Video: Staff scramble for cover as armed robbers steal 2 million baht in gold

rooster59

Video: Staff scramble for cover as armed robbers steal 2 million baht in gold

robber1.JPG

Image: Daily News

CCTV footage from a Big C branch in Khon Kaen showed two men - one armed with a gun - threaten staff at a branch of the Mae Thong Phoon gold shop.

The robbery was yesterday evening on the second floor of Big C on the Friendship Highway near the north eastern institute of technology intersection. 

Daily News reported that the men had been casing the joint by observing from a food court. When there were no customers they pounced. 

Staff were ordered on the floor by the men who were wearing caps and surgical masks. While one man brandished a gun the other grabbed gold jewelry. 

The robbers made off on a motorcycle with about 100 baht weight in gold that would be worth about 2 million baht. 

Khon Kaen police were soon on the scene and are studying CCTV in the area to get a lead in the case.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-27

robber2.JPG

19 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The robbers made off on a motorcycle with about 100 baht weight in gold that would be worth about 2 million baht.

Did they cover the license plate? In that case they should look for highly educated people with an university degree or something.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

And the geniuses will more than likely keep the same shoes and man purse and jacket as they always dress the same way. CC tv will follow them to where ever they go and they will be apprehended in about 1-2 days. And yet the police still have not found the thugs who pulverized the activist. Unbelievable as it is near impossible to get away with a common crime here.

correct, they will be nabbed in a few days. Police will review all CCTV within 2-3kms and they will also look at other evidence. I seen this on TV it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was an inside job. imo

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

correct, they will be nabbed in a few days. Police will review all CCTV within 2-3kms and they will also look at other evidence. I seen this on TV it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was an inside job. imo

Too many cc cameras even in atm machines, bars, cafes, theirs on the streets  not to create footage trail. That is why it amazes me the thugs thumping the activist are not yet brought to justice. 

• Like 2

These guys come from a village about 5km from us ,12 police cars went flying past our village early this afternoon, they ran red lights in a car on they're way back and camers caught them, as of now poluce have not caught up with them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

It will give the keystones a break from helmets and overstayers for a couple of hours at least ???? 

Now you have said that it will come out it was two Farang on a motorcycle not wearing helmets both on overstay and needed the money for visa's. ????

6 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

It seems very easy to rob a gold shop. 

There's a gold shop in the Big C stores where I live, when it's open for business it's completely exposed with no security except store persons who are not in that area, it's open for a hit one day, especially as the automatic exit doors are right beside it!!!!