Thief busted for trying to steal motorbike in plain view

Rimmer

Thief busted for trying to steal motorbike in plain view

26-07-19-p2-Thief.jpg

PATTAYA:--A Nongprue man learned that if you’re going to steal a motorbike, it’s best not to have motorcycle taxi drivers witness it.

Weeradech Udomdej, 27, was arrested after being surrounded by drivers and others outside Chaimongkol Temple July 21 after they saw him jimmying the ignition of a Honda Super Cup with a screwdriver.

Victim Wichidchai Kumchu, 19, works at the temple as a parking attendant and parks his bike next to the South Road taxi stand every day.

It was pretty easy for nearby drivers to realize it wasn’t Weeradech’s bike and they prevented him from fleeing the scene until police arrived.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-07-26—

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, johng said:

A lot of the motor cycle taxi guys are also Police volunteers..the eyes and ears are everywhere.

Yes, step in thugs and dealers and whatever. Not much to be made solely driving as a WIN.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

"Jimmying"? Could have been worse, he could have been trying to give it a good Rodgering.

Jimmying is such a funny word, don't think I've ever heard anyone say it in my life. Rogering, on the other hand, is is fairly common parlance.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

never heard of rogering, whereas jimmying is a common word (at least in North America)

I've never heard of either, although to jimmy rings a bell.

But what is to roger please?

Just clarify:

jim·my
/ˈjimē/
verb
informal
present participle: jimmying
  1. force open (a window or door) with a jimmy.
    "a burglar jimmied his patio doors"
    Not to be confused with " See you Jimmy"
Rodgering (note it usually has a "D" in it)
r(vulgar slang) An act of sexual intercourse, especially one that is rough.
The vicar gave the organist such a good rodgering that the poor woman could not sit down for a week.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Just clarify:

jim·my
/ˈjimē/
verb
informal
present participle: jimmying
  1. force open (a window or door) with a jimmy.
    "a burglar jimmied his patio doors"
    Not to be confused with " See you Jimmy"
Rodgering (note it usually has a "D" in it)
r(vulgar slang) An act of sexual intercourse, especially one that is rough.
The vicar gave the organist such a good rodgering that the poor woman could not sit down for a week.

And of course, a "Jimmy Hat" is a condom. 

Now we are all educated appropriately.

PS: The victim was a Honda Super Cub, not a Super Cup as the article states.  

Edited by HLover
  • Thanks 1

Not unusual , had a knob head trying to steal mine while I was walking one of my pitbulls . The moment boofhead heard bike starting he ran to the bike only to find it was being used my someone else????.

cut the story short, chunks of meat were removed from guys leg. Cops were there within 5 mins and were laughing how stupid would you have to be to steal from a foreigner double your size and foreigner with a huge pitbul.

i was worried it could turn ugly, instead cops bought few bbq chickens for the boofhead and joked of they could borrow him sometime. 

I felt sorry for the guy as he was taken straight to cells instead of seeking medical assistance 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mercman24 said:

its called jEmmying, a thiefs crowbar is called a JEMMY, like a nail bar. but the word can be used for any tool , being used to pry something open.

The British English term for the housebreaker’s implement was usually jemmy, still common here and also in Australia and New Zealand. Authorities are fairly sure that this word — and the verb to jemmy or to jimmy derived from it — did come from a familiar form of James, though precisely why seems likely to remain for ever a mystery. There seems to be a strong tradition of giving tools the names of people. Another thieves’ term for a short iron bar used to force locks or break open doors was bess; yet another was billy. Think of the jack you use to lift the car when you’re replacing a wheel — this seems to be from the familiar form of John. Yet another example is the term derrick for a type of crane, named after a famous early seventeenth-century hangman.

The part about a strong tradition of giving tools the names of people is true in many ways..

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

never heard of rogering, whereas jimmying is a common word (at least in North America)

Go to any bar and ask the nice lady... "how much for a good Jimmying" you'll get a blank stare.

However if you ask the same lady about a rogering you might get a reply.