Move to Cambodia - would your Thai wife go?

simon43

6 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

I asked my Thai girlfriend if you wanted to go to Cambodia for a vacation.

This is what she said. "Cam-boo-de-ah people bad. No like Thai people. Cannot."

Well. There you have it in black and white. An honest straightforward opinion without any irrelevant sidetracking.

I'll tell you something NCC ( excuse the abridged informality ) You want to hang on to this one for at least a couple of days. Have a night in in front of the television with her. She sounds a lot more street wise than the usual fluff.

• Like 1

I don't ask for this clarification lighty. I have always read and been interested in your periginations I just can't understand why you are asking us about something when obviously we should be asking you !!

LoL, read the title of my post ==> 'Move to Cambodia would your Thai wife go?'

Now why would I know the answer?  I'm not married! 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I asked my Thai girlfriend if you wanted to go to Cambodia for a vacation.

This is what she said. "Cam-boo-de-ah people bad. No like Thai people. Cannot."

That's funny, I get Cam-bo-shi-ah. lol

On 7/27/2019 at 10:30 AM, giddyup said:

She'd be happy to move to Oz with me, but Cambodia no. Nor would I expect her to. She loves me because I provide her with money and security.

Agree totally... after 2 visits to USA and before the 3rd time, I asked my wife where she preferred to live - US or Thailand... she scrunched her face - she didn't quite get the question - "wherever you are," she answered...

That said, romantic love like in your 20s is a fleeting thing... we have been together near 20 years now and love changes, in many ways deeper through time. Being stable, reliable, there in emergencies to help family, are important factors... my wife would not want to live in Cambodia, but neither would I... she would probably come to USA but I know she loves being in Thailand ad living in the village with her family... and being a caring husband, I do my best to make sure she can do that... 

• Like 2

On 7/27/2019 at 10:30 AM, giddyup said:

She'd be happy to move to Oz with me, but Cambodia no. Nor would I expect her to. She loves me because I provide her with money and security.

What you say she loves you COS you provide money and security is a shame. My thai wife and i both love each other after 15 years together, we are each others best friend. When my g/f now wife after 5 months together then we rented together, she still worked for 15 months then after a scooter accident where she was off work for 6 weeks i never wanted her to go back to work. Love came first. And cos of love WE SHARE a nice life style. No love i would never have shown her the world. 

• Like 2