12 AM, Lemonlime said:

anyways I never knew that this changes THAT frequently. I thought it is like other countries. All set, the end... for a looong time 

That's how it used to be until recently, things were predictable and reliable. We're currently in a period of overhaul and turbulence regarding immigration and visas. 

• Like 2

On 7/25/2019 at 12:40 PM, darrendsd said:

When did you have these conversations with these people you know because Double Entry Tourist visas stopped years ago

Not entirely true , but you have a point.. It stopped in Norway just 4 months ago.. But it has stopped.. yes...

4 hours ago, paahlman said:

Not entirely true , but you have a point.. It stopped in Norway just 4 months ago.. But it has stopped.. yes...

You're getting something confused here - double and triple entry visas ceased to exist worldwide when the METV replaced them in 2015. From the announcement on the Oslo embassy website at the time:

"From 13 November 2015, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry valid for 6 months from the issue date with duration of stay up to 60 days per visit will be introduced. Therefore, the existing Tourist Visa with 2 and 3 entries will no longer valid after the introduction of the Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry."

20 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

You're getting something confused here - double and triple entry visas ceased to exist worldwide when the METV replaced them in 2015. From the announcement on the Oslo embassy website at the time:

"From 13 November 2015, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry valid for 6 months from the issue date with duration of stay up to 60 days per visit will be introduced. Therefore, the existing Tourist Visa with 2 and 3 entries will no longer valid after the introduction of the Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry."

I see.. Thanks for pointing it out..